Jump to content

May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update


marco6158
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

We're all human, and humans will make an uncountable amount of mistakes in their lifetime. 

 

Plus, this is a game at the end of the day, and you cannot expect everyone to play that game to your liking. 


True, but i can expect everyone to play the game in a way that abides by the rules no?

  • True Story 1

 

 

 

1004015171_TMPBANNER.thumb.png.7609fdcd169357e6acc9100e0e84e78c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager
6 minutes ago, Welshie said:


True, but i can expect everyone to play the game in a way that abides by the rules no?

 

Many of us would appreciate others to behave, of course. It helps people get along. But, its just the nature of gaming and the internet overall. Even in shooter games, capturing the "flag", for example. The objective seems quite logical, yet others do their own things, besides the actual objective. The team may suffer or lose the round as a result, but it just happens. The percentage of people that do this is very small compared to the ones that play for the actual objective. The same applies here. You'll find more trolls within the base map, we know that. You may find some outside it. If you encounter 10 trolls in an hour, for example, that may just be bad luck, or "wrong place, wrong time". It doesn't mean there are that many everywhere you go. I hope that makes sense.

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Can_V6
Just now, Trucker_Bean said:

Sanırım kaçırıldıysanız, itiraz sistemi aracılığıyla birisiyle iletişime geçeceksiniz. ?

I've been trying to open my ban since morning, but I can't get any results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kickback!
 

I have always been against permanent bans, several times suggesting: 1st apply warning, 2nd 15th day of ban, 3rd 30th day of ban; 4th 45 days of ban; 5th 60 days of ban and 6th 90 days of ban. Use of cheating or hacking permanent ban! Now I see that the way this banning pardon was put, many who have been permanently banned by other cheats will be able to benefit from the pardon. This sounds more like Truckersmp's desperation for lack of players than it gives a new chance to the permanently banned.
No truckersmp, cheaters can't go back to playing on servers together with those who play and obey the rules, it's not fair. Fix this law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ScobraBR said:

Kickback!
 

I have always been against permanent bans, several times suggesting: 1st apply warning, 2nd 15th day of ban, 3rd 30th day of ban; 4th 45 days of ban; 5th 60 days of ban and 6th 90 days of ban. Use of cheating or hacking permanent ban! Now I see that the way this banning pardon was put, many who have been permanently banned by other cheats will be able to benefit from the pardon. This sounds more like Truckersmp's desperation for lack of players than it gives a new chance to the permanently banned.
No truckersmp, cheaters can't go back to playing on servers together with those who play and obey the rules, it's not fair. Fix this law.

 

Hello @ScobraBR.

 

I'd like to point out that there will be no more permanent §2.8 (History) Bans. As like this topic and post says, hacking/bug/feature abusing and ban evading violations' punishments are still permanent and will not be disabled.

That being said, "hackers" and "ban evaders" can not play on TruckersMP Servers as always.

 

I also liked this new set of rules. I think it's a great thing to give users another chance. I support this change.

These views are my own opinion as a player. They do not reflect my views as TruckersMP Staff Member.

LanguagesTR / EN | Discord: DatSpeed#0001

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

 

904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).webp.21838498ed61599820effa2de0065d4f.webp    +   39156329_role_GameModerator(1).webp.e92a68917998ce91b48b9c8d98f4dc5f.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My two cents on this topic.

 

If a user has broken the rules so many times that they have been banned then why are we inviting them back to come back to the community.

 

This will only drive users to break the rules because they know that in 90 days they can come back and do it all over again (Trolling) Although I know this will have been thought about for a length of time but it does seem very confusing are we just encouraging people to misbehave and just get away with it with a slap on the wrist.

 

This rule change will send people away from the community, This will just allow more trolls and your more valued members will dwindle away over time.

2 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

We're all human, and humans will make an uncountable amount of mistakes in their lifetime. 

 

Plus, this is a game at the end of the day, and you cannot expect everyone to play that game to your liking. 

This is very true not everyone can play the game to your liking but when these people are causing problems every 90 days will moderators want to be dealing with the same people, Uploading evidence, Dealing with the appeals. It just feels like a easy cop out to get the player numbers up which like I said earlier its going to drive the genuine players away when they get fed up of trolls. 

Instead of just 90 days. Why not have 90 days, 6 months, 1 year. This would work a lot better in my onion 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

My two cents on this topic.

 

If a user has broken the rules so many times that they have been banned then why are we inviting them back to come back to the community.

 

This will only drive users to break the rules because they know that in 90 days they can come back and do it all over again (Trolling) Although I know this will have been thought about for a length of time but it does seem very confusing are we just encouraging people to misbehave and just get away with it with a slap on the wrist.

 

This rule change will send people away from the community, This will just allow more trolls and your more valued members will dwindle away over time.

This is very true not everyone can play the game to your liking but when these people are causing problems every 90 days will moderators want to be dealing with the same people, Uploading evidence, Dealing with the appeals. It just feels like a easy cop out to get the player numbers up which like I said earlier its going to drive the genuine players away when they get fed up of trolls. 

Instead of just 90 days. Why not have 90 days, 6 months, 1 year. This would work a lot better in my onion 

 

I agree with your thoughts on the reasoning behind the change. 

 

This change will only allow trolls temporary access to the servers as they'll soon be re-banned should they break the rules again (Nothing has changed in this respect). So unless you're unfortunate enough to come across a troll, you'll not be impacted. Moreover, trolls exist on the network at the moment and will continue to exist. The same applies to all other online titles that offer the same or similar environments to TruckersMP.  

 

Moderators will have to do their job - that is what they signed up to do. I see no problem with this. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Moderators will have to do their job - that is what they signed up to do. I see no problem with this. "

 

JOB. All the Moderators are Volunteers   They do not get paid for this work many do it too help the community grow. I cant understand the logic in just giving more work. Logic prevails.

 

" So unless you're unfortunate enough to come across a troll,"

 

Well tonight i came across a good 10 to 15 people just ramming though traffic and not giving a dam, because guess what they get a slap on the wrist now. I agree with your point that on the network trolls do exist but just tonight I've noticed trolling from ramming (Collisions) , CB abuse.. Yes i could report all these but I do not come on a game to sit and report people all evening and I should not having to be reporting players which CANNOT behave and follow the rules even AFTER they have had a second chance. 

 

But even if they get 5 bans they will be back in 3 months anyways.. Its quite a biased from yourself which was perm banned but we shall ignore that fact ?

 

In changing the rules you have made all the trolls and bullies which have caused havoc in the past a free rain to come back and do it all over again. A lovely middle finger to all the staff which spend hours of UNPAID time improving the community. I'm sure you will see an increase in reports but i guess your perception on this follows "Moderators will have to do their job".

 

 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

 

I agree with your thoughts on the reasoning behind the change. 

 

This change will only allow trolls temporary access to the servers as they'll soon be re-banned should they break the rules again (Nothing has changed in this respect). So unless you're unfortunate enough to come across a troll, you'll not be impacted. Moreover, trolls exist on the network at the moment and will continue to exist. The same applies to all other online titles that offer the same or similar environments to TruckersMP.  

 

Moderators will have to do their job - that is what they signed up to do. I see no problem with this. 

 

 

msedge_eJBd7pTYcq.png

unknown.png

 

But lets hope you don't drive like this again and make the "Moderators will have to do their job" ?

 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

JOB. All the Moderators are Volunteers   They do not get paid for this work many do it too help the community grow. I cant understand the logic in just giving more work. Logic prevails.

A job can be paid or unpaid. 

 

41 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

Well tonight i came across a good 10 to 15 people just ramming though traffic and not giving a dam, because guess what they get a slap on the wrist now. I agree with your point that on the network trolls do exist but just tonight I've noticed trolling from ramming (Collisions) , CB abuse.. Yes i could report all these but I do not come on a game to sit and report people all evening and I should not having to be reporting players which CANNOT behave and follow the rules even AFTER they have had a second chance. 

The report system is there to report users who have broken the rules, and should be used for such. If you don't want to report users, that is fair enough. But not doing so will only add to their satisfaction as they're not being punished. In terms of the number of people and what they were doing well that sounds like a typical CD and comes with the territory.

 

41 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

But even if they get 5 bans they will be back in 3 months anyways.. Its quite a biased from yourself which was perm banned but we shall ignore that fact 

You're correct! I have been banned previously. I agree the new proposed maximum length is not long enough and should be longer. 

 

 

34 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

But lets hope you don't drive like this again and make the "Moderators will have to do their job" ?

I hope not to replicate the previous incidents I have instigated in the past.  

 

41 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

In changing the rules you have made all the trolls and bullies which have caused havoc in the past a free rain to come back and do it all over again. A lovely middle finger to all the staff which spend hours of UNPAID time improving the community. I'm sure you will see an increase in reports but i guess your perception on this follows "Moderators will have to do their job".

People who are previously known for such shouldn't have been allowed back onto the network. You're very right. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, GH-Sponsor said:

Excuse me, can your management abuse their rights?Or is it a rejection of our people? If so, please give us a perfect explanation!I applied for a foreign VTC on May 3rd, 2022, and not only failed,And the game management in VTC directly banned me permanently?I want to say, I didn't evade any ban or violate any rules, so I applied for a foreign VTC and got this result?I'm seriously dissatisfied with this!

If you disagree with a decision made by the relevant person(s), you could use the feedback system. 

 

Plus, this topic is to do with the recent change of 2.8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest GH-Sponsor
1 hour ago, Trucker_Bean said:

如果你不同意有关人士作出的决定,你可以使用反馈系统。

 

另外,这个话题与最近的变化有关2.8

The question is, my current administrator actually forbids me to appeal and can't give feedback. What's the logic? Is this bullying us Chinese?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GH-Sponsor said:

The question is, my current administrator actually forbids me to appeal and can't give feedback. What's the logic? Is this bullying us Chinese?

Unless you've been banned from the aforementioned feedback system, you're free to create a report against members of staff via it.  

 

If you have appealed the set amount of times, you can no longer appeal your ban. 

 

If you're unable to use the above and haven't hit your limit or been banned (or anything similar), you could create a support ticket and see if they can get to the bottom of why you cannot use these. 

 

I'm not a moderator, but I'd advise that you possibly use the mentioned avenues rather than asking in this topic.

Once again, I am not a moderator, all I've said is purely advice, and you can choose to follow it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GH-Sponsor said:

The question is, my current administrator actually forbids me to appeal and can't give feedback. What's the logic? Is this bullying us Chinese?


From your ban history (public), you were Permanently banned for Ban Evading, not for having 5+ bans within a 1 year period.

As stated in the news post, this only applies to Bans placed under Rule 2.8. Your ban is placed under Rule 1.2, and therefore is not subject to being lifted and will remain in place. This has nothing to do about nationality. This has everything to do with you evading a validly placed ban.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager
7 hours ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

"Moderators will have to do their job - that is what they signed up to do. I see no problem with this. "

 

JOB. All the Moderators are Volunteers   They do not get paid for this work many do it too help the community grow. I cant understand the logic in just giving more work. Logic prevails.

 

" So unless you're unfortunate enough to come across a troll,"

 

Well tonight i came across a good 10 to 15 people just ramming though traffic and not giving a dam, because guess what they get a slap on the wrist now. I agree with your point that on the network trolls do exist but just tonight I've noticed trolling from ramming (Collisions) , CB abuse.. Yes i could report all these but I do not come on a game to sit and report people all evening and I should not having to be reporting players which CANNOT behave and follow the rules even AFTER they have had a second chance. 

 

In changing the rules you have made all the trolls and bullies which have caused havoc in the past a free rain to come back and do it all over again. A lovely middle finger to all the staff which spend hours of UNPAID time improving the community. I'm sure you will see an increase in reports but i guess your perception on this follows "Moderators will have to do their job".

 

7 hours ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

This will only drive users to break the rules because they know that in 90 days they can come back and do it all over again (Trolling) Although I know this will have been thought about for a length of time but it does seem very confusing are we just encouraging people to misbehave and just get away with it with a slap on the wrist.

 

This rule change will send people away from the community, This will just allow more trolls and your more valued members will dwindle away over time.

This is very true not everyone can play the game to your liking but when these people are causing problems every 90 days will moderators want to be dealing with the same people, Uploading evidence, Dealing with the appeals. It just feels like a easy cop out to get the player numbers up which like I said earlier its going to drive the genuine players away when they get fed up of trolls. 

 

These are decent points, offering some balance, at least, from how I'm reading it. The amount of replies here that are still feeling the amount of "trolls" that may return will be on par to the last wave of a zombie survival game. While that would be interesting to imagine, it's quite a stretch. The example of driving in the busy areas, you will indeed see more people.

 

As I mentioned in my other reply, that may vary at peak times and weekends, and so on. Not all of that increased traffic may be depicted as "trolls". The ones that are, can be reported. We'll be around, there may be an increase in reports over time, but its nothing we haven't had before. At no point has an increase in players in this way made the game unplayable. It may have blocked C-D for a while, but C-D isn't the entire map (to most people :kappa:).

 

In your case, you and many others may choose not to report everything you see, ban-able or not. That would indeed reduce what comes into the system, or perhaps another player would report them instead. The facilities are there, though. They will be used at some point. This will be fine.

 

The extended duration part has been suggested I'm sure, various alternatives like 6 months, 1 year etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is a good idea to slackening the ban-rules a bit. Ninety days is a long time and absolutely enough to eventually effect a change in the affected players behaviour. If the affected players are caring about it to have the chance to play on TruckersMP, i don't think so that most of them don't want to get banned again for thirty or ninety days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Mister_Manson said:

I think it is a good idea to slackening the ban-rules a bit. Ninety days is a long time and absolutely enough to eventually effect a change in the affected players behaviour. If the affected players are caring about it to have the chance to play on TruckersMP, i don't think so that most of them don't want to get banned again for thirty or ninety days. 

 

So the 5 bans that the users had before wasn't enough warning.

 

ANY other game servers if you are banned you are banned.

 

Can you imagine letting all the hackers back on rust, csgo and call of duty. it would be mental although i understand we are not letting hackers back on. the players which have been banned for a reason clearly dont respect the rules and should remain banned FULL STOP

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

the players which have been banned for a reason clearly dont respect the rules and should remain banned FULL STOP

They haven't respected the rules at the time they were banned, but what's to say they will continue to disrespect the rules after being given a second chance? 

 

As previously mentioned, people change and people mature. Should they fail to change their rule-breaking habits, they'll soon find themselves banned again.  

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Inklink locked this topic
  • James unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.