Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

As someone who has been previously permanently banned, I see this rule adjustment as a chance for those past rule breakers to be given another chance. However, I do partially agree with those who disagree with such an adjustment.  

Since Convoy Mode was released, there has been a decline in the number of players that regularly play on the TruckersMP network. This is especially noticeable with the ATS players and some long term ETS2 players. A rule adjustment like this will have not only a positive impact on the player base but also a negative impact, which is to be expected. After all, they'll always be people who agree/disagree with something. In terms of player count, well, that'll just skyrocket momentarily and then plummet when the repeat offenders re-offend and people leave the community. However, people who are set in their ways will not change. This can be said for the people who are now unbanned and for the people who oppose them being unbanned.  

I believe this adjustment allows those who are not "set in their ways"  to take a look at themselves and improve on their previous poor behaviour within the community. If they cannot improve, mature and behave, then they'll find themselves repeatedly banned. 

This mod, allows people to drive with each other. This shouldn't be subject to ridicule from other players, whether that be a certain user's driving style or their truck etc... If a person isn't the best at driving, they should still be treated the same as someone who has top-notch driving skills. When someone Intentionally goes out of their way to affect other people's experiences, they should be removed without the chance of "being forgiven", however, if someone accidentally breaks a rule, they should be forgiven as everyone makes mistakes and we're all human at the end of the day. When a person repeatably makes avoidable mistakes, this is when sanctions such as bans should be enforced. 

With this influx of returning players, there'll be no doubt, more reports, more trolls and Incidents. This of course will add extra stress to the staff teams responsible for dealing with such. However, staff members signed up for an uncapped payload and, unfortunately, will have to dish out extra bans, extra kicks and so on...    

It does seem that the Game Moderation Management has paid little regard to the increased payload this'll have on Game Moderators and Report Mods. Should they be able to do this? No. Can they? Yes. 

With this recent update, things like "Road to Simulation" have been once again pushed aside. However, the same can be said for the proposal to add public transport, a new POI (that served no purpose) and the alternating vehicles. All the aforementioned don't have Trucking anywhere within them for the most part. All the aforementioned seem to be failed and bound to fail solutions at increasing the player count or attempting to cling onto the remaining players that still exist. The same could be said for this adjustment, and to be honest, it's probably true. 

Many people will agree with this adjustment and abolishment of Permanent bans, and many will rightfully disagree, that is a fact. The dialogue on this topic has not only opened my eyes to how other people view not only this topic but the way they see the community, and I must say that it's been a pleasure.  

So what are my closing thoughts?

I feel that people like myself who have made stupid avoidable mistakes should take this adjustment and learn from it. I do, however, feel that removing the permanent ban entirely for history was not only unexpected but no doubt some stunt to cling onto and bring back previous players possibly, at the cost of others. No doubt, people will abuse this change and use it to ruin and remove all enjoyment for a small number of others. While this shouldn't be tolerated, it shouldn't prevent others from proving they can behave. 

So what would be a better solution? 

Yes, removing all previous history permanent bans is a Good Idea, but removing the prospect of future permanent bans is not. If you're one of the people lucky enough to have been unbanned, you should use this chance to prove you can drive. If after they've been unbanned they re-offend within a week, they should have their permeant ban reinstated. If they re-offend within a month, they should receive an x amount of month ban and then if they re-offend after that ban term, they should be once again permanently banned, as they've shown that they cannot follow the rules. If after six months they haven't broken any rules, they should be reset and receive the same progressive bans as everyone else.  

To put it simply, all the users unbanned have been given a chance. If they take the mick and abuse this chance, they should and need to face the consequences. This more than likely will apply to those who haven't grown up, trolls and people who are purposely displaying poor driving ability. If they take this chance and appreciate it and do not re-offend, then it's been successful. Furthermore, permanent bans should be reinstated for those repeat offenders who cannot behave, cannot appreciate other players and ruin other people's experiences purposefully.

When my now shortened ban has expired, I'll aim to improve my driving ability and not break rules. I hope many others will follow suit.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GH-Sponsor said:

Where did I escape the ban? Where's the evidence? What about the relevant evidence? There is no evidence, just a word? ? ?

I gues you have created another account, and even if you never logged in with it when your original account was banned, you were breaking the rule §1.2.

Creating multiple accounts is generally not against rules, but once one of them receives a ban, the system will probably mark them.

At least that is my interpretation.

1 hour ago, GH-Sponsor said:

Where did I escape the ban? Where's the evidence? What about the relevant evidence? There is no evidence, just a word? ? ?

§1.2 - Ban Evading - PERMANENT BAN

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. Attempting to remove ban evidence to get out of a ban. If the evidence points that you have evaded a ban, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.

7 hours ago, GH-Sponsor said:

The problem is that I didn't evade any ban. Did he do it intentionally or unintentionally?

I can't tell if you used a second account to play while you had a previous one banned, but from your screenshot, it seems that TruckersMP has discovered you having 3 different accounts, why would you create new accounts when you had already one that you could use because it wasn't banned?

Anyway, you won't get anything here, your only options to get this sorted out were the appeals and the feedback system in case the appeals didn't work. From what you said, you can't use those anymore, which means, I guess, that you sent your appeals and feedback ticket and all of them were rejected. Nothing else you can do, you lost the privilege of playing with TruckersMP. Sorry but that's how things are, at least as of now (who knows, maybe TruckersMP will decide to forgive ban evaders too, in the future).

I've been perma banned because I got acussed of Hacking which I didn't do.. Been on TMP since 2018 I see no point in Hacking, just why?

Well I just hope that the Rule change will affect Hacking and Ban Evading aswell as I forced myself to Ban Evading because of my Permanent Ban for Hacking

Until then I'm sticking to SCS Convoys

Hello players of TruckersMP!

This topic was intended to enable you to discuss the latest rule updates in a civil and calm manner, however, as the most recent comments have proven, this isn't quite possible, which ultimately resulted in loads of §4.2 violations and unnecessary heated arguments. This is something we will not condone, nor let slide, so we have taken the decision to lock this topic for the aforementioned reasons. 

We do not like taking this step, but seeing how quickly this escalated, it's something we see necessary. We will be reviewing all the comments and decide if we are going to issue official punishments against everyone involved in breaking our rules. 

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,  
Inklink  
TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager 

// Locked

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Woah! 1
  • Awesome! 1

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

• James unfeatured this topic