Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

2 minutes ago, GH-Sponsor said:

You can look down on Chinese players, but please remember that we Chinese players have been tortured by the so-called management of your games. If we didn't firmly believe that the games can be optimized, do you think we would sponsor them? It was just a game, but now it may lead to legal information.

Your ban has nothing to do with nationality. You've clearly broken the rules and must face the punishments handed to you. 

Once again, this topic is to do with the change in rule 2.8. Your concerns are with rule §1.2. Therefore, this isn't the ideal place to voice those concerns. 

6 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

They haven't respected the rules at the time they were banned, but what's to say they will continue to disrespect the rules after being given a second chance? 

As previously mentioned, people change and people mature. Should they fail to change their rule-breaking habits, they'll soon find themselves banned again.  

But surely since they have already disrespected the rules 5 times they are going to do it again. As mentioned before in one of my other posts, if I go kill 5 people get locked up for 90 days what’s stopping me going and killing 5 more just to get another 90 days ? 

This game is meant to be realistic and that’s how I’m putting things into a realistic perspective. 

11 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

But surely since they have already disrespected the rules 5 times they are going to do it again. As mentioned before in one of my other posts, if I go kill 5 people get locked up for 90 days what’s stopping me going and killing 5 more just to get another 90 days ? 

This game is meant to be realistic and that’s how I’m putting things into a realistic perspective. 

You can predict what someone will do, but you cannot know for sure until they do it.  

11 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

if I go kill 5 people get locked up for 90 days

While that example is drastic, I can see where you're coming from. However, as I've said above, you cannot know someone's actions until they themselves have acted. 

Yes, some of the people unbanned may abuse that fact, but that shouldn't remove the chance from people who will obey the rules after they've been unbanned.  

Just now, GH-Sponsor said:

Do you mean that I should be banned permanently?Which ban did I evade?It's just a direct sentence. Is it my reason to evade the ban? No relevant information?

You've received the same punishment that anyone who broke that rule would receive. 

To the best of my knowledge, evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing information that is not for the public eye. 

§1.2 - Ban Evading - PERMANENT BAN

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. Attempting to remove ban evidence to get out of a ban. If the evidence points that you have evaded a ban, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.

I don't mind this new ban system people not having perm bans anymore. 

I just hope they learnt there lesson from this and listen to the rules in the future. 

It gives people another chance to show that they do listen to the truckersmp rules and learn from there lesson. ?

I respect every decision TMP does for the community to make it better. 

11 minutes ago, GH-Sponsor said:

Does TMP stipulate that a person can only have one number? If there are no rules, it's their own problem, not our players'. And I didn't escape any ban. I wasn't playing games during the ban. Is playing offline an escape?

I cannot speak for TruckersMP nor can I speculate if your ban is valid or not. However, you've been banned for such and should probably use the correct methods of appealing (This is not one of them).   

I'll quote rule §1.2 again:

§1.2 - Ban Evading - PERMANENT BAN

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. Attempting to remove ban evidence to get out of a ban. If the evidence points that you have evaded a ban, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.

Rule §5.3 may also be of some use to yourself, so I'll leave that below as well. 

§5.3 - Appealing and filing a complaint

If you have been banned, you have the right to appeal the ban via the appeal system. If you feel that your ban appeal is not handled correctly or that you want to file a complaint against a staff member, use our feedback system. Prior to contacting feedback, your ban appeal must be Accepted, Modified or Declined. The feedback system is your last option. Any decision made by high ranked staff members will be final and cannot be appealed in another way. Any abuse of the feedback system can result in a ban from its use. Evidence for bans is required to be available for the duration of the ban plus thirty days. It is not possible to contact any member of the TruckersMP staff about bans that expired over fourteen days ago or a report that was handled over fourteen days ago. Complaints cannot be addressed privately with Staff members. You are required to use the appropriate system to fill in a complaint or appeal a punishment.

"And now even a series of channels such as appeals and feedback are closed for me. What does this mean? To put it bluntly, you dare not go public? Someone who has multiple accounts but has not evaded the ban has been permanently banned, so dare not tell?"

Bans are not a public matter. If you've not broken the rule you're accused of breaking, your appeal and feedback ticket(s) would've more than likely, been accepted. 

5 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

我不能代表卡车司机我也不能推测你的禁令是否有效。然而,你已经被禁止这样做,也许应该使用正确的上诉方法(这不是其中之一).   

我将引用规则1.2再次重申:

1.2 -禁止规避-永久禁止

创建或使用另一个帐户来规避临时或永久的禁令。试图删除禁令证据以摆脱禁令。如果有证据表明你逃避了禁令,工作人员保留不经通知再次禁止你的权利。由于包含机密的服务器端信息,ban规避的证据不能被披露。

规则§5.3 可能对自己也有些用处,所以我也把那个留在下面。

5.3 -上诉和投诉

如果您被禁止,您有权通过上诉系统对禁令提出上诉。如果您认为您的银行上诉没有得到正确处理,或者您想对某个员工提出投诉,请使用我们的反馈系统。在联系反馈之前,您的禁令上诉必须被接受、修改或拒绝。反馈系统是你最后的选择。由高级职员做出的任何决定都是最终决定,不能以其他方式上诉。任何对反馈系统的滥用都会导致禁止使用。禁令的证据必须在禁令期加30天内有效。不可能就超过14天前过期的禁令或超过14天前处理的报告联系TruckersMP的任何成员。投诉不能私下向员工提出。您需要使用适当的系统填写投诉或对处罚提出上诉。

And now even a series of channels such as appeals and feedback are closed for me. What does this mean?

QQ图片20220506180309.png

12 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

You can hope that a user will follow the rules, but in reality, not all will. 

The issue here is we are 2 sides of the same coin here, I have never been banned, you are currently banned and will avoid a perma due to this rule change so you benefit and I do not.

in my eyes looking at your ban history it’s clear you are reckless, so maybe find some players who aren’t so reckless and learn from them.

and as you say, not all will follow the rules, that is why perma bans need to stay. 

3 minutes ago, Welshie said:

in my eyes looking at your ban history it’s clear you are reckless, so maybe find some players who aren’t so reckless and learn from them.

That's a perfectly reasonable evaluation. I should find role models to follow. That's indeed true. However, without access to the means, it's impossible to achieve. 

5 minutes ago, Welshie said:

The issue here is we are 2 sides of the same coin here, I have never been banned, you are currently banned and will avoid a perma due to this rule change so you benefit and I do not.

Correct. However, should someone commit a crime, you're not to blame and will not profit nor benefit from their punishment. The same person may also walk free in a matter of weeks.  Some will re-offend, and others will have learnt. 

The number of times you do something shouldn't rule out the ability for you to change. 

13 minutes ago, Welshie said:

and as you say, not all will follow the rules, that is why perma bans need to stay. 

If someone stole a loaf of bread five times, should they be locked away forever? You've got to remember that while you wish for a realistic experience, not all will want the same. You've also got to keep in mind that this is a game

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

That's a perfectly reasonable evaluation. I should find role models to follow. That's indeed true. However, without access to the means, it's impossible to achieve. 

Correct. However, should someone commit a crime, you're not to blame and will not profit nor benefit from their punishment. The same person may also walk free in a matter of weeks.  Some will re-offend, and others will have learnt. 

The number of times you do something shouldn't rule out the ability for you to change. 

If someone stole a loaf of bread five times, should they be locked away forever? You've got to remember that while you wish for a realistic experience, not all will want the same. You've also got to keep in mind that this is a game

See, you’ve repeatedly said to keep in mind this is just a game.

But every parallel you’ve drawn is from real life situations, at no point have I made any comparisons to real life, this is a game, this whole community is built around a game and this community has rules, rules that need to be adhered to, that is the simple truth anyone who disputes that you should be allowed to ignore the rules 5+ times over the span of a year is simply wrong. 

1 hour ago, GH-Sponsor said:

And now even a series of channels such as appeals and feedback are closed for me. What does this mean?

QQ图片20220506180309.png

It's pretty clear. You were permanently banned because of rule 1.2, not because of rule 2.8, so you won't be unbanned. Only permanent bans "Due to history" are being changed to "90 days", the ones due to hacking, bug abusing, ban evading and so on haven't changed, they are still permanent.

2 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

They haven't respected the rules at the time they were banned, but what's to say they will continue to disrespect the rules after being given a second chance? 

As previously mentioned, people change and people mature. Should they fail to change their rule-breaking habits, they'll soon find themselves banned again.  

Yes that is all well and good. 

But they will find themselves banned for only x amount of time and will always come back.

These people will come back time after time. cause nothing but issues.

Here's a very easy solution . If you are on a permeant ban and you get unbanned, If you are banned again it goes back to a permeant, think of it like the forgiveness day back some time ago. I'm all for giving people second chances but all this is done for is to increase the player amount on the servers. Will people that Moderate be happy to continue banning the same folk.

I have seen this done on Minecraft servers, FIVEM servers this is the kind stuff that puts the good genuine players off and also can lead to a lot of staff leaving I truly believe that this decision will be more of a impact on TMP then a positive.  

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Welshie said:

See, you’ve repeatedly said to keep in mind this is just a game.

But every parallel you’ve drawn is from real life situations, at no point have I made any comparisons to real life, this is a game, this whole community is built around a game and this community has rules, rules that need to be adhered to, that is the simple truth anyone who disputes that you should be allowed to ignore the rules 5+ times over the span of a year is simply wrong. 

You have an opinion on the change, and I have an opinion on the change. You do not agree with my opinion, and I yours. However, your "opinion"  can be challenged and opposed.   

You cannot call another person's opinion wrong or false when it is indeed just that, an opinion. 

Most online games have some form of "trolling". It's part of reality. This doesn't mean that all other players should remain locked away from the community. Yes, some users may impact your experience, but that's life. You'll meet people online and IRL that will not do everything to your liking and in line with a set of rules. 

Moreover, permanent bans weren't a permanent solution to trolls and nor did they stop those who, were permanently banned from accessing the servers. 

Being banned for any amount of time should be a deterrent. Obviously, not all of the players on TruckersMP feel this way and proceed to constantly rule break, which would've previously ended in them no longer being able to play. However, presently they'll be punished more and more for their actions. 

Yes, this is a game and should be treated like such. The current rules, are more based on "Simulating Real Life" rather than allowing users who don't want so much simulation their fun. Your logic and mindset also appear to be in line with this. 

If you don't want to encounter the inevitable, don't drive where encountering such is common. 

Over the many years you yourself have played on this network, you'd think you'd have gotten used to the idea of coming across the occasional troll. After all, it's an open-world game with vehicles, which doesn't exactly make for perfectly simulated gameplay. 

42 minutes ago, Welshie said:

But every parallel you’ve drawn is from real life situations

If the rules want the game to reflect real life in as many ways as possible and other players want the same, why can't my examples?  

44 minutes ago, Welshie said:

rules that need to be adhered to

No one is denying that fact. However, removing or the addition of permanent bans will not achieve this. 

5 minutes ago, KGT l Annoyed Grunt said:

Yes that is all well and good. 

But they will find themselves banned for only x amount of time and will always come back.

These people will come back time after time. cause nothing but issues.

Here's a very easy solution . If you are on a permeant ban and you get unbanned, If you are banned again it goes back to a permeant, think of it like the forgiveness day back some time ago. I'm all for giving people second chances but all this is done for is to increase the player amount on the servers. Will people that Moderate be happy to continue banning the same folk.

I have seen this done on Minecraft servers, FIVEM servers this is the kind stuff that puts the good genuine players off and also can lead to a lot of staff leaving I truly believe that this decision will be more of a impact on TMP then a positive.  

Indeed. That solution would work, and yes, I agree this does appear to be some kind of ploy to increase player numbers. 

The influx of returning players may temporarily boost player numbers. If the number of trolls people are portraying are released back on the network, no doubt they'll be more bans, therefore, a steady decrease in players.   

I am in full support of your solution and think TruckersMP should take it on board along with other solutions like longer ban lengths etc... 

I too dislike trolls, but I believe that shouldn't stop other people who have matured from being allowed back.  

1 minute ago, Trucker_Bean said:

Indeed. That solution would work, and yes, I agree this does appear to be some kind of ploy to increase player numbers. 

The influx of returning players may temporarily boost player numbers. If the number of trolls people are portraying are released back on the network, no doubt they'll be more bans, therefore, a steady decrease in players.   

I am in full support of your solution and think TruckersMP should take it on board along with other solutions like longer ban lengths etc... 

I too dislike trolls, but I believe that shouldn't stop other people who have matured from being allowed back.  

As I said before I think people who had a permanent ban had there chance and they messed it up so it’s on then. Just because tmp is dropping numbers due to scs multiplayer doesn’t mean those people should be allowed back into a community where people have followed the rules for many years. 

but hey ho to tmp it’s all about money they don’t really care. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

As I said before I think people who had a permanent ban had there chance and they messed it up so it’s on then. Just because tmp is dropping numbers due to scs multiplayer doesn’t mean those people should be allowed back into a community where people have followed the rules for many years. 

You're correct and no one is denying that fact. However, some people will have matured and not be the bad drivers they were previously. If this is the case, they should be given a chance to prove themselves. 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

I 100% agree with you there. However, their greed shouldn't come at the expense of the people who wish to prove they can play correctly and have improved. Moreover, it shouldn't come at the expense of those rule obeying players, whom I agree with and understand, but there are ways to avoid coming into contact with rule-breaking players just as much as they're ways to come into contact with them.   

8 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

You're correct and no one is denying that fact. However, some people will have matured and not be the bad drivers they were previously. If this is the case, they should be given a chance to prove themselves. 

I 100% agree with you there. However, their greed shouldn't come at the expense of the people who wish to prove they can play correctly and have improved. Moreover, it shouldn't come at the expense of those rule obeying players, whom I agree with and understand, but there are ways to avoid coming into contact with rule-breaking players just as much as they're ways to come into contact with them.   

They wouldn’t of matured though because they now know they can get away with a light 90 day ban. And tmp just care about money as I stated before 

• Upvote 2

• Community Manager

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder to ensure that this topic is kept within the polite, friendly and kind margin of communication about this months rules updates. We understand not everyone may be satisfied, however using the forums inappropriately to discuss your dissatisfaction will not help rest your case. Instead, you may submit a feedback ticket to the Game Moderation Management to vent your dissatisfactions. 

Please note that the only permanent bans that are being changed are the bans due to history. Bans for ban evading are not changed and will be applied permanently. 

• Like 1

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

4 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

And tmp just care about money as I stated before 

You could be correct there, as I've said. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

They wouldn’t of matured though because they now know they can get away with a light 90 day ban.

Them being banned for 90 days is better than not being banned at all. Either way, it removes the immediate nuisance that they cause.  

2 hours ago, GH-Sponsor said:

The problem is that I didn't evade any ban. Did he do it intentionally or unintentionally?

I just looked up accounts on the public end, and even without the TMP backend stuff. I can tell you evaded permanent bans on previous accounts.....

Stop trying to play the victim. You evaded bans, you receive the consequence for doing so.

• True Story 1

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

1 hour ago, xBestBBx said:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder to ensure that this topic is kept within the polite, friendly and kind margin of communication about this months rules updates. We understand not everyone may be satisfied, however using the forums inappropriately to discuss your dissatisfaction will not help rest your case. Instead, you may submit a feedback ticket to the Game Moderation Management to vent your dissatisfactions. 

Please note that the only permanent bans that are being changed are the bans due to history. Bans for ban evading are not changed and will be applied permanently. 

The topic is being kept polite and we are having a debate ?

I won't be quoting anyone, there's already rather lenghty ongoing discussion, those who have been contributing and reading responses will find themselves in my words.

So, there are many claims that people can change, then specifically that "some" people can change, often saying this is based on personal experience.

This is nothing but speculation, a subjective opinion, TMP staff, specifically the moderation management, won't share any relevant data about number of permanent bans being affected and how those who get this chance will eventually wind up, with the puplic.

My subjective opinion is that the percentage of "some" will be rather low. It's not like majority of perma banned people were 5 years old that can't read, most were adult or almost adult at the time and knew exactly what they were doing (Why don't you check minimum age of criminal responsibility in Europe and USA, you may be shocked).

This isn't about trolls, those are people who are bored or want to enact a vengeance against the system or something. If someone was outright banned permanentrly for trolling, the reason was §2.9  and they will remain banned for good. Undoubtly some were still banned for §2.8 and may return, but will be dealt with if they resume trolling, provided they will even bother coming back.

Majority of the affected accounts will be people who used to have "fun" on the servers, playing "just a game" in their "different" way, until they were eventually removed from the community.

Now they will be back and most will just be themselves, they have been waiting patiently for this.

How long does it take for person to change? Is it a year, or two? Who can say? When I see there is an individual who is currently still banned becasue they got permanent ban just 2 months ago, how am I supposed to believe they have changed by now? Have they been playing singleplayer all this time, buying wheels or at leaat analog controllers which are 1000% better than keyboard, to improve their driving? I very much doubt that. What about those permanently banned more than year ago, they return clean as freshly fallen snow, no one year cooldown?

What happened with "Road to Simulation"? What happened with "playing on TruckersMP servers is a privilege and not a right"? Don't forget to flush the toilet.

Who, that value any semblance of simulation and respects the rules and other players like living and thinking beings, isn't already fed up or gone? Who will report offenders when the rest of these members leave?

When I read the "Looking to the Future" article, I was like, this is some great news, I can't wait for this, but now, I'm not so sure after TMP makes a sudden U-turn in what they value more. Suddenly, I don't feel fit for this community anymore. 

I must say, the developers of TMP are frigging magicians in my eyes, they have been improving an holding this project up for so many years

On another hand, being part of the moderation team is an ungrateful task, but up until now I have appreciated everything they have been doing. I really hope they know what they are doing and I am completely wrong.

• Upvote 1

• Community Manager
37 minutes ago, Charlie Boii said:

The topic is being kept polite and we are having a debate ?

Yup, no worries. It wasn't specifically aimed at anyone in particular. Just ensuring that everyone is maintaining a peaceful debate and whatnot. Earlier, there was a heated discussion.

Keep debating! We love to hear your opinions. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Personally, I think this rule change has made all the countless hours of work that every Game Moderator/Admin or any Moderation staff in general past and present completely worthless and gone to waste - including myself.

You have single handily made the community have to endure all those people AGAIN that were banned deservingly to begin with! And now they are allowed to come back and cause havoc to all the genuine rule biding players to have to go through the painstaking process of reporting these players AGAIN that was obviously banned for good reason in the first place - just for the sake of getting numbers back and put more pressure on the staff involved. If these players were banned 5 times in a row, they obviously didn't understand the rules and clearly had no care about actions.

Yes, some may come back and will think again about what they have done, but that will be a very small percentage.

These decisions are easily made by higher staff because they are the ones who make the decisions but don't have necessarily have to go through the heartache and countless hours that the Moderation staff has to go through - yes I understand they signed themselves up to do this voluntarily - but don't you think you've made all their work a laughing matter for all those who got banned permanently for a good reason to now go to waste?

I don't think a lot of thought has been considered in this for the people involved in the Moderation team, especially now for the GMM's because they are probably now the ones that are going to be involved quite highly (for those repeat offenders) in this to make sure if there are players out there that are just coming back to blatantly not abide by the rules, to have to re-do what's already been undone!

Why would do this to all these members of staff past and present? I know you may need numbers and you want to expand your player base - but surely there are other ways to entice more genuine players/new comers by other means. I really do feel sorry for the Moderation staff at this time.

I feel in some ways this has been a reckless decision for the majority, but I suppose it will be nice to have some old faces back and maybe they will think twice - I don’t know… only time will tell, I guess.

I have been here since May 2014 and have seen good and bad changes in my time - but overall this has to be a bad one, unfortunately, and hopefully, this be clear very soon and this rule will be amended again in the near future to compensate this. Perhaps, with an increased punishment like six months and then a year or just simply revert it back to how it once was?

But hey, now all those rule-breakers will now be rubbing their hands with glee, ready to once again ruin it for others for the sake of numbers.

However, this won’t stop me (and many others) from playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 with TruckersMP because I do love the community and always have and that's why I have been here as long as I have, despite the people you encounter that ruin gameplay, that's normal for most online communities, but I don’t know how I feel knowing that I will have to encounter all these rule-breakers, wind up merchants and deceitful players that I once banned myself or have reported in the past. Because I can tell you one thing, the things that have been said over the CB and in the chat over the years have been absolutely disgraceful to witness and before this rule change, a lot of those people were banned permanently and forgotten about, but they are once again allowed to come back… I won’t name any names, but if you have been here around here as long as I have, you’ll probably know who these people are! But if you're a newcomer or someone who hasn’t been here for a very long time you probably won’t understand, but watch this space, you will now encounter probably the worst in a long time!

These are my thoughts and opinions - make of that what you will - but everyone's views have to be heard, whether you agree with them or not. But it has been great to see people here who honestly care about this community as much as I do and don't want to see it fall because of these rule-breakers return.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day ahead!

P.s: if you have been here for more than three years, leave a awesome reaction ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 2
  • Awesome! 5

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019