May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

6 hours ago, Azuly said:

Keep in mind we have ways of stopping users that are here with the sole purpose of trolling, if you check the rules there's precedent for 2.8 to be overruled. This change will allow users who actually have learned from their mistakes to get an additional chance to improve their behaviour, this is something that was carefully thought out and we will be closely monitoring how it goes on

I would love to learn about more of those ways if possible.

Because that is basically you figuring out someone eventually. But how? Everybody can fake their behaviours, put it out like an "accident". Yes, you will probably find those guys but that will be %10 at most.

Secondly, isn't there a rule that prohibits people to apply for moderation positions if they are banned more than 3+ times? So the logic "people can change" doesn't apply there then? If you're going that people can change and they should have infinite chances. Why not roll with that when people applying into positions? That's how rules & explanation contradicts each other.

I remember many times seeing guys with permanent ban on roads again and they were laughing from the mic. People like that will come with more accs ofc. Now you just gave them 3 months cycle opportunity.

Anyway, you'll overload yourself and players, decrease the quality of the game and will eventually have to modify this rules. You'll have to add permanent ban at some point like 7th, 10th ban for example. With 3 months ban, if player still gets to permanent ban in a year, at some point, he deserves a permanent ban.

5 hours ago, Welshie said:

If genuine users are repeatedly making mistakes then I can see the benefit of allowing them back.

but to be making the same mistakes 5+ times over, they are clearly either ignoring or are unaware of the rules and have made no attempt to improve themselves.

the vast majority of those who have been banned 5+ times are trolls and deserve to not be able to play on TMP Servers. 

I agree with you. Trolls shouldn't be allowed on the servers, however, this shouldn't stop people who have made honest mistakes from playing again. 

16 hours ago, notevenlovecansaveyou said:

I would love to learn about more of those ways if possible.

Because that is basically you figuring out someone eventually. But how? Everybody can fake their behaviours, put it out like an "accident". Yes, you will probably find those guys but that will be %10 at most.

Secondly, isn't there a rule that prohibits people to apply for moderation positions if they are banned more than 3+ times? So the logic "people can change" doesn't apply there then? If you're going that people can change and they should have infinite chances. Why not roll with that when people applying into positions? That's how rules & explanation contradicts each other.

I remember many times seeing guys with permanent ban on roads again and they were laughing from the mic. People like that will come with more accs ofc. Now you just gave them 3 months cycle opportunity.

Anyway, you'll overload yourself and players, decrease the quality of the game and will eventually have to modify this rules. You'll have to add permanent ban at some point like 7th, 10th ban for example. With 3 months ban, if player still gets to permanent ban in a year, at some point, he deserves a permanent ban.

As said here in this thread by Jeronimo, we have two ways of overriding rule 2.8. Those are rules 2.9 and 5.2, that's nothing new. I can't go on any more details but feel free to read them to better understand what I'm talking about. 

Additionally, 

"We expect you to have no active bans and no more than 3 bans in the last 24 months, as well as good behavior on other platforms too (such as Discord or our community forum). We will not make exceptions unless there are special circumstances. The reason simply is that as staff members you’re the face of our project and players should look up to you. Although most of you are aware of it already, we often get asked what active bans are: 12 months after your ban expires, the color of your ban will switch from green to yellow and then you can be sure that your ban is inactive (you can check that on your TruckersMP profile). This is also known as the cooling-off period."

Yes, people can and do change but we have certain standards to meet when it comes to staff members. Feel free to address a feedback ticket to Community Management if you wish to have your questions on this topics better answered.

Finally, these player will be banned right away if they decide not follow our rules, we are on the lookout. More info.

• HaulieLove 1

Just my thoughts …..

I don’t personally understand the negative reaction to this that some people have had. Trolls and hackers can still expect to receive lengthy and sometimes permanent bans depending on their actions, nothing has changed in that regard which is good.

I do think though that setting punishments in stone (4th ban being 30 days and 5th 90 days) is a flawed system especially when the aim of this announcement is to give players a chance to change the way they drive on TruckersMP. Every minor mistake you make after your 3rd ban is essentially met with a lengthy ban regardless of if you try to change the way you drive or not. If I’m a new player and join the server now and rack up 3 bans before the end of June, even if I change my driving style and have zero problems for ages but forget to check my mirrors once next April and get reported… I could be banned for a month? There seems to be a distinct lack of common sense to that approach unless I’m misunderstanding something.

Game moderation should be about removing the worst offenders, not the minor ones, because there’s no such thing as a perfect driver. The 'Recban' culture has made TruckersMP a worse place. 

• True Story 1

36 minutes ago, Adam 555 said:

If I’m a new player and join the server now and rack up 3 bans before the end of June, even if I change my driving style and have zero problems for ages but forget to check my mirrors once next April and get reported… I could be banned for a month? There seems to be a distinct lack of common sense to that approach unless I’m misunderstanding something.

Speaking for myself. But if I was new to this game I would first play solo and then try multiplayer. But let's assume you go straight in TMP. When I would see that I'm getting banned very quickly because I don't master my truck, I would rather go on the Arcade servers or back in solo instead of risking being banned for a month or more! ?

People also have to be a bit responsible.

18 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

People who purposely troll or break the rules shouldn't be on the network; that is a fact - however, many people who were previously banned due to history were banned due to them simply making one too many mistakes

Should a person troll, they'll still be banned, just not for a permanent period; however, they'll still receive a decent length ban.

If anything, this new rule allows the people who previously broke the rules to have another chance to prove they've changed their driving ability, and if they haven't, they'll be repeatedly banned.  

Its not one to many mistakes though, if you are to receive yourself a 30 day ban due to history then surely you should be re-considering your driving style or overall behaviour within the community and in game to prevent yourself from getting any further punishments.

receiving 5+ amounts of bans in my eyes is someone who doesn't show or care about the rules that are in place and that have been in place for many years now!

its simply unfair towards the people and players who actually respect these rules and regulations to allow repeat offender back into the game and community.

• True Story 3

tmp_banner_fm04.png

I beleive that honest mistakes happen once or twice not 5 times in the space of a year, people who have made 'honest mistakes' will have learnt and would not repeatedly offend and break the rules. Therefore people who do not want to follow these rules will just carry on to offend will now just abuse this system of a 90 day ban. I think the permanent ban should be kept because you are just letting offenders back in to the community of people who have followed rules for many years and for those who want to enjoy the game. Taking this into irl purposes which is what the game wants to follow as closley as possible this is like somebody getting locked up for breaking the law and then in a few weeks them getting released but if they do it again they get locked up for 90 days.

• True Story 3

This is, fine.

You can never have a perfect system when it comes to banning, or removing people from an online community. Someone, somewhere, is always going to have their two-cents and complain about it because it affects them.

Overall, its good that there is no longer permanent bans for multiple offenses. There were some who got caught up in it, even with slight mistakes. So them being able to come back and enjoy the game is a good thing.

Also, this allowance, may actually have some of those who try to avoid their ban, not avoid it, now knowing that they are going to be able to come back after 90 days rather then suffer permanently being removed.

All this being said, I don't think it will make too major of a difference. There were trolls before, and there will still be trolls after regardless of this change. This at least opens up to people who do make the honest multiple mistakes, either through lag or whatever.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Ceylan said:

the old rule was better now the banned trolls will come and bother people

They already came back through ban evasion. This change will literally make little to no difference, other then the possibility that now, they know they come back in 90 days instead of being permanently removed. So some may actually wait the 90 days out, rather then making a new account and causing trouble 2 days after being banned.

• Like 1

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator