May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

9 minutes ago, ash.pptx said:

I personally feel this change can be partially detrimental to the multiplayer mod. I do agree that perma-bans due to history can be unreasonable but then I feel the time frame for this is too short for individuals to continue trolling in the mod. With this short time-frame, wouldn't this still encourage people to troll after 3 months?

In this post, it was mentioned that the team were aware of the trolling problems in TMP. Surely this change wouldn't do much to address this issue TMP is facing.

And with that said, I personally think this change is okay but the ban length should be longer by maybe 6-12 months. Maybe I might throw this in as a suggestion later on.

This is an idea I can get behind. 90 days really isn't that long if you have a life outside of gaming but 6-12 months would be good.

I would really like to know the rationale behind this decision to remove permanent bans?! ?

If it's to give people another chance: well you can continue to believe in Santa but I'm telling you... it doesn't exist! 90 days won't change people. They will come back with the same childish and stupid mindset!

If it's because some people here have a business/corporate mindset (which transpires massively with all the crazy procedures and rules simple players have to follow to get something done in here) and think the number of players graph will go up with this new change: well, again, this is a childish reaction. Yes more bad players will come back. BUT many correct/respectful players will leave fed up by the inaction and anarchy each time they are trying to reach a destination without being annoyed by imbeciles!

????????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeronimο said:

Our experience tells otherwise; it's not that black and white. It is not our intention to "bring trolls back". Rather, we have revised our banning structure to enforce more reasonable punishments with the values of the community in mind. We still have the means to remove players whose sole purpose it is to cause harm to other players.

This is the issue, punishments do not have to be more reasonable! If you have been Perma'd for history you should stay perma'd because you have proven you can't abide by the community rules.

This spits on the Values of the community completely, this will push people to use convoy mode to avoid the trolls that already plague the servers.

Your absolutely right, Reporting is not a competition, but when we have so much evidence of trolls to report surely making punishments more reasonable and letting perma'd players back into the servers is counter productive?

Im seeing a lot of the players who have been around for 4/5 years agreeing on this, you are pushing away your core player base with this move.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maryoolo [GER/PL] said:

If they really want to play, they can change their IP and buy the game again

So to play this game in TMP, I should technically change my ip. and generally ip comes with computer's specific parts. To play this game in TMP, I have to change that. Dude, I am sorry. I can not agree at all..

I had to jump on to make a comment.

Since being away from the community and living my life, I realised how pedantic some of the rules really were with regards to this mod. Especially given the fact that someone could very easily be banned for a mistake that they’ve made, and it’s not an official mod. Someone may have unintentionally made 5 mistakes in a row and bam, permanent ban. It was an overly pedantic system, and I’ll leave it at that.

During my time in the team, I always had people who regretted what they did leading up to a permanent ban. There wasn’t much that they could do other than beg for remorse via the feedback systems, which wasn’t a healthy option for such a large community, and did lead to significant ban evasion. 

Trolling is an issue however, and will always remain an issue with this mod. It’s the same on other role playing games. Just look at FiveM for instance, there are frequent rule breakers and that’s the reason we have our GMs. A lot of people are acting like the entire punishment system is disappearing and it’s simply untrue, the GMs are in place to do their job, and anyone caught rule breaking will still be punished. 

I disagree with the insinuation that people would just return with the intention of trolling. If I had the intention of trolling, I wouldn’t break the rules to then get banned for 90 days, leave the ban to then get another 90 day ban. It’s completely irrational and just a waste of time. I have to question anyone’s mental capacity if they just want to waste their own time like that just to get banned again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 1
  • Awesome! 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

1 hour ago, Welshie said:

This is the issue, punishments do not have to be more reasonable! If you have been Perma'd for history you should stay perma'd because you have proven you can't abide by the community rules.

This spits on the Values of the community completely, this will push people to use convoy mode to avoid the trolls that already plague the servers.

Your absolutely right, Reporting is not a competition, but when we have so much evidence of trolls to report surely making punishments more reasonable and letting perma'd players back into the servers is counter productive?

Im seeing a lot of the players who have been around for 4/5 years agreeing on this, you are pushing away your core player base with this move.

People who purposely troll or break the rules shouldn't be on the network; that is a fact - however, many people who were previously banned due to history were banned due to them simply making one too many mistakes

Should a person troll, they'll still be banned, just not for a permanent period; however, they'll still receive a decent length ban.

If anything, this new rule allows the people who previously broke the rules to have another chance to prove they've changed their driving ability, and if they haven't, they'll be repeatedly banned.  

So one thing i can tell you, is that the rule has not been changed because of any player count. People will still be banned permanently for hacking and ban evading. Nothing has changed there. But the main reason for changing the history ban is that people change. I know there is a lot of people that will be bad drivers and within a short time end up with 5 bans and be permanently banned, but then a year later they might have gotten older and wiser and so would want to drive normally and just enjoy the server without ruining it for everyone else. But with the old rules they cant. And so instead of a permanent ban, they now get 3 months, and then after 3 months its another 3 months if you still brake the rules, at some point you would imagine that they would be tired of being banned 3 months and then actually start following the rules. Essentially that as long as they dont ban evade or hack the game, they have a chance of changing their ways. Which i think is a fair way of doing it. I know that some think that 5 chances should be enough for people to learn their ways and if they cant, then a permanent ban is what they deserve, but most people change over time, and banning someone forever because they did dumb stuff when they where younger, is a little much. I have been here almost 4 years as a moderator and in that time i have permanently banned quite a few people due to history. And are you telling me that people dont change in 4 years? I believe they do. And there is quite a lot of people who have been banned that long who i am sure regret what they did and would like to just drive normally now.  So i welcome the change. It has nothing to do with player count, but more to do with that we believe that people can change.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1
  • True Story 1
  • Awesome! 1

I find this very strange.

First tightening the rules a few years back due to extreme load on the report system caused mostly by trolls and repeat offenders, which probably contributed to decrease in player count, among other factors.

Then we get presented with the diagram showing the server activity steadily decreasing in the last year.

And now this.

So, you think they deserve another chance, after given many more before and blowing it over an over again?

Anyone who has been banned due to history over a year ago will return with clean sheet and can start racking up bans again, no trial period, no public history, so that you know who you are dealing with.

Fine by me, it will not be my duty to deal with them, should this turn into a flop.

Sure, people can change, but I don't share your optimism, or maybe I am just too old to remember being young and stupid.

What is considered "normal driving" is also subject of opinion and this opinion can be very variable among the communinty.

My opinion is that there are many people still driving in a manner that I don't consider to be normal and this used to be far worse.

I sincerely wish that you are doing the right thing, though I will likely not take part in this experiment and take a several months vacation from the servers voluntarily and I hope that another neat diagram next year will prove your point.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mdshahid6540 said:

So to play this game in TMP, I should technically change my ip. and generally ip comes with computer's specific parts. To play this game in TMP, I have to change that. Dude, I am sorry. I can not agree at all..

I mentioned above that it's not bad, but that's very relative, if the person really intends to troll, but it's a discussion with a very long course. I think that if the person took all those punishments and still got Permanente, it's because they don't deserve to be playing among the other players or have a very fertile mentality to follow the proper rules.

1 hour ago, Mr. sDev said:

I mentioned above that it's not bad, but that's very relative, if the person really intends to troll, but it's a discussion with a very long course. I think that if the person took all those punishments and still got Permanente, it's because they don't deserve to be playing among the other players or have a very fertile mentality to follow the proper rules.

Sorry I couldnt connect with your reply on my reply to someone else..Actually you can view my previous replies. ? 

8 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

Our experience tells otherwise; it's not that black and white. It is not our intention to "bring trolls back". Rather, we have revised our banning structure to enforce more reasonable punishments with the values of the community in mind. We still have the means to remove players whose sole purpose it is to cause harm to other players.

I would like to stress that reporting players is not a competition; instead, it is a tool to notify our Game Moderation team about troubled players that do not play according to the rules and negatively affect your gameplay. As mentioned above, if users play on our servers with the sole purpose to cause harm to others, then we have the means to remove them. The new rule change, however, covers players that do accumulate multiple bans within a relatively short time frame (which are not necessarily caused by intent) and provides them a chance to improve in the future instead of straight removing them from the platform forever. Removing players forever is an extreme punishment and should only be issued when necessary, but not as an automatic consequence of having n amount of active bans, considering that the context of bans may differ considerably. It is the nature of the offences, not just the number of bans, that matter to us to decide whether a user does not deserve another chance.

Albeit understanding that it may seem that way, I can assure you that this is not the case. I hope I have explained it in a way that you understand our reasoning behind this update. We are aware that the number of consecutive players has dropped, which coincided with the release of Convoy Mode. In a recent blog, we also highlighted this and described some of our plans for the future. While Convoy Mode allows you to play however you like with other friends, our servers enable thousands players from all over the world to play together in an exclusive online environment; we aim to extend that experience in the future by incorporating additional exclusive features that the base game won't offer you. This rule change is not part of some shady plan. In fact, we expect most players that have had their ban inactivated by the unban wave have probably left our community already and will only find out they have been unbanned in case they decide to return one day. Moreover, this change has been on our agenda since September 2021. If we were truly that desperate, we could have easily implemented this change a long time ago.

I hope this clarifies some of the concerns that were raised.

Thanks someone mentioned this elsewhere but they arent scared of losing their accounts. I do understand ban evasion was a significant issue but I would say now they know they will go back on the network in 3months what’s the point. 

I’m completely happy to welcome the people who have made prior mistakes and have learnt. I

As much as the intent isn’t to let all the trolls flood In as you’ll understand it lets the ones who didn’t mature back in and are there to cause trouble. Also as people have said “admins can’t be everywhere”which means they can still be a disturbance.

Someone mentioned on the forum post that maybe 6-12 months is more suitable it still gives the good ones a chance but the trolls stay off for a lot longer meaning there

aren’t as many at one time.

Thanks for reading

13 hours ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

Not a fan, 3 month bans for consistent rule breaking. People who actually enjoy playing feared getting bans especially a permanent as that was it, now it's just liquified to 3 months then you're back. Also you should work on your "automated" system of ban evaders as there is still one I know of who has been on their new account for nearly a week now after a permanent ban and all they changed was 1 letter in their name. If 1 letter change can fool your system then it needs improving.

Keep in mind we have ways of stopping users that are here with the sole purpose of trolling, if you check the rules there's precedent for 2.8 to be overruled. This change will allow users who actually have learned from their mistakes to get an additional chance to improve their behaviour, this is something that was carefully thought out and we will be closely monitoring how it goes on

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
5 minutes ago, Azuly said:

Keep in mind we have ways of stopping users that are here with the sole purpose of trolling, if you check the rules there's precedent for 2.8 to be overruled. This change will allow users who actually have learned from their mistakes to get an additional chance to improve their behaviour, this is something that was carefully thought out and we will be closely monitoring how it goes on

As I've stated Azuly, your current system to "detect" ban evaders needs alot of work and the system of "You're not allowed to report them for ban evading" is flawed. That is a major thing and doesn't give me the vote of confidence of this idea of letting them back after 90 days if you can't even detect a user with 1 letter name change. They broke the rules multiple times and with the fear of having a permanent ban makes you be more careful but now I've seen a lot in game chat not worried about it now as they have that continual lifeline.

I'm not seeing what's the real issue here? I do believe that some of you believe that this rule change might invite more trollers or trolls might just find a way to pass and keep on trolling but you're all missing one thing, which is, if they're breaching rules, they will anyway be banned due to history. The only major change here is that, instead of being banned permanent due to history, each and every banned after the first 4 bans will now be 90 days banned, and If someone really wishes to change, they will definitely behave after their first 90 days ban, however, If that someone is still repeating the rule violations, there are ways where such players' can be punished however, I doubt people have soo much patience or time in first place to get unbanned just so that they can breach the rules again and get themselves banned.

I used to be GM long back and trust me, I have seen players' who always used to request for the last chance and asked If there's a way where they can be forgiven and such permanent banned can be lifted up so that they can get chance to show they have improved and are now more civil and now seeing that such players' can now be given chance to show how well they've got themselves improved, I see no harm in this change and moreover, If management feels that in future that this change wasn't appropriate, they will definitely tweak it again.

If you ask me, I believe we all should appreciate the changes the GMM team is bringing to the mode and anyways, violations such as hacking or ban evading or something which are more severe are and will always result in Permanent banned, so yes, shouldn't really matter much but rather, we all should be happy that TMP is now giving more chances to the players' even after they've been banned permanent due to history of repeat violations ?

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

After reading the new inputs from people (especially staff) I realise there is 1 thing that could justify removing permanent ban in some very specific scenario: an accumulation of "mistakes" ban. You could argue the fact that after 2-3 bans it's still a mistake! Don't forget that many people also get simply kicked when they do a mistake. So in total that's A LOT of mistakes ?

So for this very specific scenario you could setup some "ban expiry" which says that after 1 year old the ban isn't counted towards the permanent ban decision. Something like that.

BUT you still need a permanent ban for people who keep getting banned in a short period of time. These people are intentionally playing with the rules and simply try to do the bad boys without getting catch by the police!

And I'm sorry, even after 90 days these people won't change.

One final thing that bothers me the most here is that we are trying to help/be friendly with people who are breaking regularly the rules. But how about helping the friendly/nice players who play correctly the game in a respectful way? Do we try to improve their experience? The only thing I see here is that inevitably you will have more bad players coming back! Maybe some will start playing correctly but inevitably you will have ones doing stupid things again. So the experience for nice players will degrade!

And that's a SHAME! ?

11 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

People who purposely troll or break the rules shouldn't be on the network; that is a fact - however, many people who were previously banned due to history were banned due to them simply making one too many mistakes

Should a person troll, they'll still be banned, just not for a permanent period; however, they'll still receive a decent length ban.

If anything, this new rule allows the people who previously broke the rules to have another chance to prove they've changed their driving ability, and if they haven't, they'll be repeatedly banned.  

If genuine users are repeatedly making mistakes then I can see the benefit of allowing them back.

but to be making the same mistakes 5+ times over, they are clearly either ignoring or are unaware of the rules and have made no attempt to improve themselves.

the vast majority of those who have been banned 5+ times are trolls and deserve to not be able to play on TMP Servers. 

2 hours ago, Nody said:

The only major change here is that, instead of being banned permanent due to history, each and every banned after the first 4 bans will now be 90 days banned, and If someone really wishes to change, they will definitely behave after their first 90 days ban, however, If that someone is still repeating the rule violations, there are ways where such players' can be punished however, I doubt people have soo much patience or time in first place to get unbanned just so that they can breach the rules again and get themselves banned.

I've seen a few staff members saying in this thread that the change could be overruled for obvious bad-intentioned players, and that's absolutely a good sign, but I think that what a lot of people seem to be taking issue with (myself included) is that this isn't really very well explained in the rules/update post. It simply states that subsequent bans will be 90 days and leaves it at that, with other options explained in other parts of the rules. If there was a clarification that people obviously playing with bad intentions may still be permanently banned it would ease a lot of concern that we're just going to see trolls coming back time and time again.

My initial response to this was incredibly negative, and I'm still quite concerned, but it is massively reassuring to see so many moderators stating that it can be overruled. I just hope that mods/staff aren't afraid to still issue a permanent ban when it seems appropriate. With fewer and fewer players it will only become more noticeable when those truckers you do come across are acting in bad faith.

5 minutes ago, Constable B said:

I've seen a few staff members saying in this thread that the change could be overruled for obvious bad-intentioned players, and that's absolutely a good sign, but I think that what a lot of people seem to be taking issue with (myself included) is that this isn't really very well explained in the rules/update post. It simply states that subsequent bans will be 90 days and leaves it at that, with other options explained in other parts of the rules. If there was a clarification that people obviously playing with bad intentions may still be permanently banned it would ease a lot of concern that we're just going to see trolls coming back time and time again.

My initial response to this was incredibly negative, and I'm still quite concerned, but it is massively reassuring to see so many moderators stating that it can be overruled. I just hope that mods/staff aren't afraid to still issue a permanent ban when it seems appropriate. With fewer and fewer players it will only become more noticeable when those truckers you do come across are acting in bad faith.

Those statements refer just for 2.8. As in, subsequent bans under 2.8 only. It can appear like a loop, but if other factors do become involved, other rules such as 2.9 can step in, as Jeronimo had said. Upon reading those rules, it still states that such measures can be implemented at any time, if deemed necessary.

• Upvote 3