May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

Who will benefit from this rule change will be the trolls who inflicted the same in the past and today earn the right to do it all over again. Whoever broke the rules and was banned perma, will hardly come back with the intention of having fun and respecting the fun of other players. This change is definitely an attempt to refill the servers as they were in the past. 

• Upvote 2

Even if some are banned just because they made a mistake or broke a rule, they might be given another chance. However, I don't think the current rule 2.9 is applied. Anyone who logs into servers with the sole intent of breaking the rules should be permanently banned in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, MiiTyCo said:

Who will benefit from this rule change will be the trolls who inflicted the same in the past and today earn the right to do it all over again. Whoever broke the rules and was banned perma, will hardly come back with the intention of having fun and respecting the fun of other players. This change is definitely an attempt to refill the servers as they were in the past. 

But I have a bad feeling that more trolls will be on the server because they don’t change. Let’s take a look at it because it’s always a feeling

I think this change has advantages and disadvantages, and it can make more players return. However, this change will make more devil drivers appear. Let's wait and see in the next few weeks.?

I hope Truckersmp will do better and better.❤️

43 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

Keep in mind that 3 months is a considerable amount of time to deny access to a game server. It is a heavy punishment that discourages repeat offenders while allowing them to improve their behaviour in the long term. Thanks to the efficiency of our report system, repeat offenders are often quickly caught before they can cause further harm to others. Additionally, if a user is truly unfit to play the game on our servers, durations may be overruled through the enforcement of rule §2.9 or §5.2. Moreover, our experience in player management has taught us that some players do indeed change their behaviour over time. 

The issue is some simply wont improve their behaviour because they simply dont care, you've stated the issue yourself by saying "some" as i've highlighted in your reply.

You are simply wrong.

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

Keep in mind that 3 months is a considerable amount of time to deny access to a game server. It is a heavy punishment that discourages repeat offenders while allowing them to improve their behaviour in the long term. Thanks to the efficiency of our report system, repeat offenders are often quickly caught before they can cause further harm to others. Additionally, if a user is truly unfit to play the game on our servers, durations may be overruled through the enforcement of rule §2.9 or §5.2. Moreover, our experience in player management has taught us that some players do indeed change their behaviour over time. 

But we look at the 5 bans before they clearly dont care its just a cycle and some just cant be thrown off.Just seems like its useless to let trolls back

1-) There was basically no need to remove permanent ban. You could still add that as a 6th and 7th ban. That way, people can still say "Yep, I need to focus myself on school/work, 3 months ban will be actually helpfull for my life" and return and keep going where they left off.

"3 months is a long period"

What? Did I really read that?

Yeah, it's a long time. If your life has no purpose and you're 7/24 playing the game....

This makes reporting is no longer a useful tool. No one will bother to report users since there is no point. There is no endgame. Why would people waste their time anymore reporting? It'snot like you'll get rid of them eventually.

Moderators will be wasting their time over and over again with thousands of trolls who they will have to deal with again  every 3 months.

You basically removed "life sentence" and you will overload reporting system and will be wasting players & moderators time with no purpose. Now all trolls have no fear losing their acc forever. It's a free  real estate.

I've reported 1k+ people in 1 year time and I can say, %95 of them were glad and were mocking after what they did. 

Anyway, I feel sorry moderators who think their work on reviewing reports mean something anymore. It won't.

I've left ETS. Cruising in ATS and really enjoying the game. 

And this rule change is basically cover for bringing players back to TMP. I saw player numbers like %50 low compared to last time I played. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

There are two sides to the rule changes
Pros: It gives the palyers who have screwed up a second chance also boosts player base and it does give them time to re habilitate and get to learn that rules are rules
Cons: The people who are there just to be annoying arent just going to get cancelled and perm banned.These people with commitment will just keep causing issues and being mayhem as much as 90 days is a very long time these people who have been perm for months dont really care. Also if more trolls are on admins cant get to reports thinking they can be a nuisance till an admin shows or they get report banned which is day usually

On a general note these rule changes do mean its a long ban but definatly admins need to be present a lot and reports/ban evading really needs to be cracking to make sure these guys get thrown right back off.I have hope but if it can work effectively im all in but if admins cant get to it then the roads of tmp are just going to be made worse. 

Also if this just make the servers horrible and not enjoyable maybe make the next ban for people with 5 active bans a perm to get them off again.Still gives them a chance but trolls are gone quicker and would bring calm.
Tmp is a fun place to be but we all want it to be fun and if it is troll galore people will leave and tbh i would consider it as well.

Thats my opinion 
Flight

• Upvote 1

Guest DBus_David.

hello?

That's good decision taken by staff player can learn from the mistake and i hope they will obey the rules and take it seriously.

Greeting:

Death knight

As I had experience in TruckersMP before, I wanna say, it doesn’t matter whether you ban the trolls/bugs for 3 months or permanent, they will always come back with a new id. So its not a good urguement to be honest. But it gives improved players a chance. They can come back. If anyone is not willing to maintain the rules or he is just a troller, permanent ban will not also stop them. So peace. Give everyone a chance. Let them play TruckersMP and let them have fun. ✌️ thank you GP,PC and related everyone for reaching to this decision. I welcome the new rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Awesome! 1

30 minutes ago, mdshahid6540 said:

As I had experience in TruckersMP before, I wanna say, it doesn’t matter whether you ban the trolls/bugs for 3 months or permanent, they will always come back with a new id. So its not a good urguement to be honest. But it gives improved players a chance. They can come back. If anyone is not willing to maintain the rules or he is just a troller, permanent ban will not also stop them. So peace. Give everyone a chance. Let them play TruckersMP and let them have fun. ✌️ thank you GP,PC and related everyone for reaching to this decision. I welcome the new rules.

they all get banned then for ban evading but now they juust come back with no further sanction after 90 days

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

So if TMP are being lenient and softer on people who continually break rules who eventually got a Permaban to give them 3 months time off to wreak havoc again, 3 month break, wreak havoc, rinse and repeat.

BUT

Since you are relaxing the criteria for "Permanent bans" does this mean you will relax the criteria to become staff? I mean, you're welcoming back the trolls and reckless drivers so might aswell give them the olive branch to become staff?

In a way I do like this change but at the same time it's not good and could be adjusted for sure.

It's good because there's some people in the community that have been around for 5-6+ years and may have a few bans from some mistakes they occasionally made in the past but they do their best to be a good player. It's good to know older players will have some leniency if they're on their 4th ban. I personally have 3 bans on my record over the past 4.5 years of playing TMP, only 1 for a driving related offense and 2 are chat related (profanity), that is something that would be nice to have changed to mutes instead but not gonna go into that.

At the same time for the people who are actually bad players and intentionally drive recklessly (constantly overtaking on CD road is the most common rule breaking you will see) only get a 90 day ban that is never increased, the threat of a permaban didn't prevent many trolls from being intentionally reckless so a 90 day ban will definitely make that worse. Not sure what can be done about that because at the same time this is good for older players who typically drive more safely but inevitably they will make mistakes sometimes.

Maybe ban lengths or whether someone deserves a ban at all should be determined on whether it was on purpose or not. And if it's determined it wasn't on purpose (such as equipment malfunction, they were driving a reasonable speed, driving normally before the accident, etc.) the next ban they get the length should not be increased or just have a lesser cooldown period until it won't get stepped up (perhaps from 1 year to 180 days). Also if you don't get any punishments in 2-2.5 years, you should go down a punishment tier. 

• Business Analyst
1 hour ago, Welshie said:

The issue is some simply wont improve their behaviour because they simply dont care, you've stated the issue yourself by saying "some" as i've highlighted in your reply. You are simply wrong.

1 hour ago, FlightFan said:

But we look at the 5 bans before they clearly dont care its just a cycle and some just cant be thrown off.Just seems like its useless to let trolls back

Our experience tells otherwise; it's not that black and white. It is not our intention to "bring trolls back". Rather, we have revised our banning structure to enforce more reasonable punishments with the values of the community in mind. We still have the means to remove players whose sole purpose it is to cause harm to other players.

1 hour ago, notevenlovecansaveyou said:

This makes reporting is no longer a useful tool. No one will bother to report users since there is no point. There is no endgame. Why would people waste their time anymore reporting? It'snot like you'll get rid of them eventually.

Moderators will be wasting their time over and over again with thousands of trolls who they will have to deal with again  every 3 months.

You basically removed "life sentence" and you will overload reporting system and will be wasting players & moderators time with no purpose. Now all trolls have no fear losing their acc forever. It's a free  real estate.

I've reported 1k+ people in 1 year time and I can say, %95 of them were glad and were mocking after what they did. 

I would like to stress that reporting players is not a competition; instead, it is a tool to notify our Game Moderation team about troubled players that do not play according to the rules and negatively affect your gameplay. As mentioned above, if users play on our servers with the sole purpose to cause harm to others, then we have the means to remove them. The new rule change, however, covers players that do accumulate multiple bans within a relatively short time frame (which are not necessarily caused by intent) and provides them a chance to improve in the future instead of straight removing them from the platform forever. Removing players forever is an extreme punishment and should only be issued when necessary, but not as an automatic consequence of having n amount of active bans, considering that the context of bans may differ considerably. It is the nature of the offences, not just the number of bans, that matter to us to decide whether a user does not deserve another chance.

1 hour ago, notevenlovecansaveyou said:

And this rule change is basically cover for bringing players back to TMP. I saw player numbers like %50 low compared to last time I played. 

Albeit understanding that it may seem that way, I can assure you that this is not the case. I hope I have explained it in a way that you understand our reasoning behind this update. We are aware that the number of consecutive players has dropped, which coincided with the release of Convoy Mode. In a recent blog, we also highlighted this and described some of our plans for the future. While Convoy Mode allows you to play however you like with other friends, our servers enable thousands players from all over the world to play together in an exclusive online environment; we aim to extend that experience in the future by incorporating additional exclusive features that the base game won't offer you. This rule change is not part of some shady plan. In fact, we expect most players that have had their ban inactivated by the unban wave have probably left our community already and will only find out they have been unbanned in case they decide to return one day. Moreover, this change has been on our agenda since September 2021. If we were truly that desperate, we could have easily implemented this change a long time ago.

I hope this clarifies some of the concerns that were raised.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Awesome! 1

As somebody who has been playing since 2014 I will say this might be the most horrible decision TMP has ever made. Yes, I'm sure there is a handfull of players who have learned from their mistakes and will drive safely now but is it really worth it when the majority of permanently banned players are nothing but trolls or just can't drive at all? If they really want to play, they can change their IP and buy the game again. My feeling is you guys are trying to come up with a solution to the fact that player numbers dropped by like half since peak times and you want to pump the numbers back up a bit this way but maybe it's just my feeling.

I'll be honest, I'm not the most rule-abiding player myself but at least the possibility of a permanent ban has made me control myself every time a player has gotten on my nerves and I wanted to take revenge. So much so that after all this time I only have one driving related ban in my history. Now I guess I'll go ahead and ram the next Russian with a Z in his tag or something idk.

• Like 1

I personally feel this change can be partially detrimental to the multiplayer mod. I do agree that perma-bans due to history can be unreasonable but then I feel the time frame for this is too short for individuals to continue trolling in the mod. With this short time-frame, wouldn't this still encourage people to troll after 3 months?

In this post, it was mentioned that the team were aware of the trolling problems in TMP. Surely this change wouldn't do much to address this issue TMP is facing.

And with that said, I personally think this change is okay but the ban length should be longer by maybe 6-12 months. Maybe I might throw this in as a suggestion later on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

banner

8 minutes ago, ash.pptx said:

I personally feel this change can be partially detrimental to the multiplayer mod. I do agree that perma-bans due to history can be unreasonable but then I feel the time frame for this is too short for individuals to continue trolling in the mod. With this short time-frame, wouldn't this still encourage people to troll after 3 months?

In this post, it was mentioned that the team were aware of the trolling problems in TMP. Surely this change wouldn't do much to address this issue TMP is facing.

And with that said, I personally think this change is okay but the ban length should be longer by maybe 6-12 months. Maybe I might throw this in as a suggestion later on.

As a 6th ban a 1 year ban could be good, but I think whether someone did it on purpose should be considered too because some people make actual mistakes occasionally, like I said in my reply above.

1 hour ago, FlightFan said:

they all get banned then for ban evading but now they juust come back with no further sanction after 90 days

For all of these years, there was perma but did you get rid all of them? no. and you never will. But only good people will be sufferer who are willing to change themselves but they can not play tmp just because of their past mistakes. So chill ! try to explore other areas in  the game. Join vtcs play together. You will find trolls only in CD road. I have been playing this game from jan,2018/. I never met any trolls out side of CD.  So I guess it is better to enjoy the games in a different perspective.Also if you can only meet such  a person only 4 times in a year since they have more bans than 4 .