May 2022 TruckersMP Rules Update

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Not a fan, 3 month bans for consistent rule breaking. People who actually enjoy playing feared getting bans especially a permanent as that was it, now it's just liquified to 3 months then you're back. Also you should work on your "automated" system of ban evaders as there is still one I know of who has been on their new account for nearly a week now after a permanent ban and all they changed was 1 letter in their name. If 1 letter change can fool your system then it needs improving.

I hope Truckersmp can change the rules for circumventing the ban. If I'm permanently banned, will I never get a chance to play again in my life?

Well, it seems to be all right. It's hard to say, we'll have to wait some time and see what changes in general. But it's not bad.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The only good thing I see in this change is that now there's no "5th ban in a year will be permanent", so people who have been banned 4 times won't be as scared as before, so there's a bigger chance that they will get the 3 months "vacation". Less trolls in the servers in the mid/long term, as long as the ban-evaders "radar" works correctly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

So, this essentially means that someone can get banned as many times as they like and it'll never become permanent. Just extensions of 90 days every time they break rules again? If someone is breaking the rules so frequently as to get banned 5 times within a year then do they not deserve a permanent ban? They're directly impacting rule-abiding players' experience just because they can't adhere to the very common sense rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the information. At a first look, I had some doubts about whether certain rule breakers can be rehabilitated or not. Some of them never deserve to be back on the servers. A majority of them are willing to learn from their mistakes and improve their behavior. The changes to rule 2.8 are not bad at all. 90 days = 3 months - still a pretty long period of time. Every change is meant to improve the player's experience in the game. Only time will tell if it has a benefit and I frankly believe that it would have in the long-term. As FlightFan said, the next few weeks are essential. I hope that no one will abuse this (the ban evading system should be set in full-force) and hope that every player will respect the TMP rules they agreed to. ?

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

• Business Analyst
19 minutes ago, Constable B said:

So, this essentially means that someone can get banned as many times as they like and it'll never become permanent. Just extensions of 90 days every time they break rules again? If someone is breaking the rules so frequently as to get banned 5 times within a year then do they not deserve a permanent ban? They're directly impacting rule-abiding players' experience just because they can't adhere to the very common sense rules.

42 minutes ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

Not a fan, 3 month bans for consistent rule breaking. People who actually enjoy playing feared getting bans especially a permanent as that was it, now it's just liquified to 3 months then you're back.

Keep in mind that 3 months is a considerable amount of time to deny access to a game server. It is a heavy punishment that discourages repeat offenders while allowing them to improve their behaviour in the long term. Thanks to the efficiency of our report system, repeat offenders are often quickly caught before they can cause further harm to others. Additionally, if a user is truly unfit to play the game on our servers, durations may be overruled through the enforcement of rule §2.9 or §5.2. Moreover, our experience in player management has taught us that some players do indeed change their behaviour over time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • HaulieCry 2

Great idea :HaulieLove: Hope, that all are going to follow the new rules from now. Some members may be glad they got that chance

Keep trucking and be carefull! 

Have a nice day 

RedWolf

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

I want to be honest: I think that it is a good opportunity for perma banned people because of their active bans to prove that they have changed. However I have a bad feeling that more trolls will be on the server because they don’t change. :HaulieSus:

Let‘s see how it will be since that is always a feeling :HaulieLove:

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png