Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

if TruckersMP didn't exist would you still play ETS2?

!drkYVZ

If TruckersMP didn't exist would you still play ETS2?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. if TruckersMP didn't exist would you still play ETS2?

• Yes definitely.
    • I used to play with my friends from time to time.
    • I definitely wouldn't play.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/22 at 08:00 AM

If it wasn't for TruckersMP, I would rarely play ETS2.

Because in TruckersMP we meet different people every day and their servers are crowded. TruckersMP offers a very different gaming experience.
Thanks TruckersMP!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

6 minutes ago, Chinese good drivers said:

If TruckersMP really doesn't exist, it means I'll have fewer friends to meet in the future. I'd still like to thank TruckersMP! :tmp:

Thank you for your reply, I agree with everything you said. Thank you TruckersMP!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

12 minutes ago, tattytate said:

I would have said no . But since convoy mode was added I’d still game on that if tmp was not around . 

I totally agree with what you said. Thanks for your answer!

2 hours ago, Chinese good drivers said:

If TruckersMP really doesn't exist, it means I'll have fewer friends to meet in the future. I'd still like to thank TruckersMP! :tmp:

I second this statement! I would have probably remained very lonely if TMP didn't exist, given that I didn't really have irl friends.

banner

7 minutes ago, Chinese good drivers said:

To be honest, I met a lot of friends from all over the world at TruckersMP ?

Me too. TruckersMP is like a bridge between us and the whole world. It allows us to make friends with the whole world.

Of course I would. I didn't know about any MP mod when I bought the game, so it can be said that my idea was always to play "solo". Then I discovered and joined the MP community, been playing with TruckersMP for more than 7 years, left some weeks ago because I wasn't enjoying it as much, so decided to take a break and spend time with other matters/games. I'd only launch ETS2 or ATS in case there's an event that I find interesting and not even this would be a guarantee that I'd use TruckersMP. Most of the latest World of Trucks events, I completed in single player.

I will play the game half as much at truckersmp I think, but I love the game and I will still play it even if truckersmp is closed, I love the world of truck events, the dlcs are always great, there is no game that's up to the job of replacing it and the studio that made the game is keeping it alive is amazing.
This year the dlc heart of russia will not come out and will create a weariness fortunately the reconstruction of austria will give a little something to be patient.

In the past, playing ETS2 for me meant playing TMP. But to be honest, ever since the release of Convoy Mode, ETS2 looks better & better while at the same time all TMP's flaws have surfaced.

When TMP used to be the only multiplayer mod available, it was easy to overlook all its flaws (no mods, no rain-sync, lag, no server-side economy, speed limit) and enjoy the multiplayer side of the game with your friends or alone. But now, Convoy mode looks better & better. There is a hack in ETS2 where some people can host rooms with 32 players. I joined one room like that and it was a great experience. Traffic plus 15 trucks convoy was awesome. I honestly think that when SCS add official support for 32/64 player rooms, i won't be returning to TMP

Back to 2016, i played the crack version and spent a lot of time on mods stuffs. Until 2020, i bought the game and started to play multiplayer. Its really fun to meet others players from all around the world. Since then, i realize offline mods are fun but the time passing by, u will get bored of doing again and again things. Multiplayer doesnt, its unpredictable because everything can be happened. Players are not AI, they can do whatever they want, making convoy, real operation, even TMP anniversary and lots of fun event. So if TMP didnt exist, i wouldnt buy ETS2 either.

Question to your answer. Yes I would probably still play the game just not as much as I do now as I like driving with my community and VTC on top of that I enjoy all the Convoys/events that I go to. 

Without a multiplayer application I probably wouldn't play as much as it would be a boring experience. ??

On 5/5/2022 at 4:51 PM, Davina said:

Yes.

Thank you for your reply!

5 hours ago, [MCG] MemeBundy [VN] said:

Back to 2016, i played the crack version and spent a lot of time on mods stuffs. Until 2020, i bought the game and started to play multiplayer. Its really fun to meet others players from all around the world. Since then, i realize offline mods are fun but the time passing by, u will get bored of doing again and again things. Multiplayer doesnt, its unpredictable because everything can be happened. Players are not AI, they can do whatever they want, making convoy, real operation, even TMP anniversary and lots of fun event. So if TMP didnt exist, i wouldnt buy ETS2 either.

28 minutes ago, Frank hughes said:

Question to your answer. Yes I would probably still play the game just not as much as I do now as I like driving with my community and VTC on top of that I enjoy all the Convoys/events that I go to. 

Without a multiplayer application I probably wouldn't play as much as it would be a boring experience. ??

12 minutes ago, schneeanzug said:

I would not. I play only on tmp even when i drive alone.  ai cars bore me.

52 minutes ago, Signore Luca said:

I would still continue to play because every update to ETS2 enriches the game  even more and the mods that come with it are very good. At the same time, I uesd to play the official multiplayer of SCS

Back when ETS2 was released, before TMP, there was no other option but singleplayer, if TMP wouldn't be released, I wouldn't play the game for more than 2 years, because of TMP I stayed around, because of TMP, ETS2 is my most played game on steam. There was a time when I really didn't like singleplayer, so I played TMP, the hell a lot of it, now for the last 2 or 3 years, the game has gotten so much better that I started to like SP, not as much as TMP, but enough to play every open beta. So, yea, I dont know, I'd probably leave the game long time ago if there'd be no TMP. For example, I really like ATS, but SP is not enough to make me come back everyday, ATS multiplayer is pretty much SP without traffic which doesn't really work as well, so the game itself just doesn't do it for me.

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Yes I'd still play 100%. The AI isn't great but it gives that option to drive realistic more and there are thousands of mods out there to keep your gameplay fresh if playing singleplayer, so if TMP didn't exist there's no huge loss and the game will most certainly continue going strong (And even without SCSMP).

10 hours ago, TotaI said:

Yes. I played the official game for many years. But the time I spent in the game was short and there weren't any major updates at that time. With TruckersMP, you don't just drive trucks. I think that's the main difference.

Thank you for your reply! Have a great day!

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The main difference is that with TruckersMP you play among human players instead of NPC vehicles. In single player you can use whatever vehicle you want using mods. Cars, trucks, ambulances, buses... There was even a mod that allowed to ride a motorcycle, IIRC.

7 hours ago, antrax737 said:

Back when ETS2 was released, before TMP, there was no other option but singleplayer, if TMP wouldn't be released, I wouldn't play the game for more than 2 years, because of TMP I stayed around, because of TMP, ETS2 is my most played game on steam. There was a time when I really didn't like singleplayer, so I played TMP, the hell a lot of it, now for the last 2 or 3 years, the game has gotten so much better that I started to like SP, not as much as TMP, but enough to play every open beta. So, yea, I dont know, I'd probably leave the game long time ago if there'd be no TMP. For example, I really like ATS, but SP is not enough to make me come back everyday, ATS multiplayer is pretty much SP without traffic which doesn't really work as well, so the game itself just doesn't do it for me.

1 hour ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

Yes I'd still play 100%. The AI isn't great but it gives that option to drive realistic more and there are thousands of mods out there to keep your gameplay fresh if playing singleplayer, so if TMP didn't exist there's no huge loss and the game will most certainly continue going strong (And even without SCSMP).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived