When do you think it is acceptable to report a player in TruckersMP?

ash.exe

I usually will only consider reporting a player to the mods if their actions are being a nuisance to other players whether it be they are intentionally trolling or if they are being extremely disrespectful to members of the community. Sadly I used to have the mindset of reporting players for mistakes ages ago but I have learnt that if you are going to punish someone for a genuine mistake, they will not learn from their mistake until someone explains to them what they could have done differently. The reason I've started this topic is because I find it quite annoying when individuals only play the mod to report players or individuals that say "rec ban" as these don't help the situation and only fill up the reports list.

I like to find out from you, when do you think it is acceptable to report a player and why?

Please do not mistake this for a help topic as I created this to start a discussion. 

banner

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

If they have intentionally caused a scene (Ramming, Inappropriate overtaking, reckless behaviour etc) then I report it right away. If they say sorry but continue then I still report. If they are sincere then I won't.

I used to be in the mindset of "If I would've been banned if I did that" then I would most certainly file a report. But then when 95% of my reports would time out I stopped doing this method and just went to my first option and judge if it was an accident or not so I do less reports and wasting my time.

I usually don’t report smaller mistakes. I only report some major things where people do it intentionally. But if people apologise and I can see that they really are sorry for their mistakes, I don’t report them either because everyone does mistakes. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Honestly it depends on the person! Reports are there for when someone feels a violation has occurred. This means you get to decide where the line is when making calls on when to report someone. I usually look at the whole situation and see if it warrants a report. If someone is really breaking rules or being a troll then I'll for sure report on forums. 

If someone rams me and causing me to take a lot of damaged such as more then 15 percent and it was intentional, I clip it with Medal. You can always tell when they were just being reckless because they are constantly over the lines etc. I don't report people for by accidently clipping me or be accidently making me take damage. I mean it's a waste of time and it only ruins the other persons experience. It's a game at the end of the day, it shouldn't be taken to seriously. There should be a balance though, players who just want to ruin it for others shouldn't be allowed an account on TMP.

I report a lot of violations, usually major violations, including the user violating the wrong way rule. After all, they're breaking a rule, which might hurt other people if not me. It doesn't matter, they're breaking the rules even if they didn't do any harm. They have to accept the rules to be able to register/login. However, as there are reports piling up on the website right now, I prefern't to create too many reports as I don't like to wait. 

We have to follow the rules in the community, a person who is just starting the game generally thinks that our younger brothers ETS is an NFS game, and other master players warn them, this is quite normal, I think, but if he continues to repeat and recklessly drive other players in an uncomfortable way, despite the warnings, he will be exposed to constant warnings over and over. I see no problem.

As a moderator i give out bans for anything that violates the rules. It might be small things or big things. But anything that violates the rules. That might be someone overtaking a queue on a road with one lane in each direction or people overtaking on the grass or the emergency lane of a highway or someone hitting the back of someone else cause they braked hard, which might have been an accident, but if you had driven slower or kept better distance you would have had time to stop and wouldent have hit someone else in the back., the list is long for reasons to ban someone. I often say that if you have to say sorry to someone you did something you shouldent have. And if you get banned i suggest you look at the evidence and see what you did wrong, and then you learn from it.  So i say report people for braking the rules, accident or not. But it is of cause up to you, but if you dont report that person on the website, you risk them doing the same to someone else.

Really depends... what wrong did the other person do, how much it effected me, maybe also my mood. For example - I see A LOT of players going on red lights in the cities and i'm not talking about the times when it's only 2-3 players in the city, but more. I honestly want to report them everytime, especially sometimes when then get close to ram me, but I just ignore it, cuz i'm mostly sure they'll also be Declined, because it's probably just kickable, not for ban. Also I may avoid reporting IF I think it's not the person's fault. Example again - I'm driving towards 2 upcoming trucks, but the 1st of the upcoming trucks decide to troll or something and hardbrake, so the guy behind him instinctively turns left/right to avoid ramming the 1st guy. And IF he turns left and we ram, I most likely won't report him, but actually I may report the 1st guy for trolling. As I said it depends, sometimes I'm too lazy to do all the video cutting, uploading etc. i'm always recording while i'm driving, but sometimes.. I just swear & let it go.

I usually report the major violations, that directly or indirectly involve me. I usually avoid reporting things such as overtaking on the right in the grass, overtaking using the emergency lane or when a player is overtaking from the opposite side without seeing me, but once he notice me he throw himself on the grass avoiding the impact, even if this goes against the rules, it's not something that give me problems when i'm driving, well until it impact me in some ways, so at that point i would report it. 

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I don't report minor violations or honest mistakes because anything can happen, but deliberate ramming, blocking, etc or even due to negligence is something that cannot be ignored. So, it really depends whether it was intentional or unintentional in the first place. I report unintentional infractions if they could've been avoided. I had got a case when someone had rammed me in my back because I braked hard (he even kept a good distance - 2 trucks) but the accident didn't give me any damage and neither of the trucks got flipped over. It was only a "kiss", as I like to say it xD. Of course I didn't report it!

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

any violation of the rules.

Yes i make some exceptions for smaller things like little rear end collisions or little accident's where i don't get any or very little damage but if i take excessive amount of damage or end up on my side then the user will get reported. And not becuase i'm "one of those people" but becuase it's ruining my fun but also ruining my load for VTlog and anyone who uses VTlog know's you can't afford to have any or even a little bit of damage becuase i can ruin the hole thing.

So to answer your question anything at all that violates the rules. The rules are there to be followed and if someone even claim's to make a mistake by hitting you or going wrong way then that is no exception. They broke the rules and that's that simple

Again i'm not "one of those people" but i don't make many exceptions or just pretend it didn't happen

Well.. The good thing or not - I haven't reportend anyone ever yet (I tend to drive in not over-crowded places)
I tend to forgive small mistakes as far as it's acknowledged by the person who done them. I think it's mostly depends on situation. Yeah, rules are there to follow them (I follow the rules all the time too) but sometimes you can get distracted by whatever situation real world has for you and you can accidently do something wrong. As far as person genuinely apologizes for their mistake I see no reason to report them.

I always have my recording on when situation can get somewhat itchy (like insults, trolling, genuine ramming/blocking, cheating etc). Those are situations for which I'll report people 100%

spacer.png

• Community Moderation Manager

I think it sort of always is acceptable to report players who are violating the official set of rules, even if their actions are not on purpose. Though that doesn't mean I report each violator I spot. Usually, when users apologize for their (small) mistakes, I leave the situation as it is and do not report them, mainly because a (small) mistake always can happen and since they have admitted to being at fault, they probably will learn from it - even without receiving a punishment on their record.

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

If your driving in a way that increases the chances of wrecking my day or someone elses, and its against said server rules, i report. Especially on simulation servers. Seriously, race trucks can go to the arcade server, thats why its there...

If you have to force your way in or cause others to brake for you, thats your fault. Lag happens, and sometimes a mirror check doesnt render someone when pulling off the side of the road, accidents will happen. A sincere apology goes a long ways in my book though, as long as you aren't being wreckless and clueless to start ?

Back in my time as a player, I used to only report users that clearly caused harm intentionally. Smaller mistakes were usually not reported as my goal was not to get every user banned for the slightest mistake. Now, however, I have the job of making sure users follow the rules, no matter the situation. 

When I report a player, it can't be immediately due to the intensity of the moderators, but I still wait patiently. Althought  I don't report as much as I used to, sometimes I ignore small events because after all, it's a game and anything can happen to a person at the computer, the keyboard may not work, the control maybe broken etc..But if I see a few troll players, I'll report it immediately. I feel proud to report and support Truckersmp because some players unfortunately enter directly without reading the rules so they can review the rules carefully again ??

What I want to say is that BAN IS BEST WAY FOR SOME OF THE BAD PLAYERS TO LEARN DRIVE. They will get warned by the ban and at least watch the evident video and know what the fault it is.

If you drive at C-D road everyday you will see all the bad drivers.

My rule for report is that if you break the rule deliberately I will report EVEN IF it didn't heart me at all (such as overtake a jam from the left lane which is the opposite lane) and ignore the accident if it obviously unintended (such as out of lane and apologize for the accident or the small mistake such as make right turn without noticing the red light(You know in some country it's in fact legal)) even if it made me had to use F7.  If I can not tell it's on propose or unintended, the report depends on my damage.

In some case that a maybe new driver don't know how to deal with the situation I will text or speak in the radio (It is hard for a transfem to do so but I always try) and tell him what to do.

For me, if I encounter such a situation, if it is a small problem that has little impact on me, I will forgive me, but if him drive deliberately or recklessly, I will definitely report it. This kind of situation is in cd It is the most common on the road, I hope you drive carefully,

Kind regards,

Tonyyy

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

On 4/18/2022 at 3:08 AM, MrSirViking said:

As a moderator i give out bans for anything that violates the rules. It might be small things or big things. But anything that violates the rules. That might be someone overtaking a queue on a road with one lane in each direction or people overtaking on the grass or the emergency lane of a highway or someone hitting the back of someone else cause they braked hard, which might have been an accident, but if you had driven slower or kept better distance you would have had time to stop and wouldent have hit someone else in the back., the list is long for reasons to ban someone. I often say that if you have to say sorry to someone you did something you shouldent have. And if you get banned i suggest you look at the evidence and see what you did wrong, and then you learn from it.  So i say report people for braking the rules, accident or not. But it is of cause up to you, but if you dont report that person on the website, you risk them doing the same to someone else.

oof

Archived