Forum inactivity.

"RICKY"

Hello everybody. 

After a little investigation around the forum we noticed that many players on the forum haven't been to the forum for over 1 year.

this information is based on the last visit to the same and also taking into account the last publication. 

The issue will be that the forum members after some time should be removed from the forum.for inactivity????

what is your opinion? 

Some people take extended breaks. For example, I took a year break before I became staff. If my forum account was deleted, it’d make no sense at all as then that possibility has ended.

Plus, it’s the same with existing / ex staff members. If they decide to take some time away (due to personal reasons, IRL job reasons etc), and have no time for the forum or gaming anymore, it’d be unfair to get rid of their account. Especially if they may return after that time.

• Community Manager

Removing members accounts for inactivity would really not be a suitable option for TruckersMP because it would basically say we didn't appreciate their contribution at any point they were active. Any and all contributions, in any way on the communities side is very appreciated and we all try and show our appreciation. As James said, people do take extended breaks for their own reasons. TruckersMP is a gaming community. We understand that everyone in the community has a separate, in person life to cater to and it will always come before gaming and TruckersMP. 

Even I took a long break before I joined the staff team. Inactivity is normal in communities around the world, and shouldn't be punished by deletion of accounts.

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

I see no reason to delete "inactive" accounts. It's just how the forum / internet works. People move on, take long breaks or simply focus on other things, so one way or another they will "leave" one thing to do something else. Deleting their account(s) for inactivity brings no real benefits and would just cause trouble, so I'm not for doing this. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

I honestly don't think the Forums are the main aspect of TMP but an additional feature for people to enjoy full time, part time or just casually. I'm not the most active poster on the forums but I check in once or twice a week to see what's up etc.

If the forums were to disappear then it wouldn't be a major loss as the game won't really be affected as that's the core. But everyone has their preferences on if they want to contribute to the forums, contribute to the discord or none at all ?

Edit: 

Rank Progress

- Pink Ribbon - has earned 2 of 13 ranks, and is in the top 6% of all members!

6% isn't a lot but it doesn't effect the quality of the forums. Plus if "inactive" accounts were to be deleted then eventually it'll make the forums messy having old active topics potentially being posted by "Deleted User" etc. It would cause less hassle and no harm if inactive accounts stayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived