non of the available solutions fixed the fatal error

yes im here now

Question

hello everyon, i found a second way to fix that bug for those struggle so far with fixing it even after following up with the available solutions.

first of all try to go to the game files located in your game directory find and delete the bin file, after that go to steam and use verify game files and it should download it along the verification, i tried this after a lot of many fail tries in the last 4 days and it worked to stop the fatal crash while driving the truck,if the solution you looking for is not the game crashing while driving don't try it but you can take a chance and try your luck, i found this suggestion in a comment randomly and idk where is it anymore i was looking for it for few hours and i lost it completely.

if that doesn't work try to press f1 on your truckers mp launcher and click on install available updates it should fix any missing files or corrupted ones as i had to do that right after fixing my game keep that after you try the verification.

there is something else tho try while entering to the game to check if going to configer truck or trailler in ets 2 cause the game to fatal error as well after you finish that, for me i haven't find a way to fix it so hope if someone know how to let us know in a comment below, because these two are not related to each other it will keep happening even if you fix that crash while in game, for some reason i feel like the game files is the issue to this crash and not the launcher, so all we can do is keep trying to find a solution and submit it for the rest of players.

hope this helped...

7 answers to this question

Hello there!

Has your problem been solved by the answer(s) above?

Your confirmation helps to keep the forum organized!

Kind regards

@FreakyBodyX

TruckersMP Support

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

11 hours ago, Garrixon said:

If you're having any crashing issues with the game make sure that all C++ Redist packages, .NET Framework and all the drivers are always up to date. If issues still presist,
the easiest way to eliminate alot of possibilities is to fully uninstall the game and install it fresh. 

i tried that last night and installed it all over again, it did not solve the problem but instead now it's crashing without the fatal error this time when i go into truck configuration.

Hey @yes im here now,

Might you can try these steps. Maybe they help you:

Solution 1:

> Press the Windows key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard.

> Type "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotation marks).

> Search for the folder "TruckersMP" and delete this folder.

> Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder "TruckersMP Launcher".

> Go to our website and download the launcher again with administrator rights and install it https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 2:

You should start TruckersMP as administrator. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64).

> Go to your Steam App

> Go to library

> Go to ETS 2 / ATS

> Click on "Play".

> Select "Start with DirectX (64-bit)". Make sure you have selected 64 bit.

> Start ETS 2

> Select your profile and press "drive".

> Close ETS 2

> Start TruckersMP as administrator. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all times. Except that you change it again.

Solution 3:

> Update your graphics card driver.

> Be careful not to play in heavily frequented areas.

> Drag and drop your graphics settings.

> You may need a new profile, delete the old one and create a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure you have placed it correctly in the directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Do not use unsupported mods. Also, too many mods can cause your game to crash.

> File Documents/ETSMP Delete (Please save this file before deleting)

> This can be caused by a missing game file. Go to the Steam Library / Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local files / Check the integrity of the game files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

Kind regards, 
Sabbi.
TruckersMP Game Moderator + Trial Support

On 4/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, yes im here now said:

i tried that last night and installed it all over again, it did not solve the problem but instead now it's crashing without the fatal error this time when i go into truck configuration.

Hello,

To fix that issue, try validating your game files. (I did had such crash just once while in Duisburg, but just logged back in and the issue was gone, so I haven't been able to fully test solutions for the issue)

Here's how to validate your games files:

1. Open Steam
2. Go to Steam Library
3. Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator
4. Select 'Properties'
5. Go to 'Local Files' 
6. Hit 'Verify integrity of game files...'

7. Once done: In case it says that x amount of files will be downloaded, make sure all files have been downloaded and that no download for the game is waiting in Steam Downloads list ->
https://gyazo.com/cae128463aadf4a3e054b12eeacc1e89 )

8. Test to see whether your issue has been solved or not

I hope it helps ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello, 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply. 

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Kind Regards,

Lucas_xiaoZheng

TruckersMP Support 

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.
If you are still having issues related to TruckersMP, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,
Stubborn

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics