Multiple users playing on same PC with one user banned.

SkodaRS_Driver

Question

Hello, I got permanently banned with my friend just because i got banned for fourteen days and he was playing on the same PC! Also I would say that the rule &1.2 is illegal and nonsensical, because it’s completely arbitrary… You simply can’t really judge if someone is ban evading or someone else is just playing on the same PC… I thing this could be sued by a lawyer in the case… So of course I ask to be my account unbanned and in this case, I would also be happy if my friend gets unbanned from the permanent as well. This PC can be used by anyone that just wants to play ETS2 and here we go back to what I already stated before.

So of course i already appealed the ban and wrote to the support, but the replies was always the same useless.

So of course my question is: if the two accounts doesn't get unbanned, how the other users can safely continue to play without also getting permanently banned?

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Firstly, a rule is a rule. You must adhere to it like you must obey the laws of your specific state. Upon creating your TruckersMP account you had agreed with the set of rules. I understand your frustration but let's look objectively at the situation. We cannot act like vigilantes here, considering the rules nonsensical and unobeyable just because we don't like them.

§1.1 - Account and Equipment

You are responsible for your account(s). When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time. You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.

As rule §1.1 states, you are responsible at all times for your equipment, including your PC.

§1.2 - Ban Evading - PERMANENT BAN

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. Attempting to remove ban evidence to get out of a ban. If the evidence points that you have evaded a ban, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.

If you get banned, it's highly advised not to use multiple accounts on the same PC as this can lead to a ban evading question. Who knows if you use the other account to play while your main account is banned?

§1.11 - Ambiguity

If, for any reason, there are ambiguous terms in the rules, or terms which could be "open to interpretation", punishments may be issued as interpreted and agreed upon by TruckersMP Management. Any ambiguity falls on the side of TruckersMP, and not individual players. 

Also,  only the TMP Management can interpret ambiguous and "arbitrary" terms, as you said. Individual players, like you or me, have nothing to say in this matter.

§5.2 - Staff and TruckersMP

Staff reserve the right to kick or ban you from the TruckersMP servers at any point if needed. Project Management has the right to exempt individuals from rules under special circumstances. The servers, mod and staff are provided free of charge for everyone and in that sense, everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time. No form of persecution or offence toward any other members or staff team members will be permitted. We reserve the right to remove your right to access the servers at any time and at our discretion.

With regards to §5.2, it is being stated clearly that playing on TruckersMP servers is a privilege, not a right. And that privilege can be revoked at any time. It's written right there and you had agreed with it!

Heading to the conclusion, you can always use the feedback option for these kind of topics (https://truckersmp.com/feedback) as the Forum is not the right place to talk about this. Of course, your account will not get unbanned after you asked for it on the Forum. If you made an appeal and it has been rejected, try to learn from the experience and pay more attention to the rules next time.

• Like 1

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Hello @SkodaRS_Driver

Has your question been answered by the response given above? 

The confirmation of the status of your question helps us always keep our forum organized. 

I await your response! 

Kind Regards,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hello, 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply. 

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Kind Regards,

Lucas_xiaoZheng

TruckersMP Support 

// Locked and Moved to Inactive