Do you think Calais-Duisburg road or Kirkenes quarry will ever die off?

dragonslayingmaster1000

Although I only started playing TMP in Nov 2017, from what I've heard CD road has been popular since October 2016 (I found out from this post https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/37953-calaisduisburg-road-information-and-alternative-routes/), before that Europoort was popular but completely died off after just 2 years. There has always been occasions where other roads become popular, such as during official WoT events like One Truck Family and Operation Genoa Bridge, and a few weeks ago the Operation HQ event from TMP, but the events never affect CD road that much. Even the Operation HQ event didn't affect CD road much, despite being unique from any other event because after the event there's a brand new city people can drive around in.

As for the Kirkenes quarry, it's been popular for over 2 years now, since the start of Promods MP support in late 2019. There's rarely any good competition to that road, even if there is it only lasts about a month and it's over. The first time there was competition was all of Iceland when Promods MP first released, although it seemed to have really died off at the end of 2019. And about exactly 2 years later, there was good competition to it once again in late December 2021 to mid February 2022, the new road that was added in northern Iceland in Promods 2.60 was relatively popular (40-50 players first few weekends at peak time) for about a month maybe a month and a half and then died off completely. 

I don't think there's any hope for another popular road or any hope that players will just spread out over the map. The problem is if people spread out it's boring to drive on empty roads, it feels like you're playing singleplayer with AI traffic disabled. With that being said, the only way I can see CD road or Kirkenes quarry potentially going away or at least being way less congested is if TMP can come out with AI traffic sometime in the future and that will encourage people to spread out over the map. 

I think these routes have their "cult of personality" well rooted and it will be very hard for them to die off. C-D Road is somewhat of a meeting point for most players. Usually, they go to busy areas instead of having the choice of driving alone and I can't blame them, without AI Traffic it's kind of boring when you drive long distances. AI Traffic will be needed outside of very congested areas as it would create more chaos on C-D Road/Kirkenes-Quarry Road than it probably is. The only way I can think of clearing the C-D Road is by making it a No Collision Zone but that wouldn't be desirable and it would anger the players. :))

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimmyAlexGaming206

I dont think Kirkenes or CD Road will ever die off . However think about how busy Europort used to be with queues going for miles and waiting for hours . Now that's completely dead in that area . Maybe they will end up like that one day . Who knows really . We'll just have to wait and see

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will die off, but I don't think it will happen soon, maybe 6 or 7 years from now.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived