Would it be cool to Walk around?

i would prefer you can exit your truck and meet other TruckersMP Users and realisticly park and walk around. Your just all the time No collision.

I would say that the ability to walk around your truck is certainly something that's been requested by a lot of people within the ETS2 community, whilst it may not add a whole lot to something like TruckersMP, for example. I do think that this would really help improve the realism of the game, getting out of your truck to hook up trailers, and check damage etc. 

However, the game wasn't built for this and so I think even if SCS wanted to, it could potentially be harder for them to implement, than in other games for example. Right now, the closest thing we have to a walk around view is in the dealership or mechanics, when adding customization there is an option to "walk" around the truck. This also interestingly has some assignable controls which could hint at something that may potentially come in the future. 

If there ever is a "ETS3, or an ATS2", I sure hope that they'd think to include this in the game, as I do think that it could add levels of realism not seen before in this kind of game. 

**Kind regards,**

effinghamjnr.png?ex=65d54980&is=65c2d480

I think it'd be a cool addition, but wouldn't be such a big thing. Sure, you can add more mechanics, however, besides that there wouldn't really be any use for it. The map isn't really put out to work for walking around either. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Guest DBus_David.

Although this idea is cool, it should be a good idea in stand-alone, but it is not a good idea in a simulation driving of ETS2, which will only make ETS2 worse?

On 3/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, Edas said:

It would be nice only for Single Player to walk around and interact with your truck outside and do other cool things

Yea, I agree with this statement. 

It was be really nice in single player and would definitely add a lot of realism to the game but for tmp, I don't see it being as useful. Maybe for like truck show events but they're few and far between 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest - Pink Ribbon -

To be fair you can technically free cam around the city by enabling Developer mode then pressing 0 on the keyboard. So you can "walk/fly" around. But there are a lot of people who have Driver models turned off to increase FPS performance as it gets rather laggy in busy areas especially ?

it would be really nice if you could actually walk around , for example; when we're in the gas station we just hold down to ( Enter) button to get gas, but it would be legendary if the ability to walk from the truck and in the environment could even be great if the necessary truck controls and load controls are done during fueling, who knows, maybe it will come in the fututre. İf the future comes this thing on Truckersmp, everyone will punch each other on the C-D road xD ?

I think this idea would have been very nice in terms of realism, but only in non-collision areas otherwise there would have been a lot of confusion in the game.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

This is actually one of the things I've wished for since i bought the game.

I think it would be a amazing addition to be able to walk around your (and others) trucks outside of the dealership.

It would also enhance gameplay as (if added too) you could manually hook up your trailer and do other things.

To this day I still hope this will get added someday but I'm honestly not really expecting it.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived