All bans showing as active on API

Bеаn

Question

When making requests to the bans API, all bans say they are active, tho they are shown as expired on the website.

Example 

How it appears on the website for the last three of my bans.

https://prnt.sc/QRyhppDpcDYZ

Compared to the API 

https://prnt.sc/dd7bNiz5_FuG

I'm unsure if this is the correct place or topic to post this query, but if someone could provide some insight into why this could be happening.

Thanks, 

Bean

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, LogRol said:

Hello,

I am also using TruckersMP API and noticed this behaviour. I'm not sure how this works but I belive that the active variable is just that the ban is valid or not. So in case of a BANBYMISTAKE ban, that should be false.

Let us know if this helped,

Kind Regards,

LogRol

That is what I thought, but the API docs say that the active variable is if the ban is still active.

https://prnt.sc/aELB2J95B1sV

Thanks for the reply, 

Bean

• Web Developer

Hey @Trucker_Bean,

The active column is for something different. When you are viewing your ban history and the circle is yellow. It mean that your ban is older than 1 year meaning that it won't count in terms of extending your ban due to "too" many bans.

I hope this make sense.

Regards,
J-M

11 hours ago, _J-M said:

Hey @Trucker_Bean,

The active column is for something different. When you are viewing your ban history and the circle is yellow. It mean that your ban is older than 1 year meaning that it won't count in terms of extending your ban due to "too" many bans.

I hope this make sense.

Regards,
J-M

Ahh, thanks.

Is there a way to see if bans are still active (not yet expired) using the API?

Kind Regards, 

Bean

5 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

Ahh, thanks.

Is there a way to see if bans are still active (not yet expired) using the API?

Kind Regards, 

Bean

Hello,

Currently there is no variable for that, however, you can easily check that if you compare the expiration date and the current date. If it has at least 1 year difference, than the ban is not active. Obviously if the ban reason is @BANBYMISTAKE, than the ban is also not active whether 1 year passed or not.

Let us know if this helped,

Kind Regards,

LogRol

Hello, 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply. 

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Kind Regards,

Lucas_xiaoZheng

TruckersMP Support 

// Locked and Moved to Inactive