On-Screen Display of Nearest Players / Player List Ideas

Suggestion Name: Have on-screen small "nearby players" list

Suggestion Description: Optionally (Could be a toggable-option in the Options menu) to have an on-screen "nearby players list" as shown in the screenshot included in this post.

Any example images: Example is attached

Why should it be added?: It will be very useful for when coming out and/or near to junctions, as will give you a clear idea of who is nearby and how far away they are, allowing you to either wait until they have passed, or if you have enough time to pull out in front of them and gain enough speed so you will not cause them to brake or avoid you.

Additional: The current in-game players list at the left-side, Please also consider sorting that by Distance-Away (eg. Lowest Distance at Top going to Higher Distance at bottom)

Many Thanks, I hope these will be considered.

post-7710-0-13572500-1428351386_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

How can you report someone if they're further away than the first 4 players close to you? Or have I read it wrong?

I prefer things like this to be 'tucked away'. I prefer pressing tab to see the player list because Minecraft has the exact same process :D

Though I do see some benefits with this. You can focus on driving rather than taking your eye off the road to press a key.

I don't know, I'm neutral about this. -1 and +1.

How can you report someone if they're further away than the first 4 players close to you? Or have I read it wrong?

Primarily its not to aid for "Reporting" players, I suggested it Primarily for when pulling out of junctions / loading bays / poor visability junctions/places, You do not want to keep pressing TAB to check "the coast is clear".

This is where an on-screen display would be useful (this is also why I suggested it as an "option" since not everybody (as shown above) likes the idea as well, They can simply disable it's display on-screen.

I however, would find the feature useful, and beneficial, I really hope it will be added as an "option" for those who really like the idea and want it enabled ingame.

I never said it would aid reporting. Anyway you don't need to look at the player list to see if someone's coming out of a junction, that's why they made the windscreen wide, eh?

As an option, then yes, it's a great idea. But if it was forced upon us than no because it's just another distraction on top of your screen.

Yes, I can see some benefits using this, but I'd much rather check the road for 3 seconds longer than have a thing dangling in front of me while I drive.

Just start ETS2, go to your settings (options) select the keyboard settings, scroll till you find where you can set the camera's.
default = 1 - 0 there you can also find (interior left and right) assign them to a key, just click on the primary or secundary and assign the button :)

• Upvote 1

.//> Scania Emplyoee <\\.

.//> Driving Status: image.png- Location @ Map
logo.png