What are your favorite trucks, and why?

UsedDentalFloss

So I noticed this was empty. Curious, I thought, but why not kick it off?

What are your favorite trucks in ATS and why?

I'd like the why to be a little more then, "because I do", but... If that's your answer, to each their own. 

My personal favorite? Kenworth T680.

Admittedly, I haven't tried ALL of the trucks, and sure there are trucks that would be better for one reason or the next, however I found handling this thing was pretty easy right from the start... I mean, technically all the trucks are, but this one I didn't need to "learn" angles and stuff, just kinda came naturally to me. Plus I really like the interior, which... To me, that's important. You're playing a game where you're simulating spending hours, days, or even weeks in the thing, which would be hours in the real world. Liking your surroundings is kinda essential, imho.

That's just mine. What's yours? ?

I've always liked the Kenworth W900

The way it drives to me just feels perfect going down the road regardless of the amount of weight it's got behind it, it's pretty much always stable

It also has a fairly unique look with the roof windows over the top of the sleeper, you don't really see that in any truck other than the W900 (and some of Kenworth's cabovers)

It's a bit of a shame we don't have customization for the trucks in ATS like ETS2 has, but maybe one day, that would surely get me into other trucks if we did...And maybe one day we'll get "sleeper DLC's" with stuff like this (video):

Spoiler

24H4oa0.jpg

Kenworth W900. Quite simply, amazing. It has that pure american design and feeling, very comfortable truck to drive with as it has good stability and also comfy interior.

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

I do like the old style dafs just how they look and the shape of them, they just look sooo nice 

And same for the Scania 143 absolutely lovely truck

Truckerdan_TMP 906937730502635591.webp.7eb46450b33ca3e7bad682894f0e498b.webp

Steam | Discord ->1960271399_DiscordName.png.02554d2750c1feab7678feff1a0c021b.png

Screenshot_239.png.6c251c9b3241fd7c9916ef8da367d476.png

Reports | Feedback | TMP Rules | Appeal | Support

On 2/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, UsedDentalFloss said:

So I noticed this was empty. Curious, I thought, but why not kick it off?

It's empty because the kids who run TMP flatly refused to listen to their American players.  They only listened to their European players who seemingly, inexplicably, wanted to be artificially controlled.  The rigid, artificial speed limiter dropping us to unreasonably low speeds on the interstates within city limits in the "simulation" server is what killed off the ATS branch of TMP.  We told them over and over and over that it was unrealistic, it broke immersion, and they ignored us and doubled down.  I noticed the ATS playerbase declining from the beginning of the "Road to Simulation" changes, because the changes were negative and took away from the immersive simulation aspects of ATS and TMP.  I don't know about European trucks, but in the US there is no law mandating speed limiters in trucks.  In general, the only trucks that are limited are company trucks usually belonging to mega carriers.  ATS was designed to simulate an owner operator situation, where you'll find almost no trucks have speed limiters.  That doesn't mean we don't obey the speed limit, it means we have to actively monitor our speed and weigh the risks of exceeding the speed limit.  I and many, many others made several serious and reasonable suggestions to the TMP admins of ways to accomplish their stated goals (increase realism and reduce accidents) but all were rejected and ignored.  When Convoy came out, we could set our own rules and weren't subject to the iron fist of kids with god complexes.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Americans fled TMP en masse.

There is a cultural difference between Americans and Europeans.  Americans don't like being ruled with an iron fist.  We don't like being forced to bend to the will of dictators.  We won't be controlled.  Even in video games.  That's why this once vibrant community has fallen from 1200+ players on busy nights to barely 200 players.  It's sad, but it was totally predictable and absolutely avoidable.

To answer your question, UsedDentalFloss, I prefer the iconic Peterbilt 389.  I had a 2000 W900L with a C15 and an 18-speed (that's the truck in my avatar) and before that a 1998 Peterbilt 385, both used mostly for overdimensional.  Unfortunately, I can't recreate my own W9 because the "Studio Sleeper" in ATS is not a Studio Sleeper, but a plain old 72" bunk.  The Studio Sleeper was 86", and the W9 just doesn't look right to me with the short bunk.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived