Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How to go faster while playing operations HQ!

th1713henry

Hi guys!

Operation HQ is a really fun event in Truckersmp and I would really like to say a big thank you to the admins who made this project!

Meanwhile, sometimes it gets quite congested to get to the truckersmp construction site, e.g. there are more than 1600 people in simulation 2. In this post, I would like to share my experience with all of you, so that we don't waste our time in the traffic!

First of all, in general there are 2 routes from Trameri to the construction site, as shown in the figure below.

0ef11a8b-2c0e-4247-a961-12a2eab20b83.png.6446546aff30a18d817c6f85c30b284c.png

There is no benefit to use the light-blue route. It takes more than 1 hour 30 minutes (real time), while using the green route is usually within 1 hour.

I would explain why this is the case. First, the blue route only has 1 lane per way. Meanwhile, the green lane has 2. Secondly, it takes a lot of time to merge with vehicles coming from the south in this figure, and truckers from Wroclaw simply have to wait. Also, the traffic intersection before the construction site, the green route always have the priority to turn right first, and in many occations the trucks from the blue lane are stuck and cannot pass even when there is a green signal. Lastly, in Wroclaw, if you stay on the left lane, waiting to turn left, this takes a lot of time due to the long queue while the right lane is always moving.

For some truckers, I just don't understand why you are trying to jump queues and skip the queue by using the right lane at first, and then block the traffic behind you and cut to the left. This is not a nice thing to do, and using the blue lane takes so long and if you are jumping queue it means you are in a hurry. Therefore, why are you choosing a slower route? Just go striaght, make the traffic flow in city of Wroclaw, and everybody will be happy, you will reach your destination faster too.

Another tip if you are in a hurry, stick to the right lane till the point when you need to merge when you are on the highway using the green lane. It is much faster in my experience.

I hope this post can help all of you! Just stop using the blue route it takes so long and what's the point? Aha, this might change if many people see my post, but i doubt that there will be a big change, and for me I will just use the green route which is much faster.

Thank you for reading! Yours, th1713henry from 1713 Bus Studio on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/TH1713.busstudio

The obvious problem is, everyone just goes to the nearest city to take job to TMP site there, turning the area to another Duisburg, with tons of useless traffic, instead of spreading around and arriving form several different directions.

However, unlike Duisburg, some routes will pass through Wroclaw, so if you are going from Czech Republic north, or you need to exit A4 towards Wroclaw, good luck with that, not only everyone ignores right of way (where blue route goes under A4, traffic from highway has priority), traffic lights (where green and blue routes split in the city), but people often block left lanes on A4 for anyone who just wants to pass through.

Maybe, TMP should add distance requirement for achievements, like WoT almost always does (200-250km) in upcoming events/stages, but I still doubt that would prevent this mess after everyone got their achievement.

I've obtained my achievement so I'm not stepping foot there again with that kind of traffic ??

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

I got to the site with a job starting in Stockolm, was stopped for 4-5 minutes, delivered and... Went back to my WoTr jobs, this time in Simulation 2 server. Of course, the event delivery was done in Simulation 1 server. Way better solution than trying to go through green or blue routes. People who know how bad it is and still insist on going there in Simulation 2 get what they were looking for, lots of people and... 2 hours or more stuck in a jam. Not to mention the reckless drivers, the hackers, the trolls, the people who just stay idle after delivering, making it harder to see anything inside the NCZ of the HQ and so on. But like I said, that's what so many people seem to like, so good for them!

I tested all the roads and decided that the route you save the most from your time is as in the picture. While it takes an average of 3 hours from other roads, u can reach the construction site in an average of 1 hour on the route i marked.

spacer.png

I even made a video of this road, don't forget to like it if you watch it ? 

I hope that this information will be in your best interest.

19 hours ago, Aras. said:

I tested all the roads and decided that the route you save the most from your time is as in the picture. While it takes an average of 3 hours from other roads, u can reach the construction site in an average of 1 hour on the route i marked.

spacer.png

Wait, it's not stupid. I need to try it!

On 2/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Aras. said:

spacer.png

I have tried it! However, I find that it is still slower. I think the reason is because there is only 1 lane after the highway!

On 2/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, Aras. said:

spacer.png

I like your idea. I can see 1 tiny problem, but ain't sure how much it will affect the driving-time. But what I see is that you'll run into a problem at the intersection leading to the last small part of route going to the HQ. You'll be arriving from the East which means you'll have to turn left, which gives the drivers coming from the West right of way. So you'll only be able to turn left when there aren't anyone turning right. Which means only 1 truck should make it turning left every time there is a green light.

I know a lot of driver force themselves into the intersection not obeying the right of way. But if we had to follow real life traffic rules then smiple going straight instead of going on the motorway would possible still be the fatest way.

spacer.png | spacer.png

55 minutes ago, BudokanTB said:

I like your idea. I can see 1 tiny problem, but ain't sure how much it will affect the driving-time. But what I see is that you'll run into a problem at the intersection leading to the last small part of route going to the HQ. You'll be arriving from the East which means you'll have to turn left, which gives the drivers coming from the West right of way. So you'll only be able to turn left when there aren't anyone turning right. Which means only 1 truck should make it turning left every time there is a green light.

I know a lot of driver force themselves into the intersection not obeying the right of way. But if we had to follow real life traffic rules then smiple going straight instead of going on the motorway would possible still be the fatest way.

Yes you are right. People always can go first from the highway. This is key to the speed!

1 hour ago, BudokanTB said:

You can turn right instead, go to the e-acres farm to turn around and then go straight through and those turning right on red will have to let you pass or get kicked. That's what I did after 5 green cycles and nobody leaving any room for left turn.

However, it would be much easier if people would use common sense, right of way won't solve everything in situation like this, going one by one from each direction, while respecting when somebody wants to pass straight should be the norm, or TMP should consider putting protected left turn signal here.

2 hours ago, BudokanTB said:

Your comment sounds really logical but among the roads i tried and drove, this was the shortest route and yes the light you say can be a waste of time. Everyone's opinion is different, thank you for your nice comment ?

On 2/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, th1713henry said:

Hi guys!

Operation HQ is a really fun event in Truckersmp and I would really like to say a big thank you to the admins who made this project!

Meanwhile, sometimes it gets quite congested to get to the truckersmp construction site, e.g. there are more than 1600 people in simulation 2. In this post, I would like to share my experience with all of you, so that we don't waste our time in the traffic!

First of all, in general there are 2 routes from Trameri to the construction site, as shown in the figure below.

0ef11a8b-2c0e-4247-a961-12a2eab20b83.png.6446546aff30a18d817c6f85c30b284c.png

There is no benefit to use the light-blue route. It takes more than 1 hour 30 minutes (real time), while using the green route is usually within 1 hour.

I would explain why this is the case. First, the blue route only has 1 lane per way. Meanwhile, the green lane has 2. Secondly, it takes a lot of time to merge with vehicles coming from the south in this figure, and truckers from Wroclaw simply have to wait. Also, the traffic intersection before the construction site, the green route always have the priority to turn right first, and in many occations the trucks from the blue lane are stuck and cannot pass even when there is a green signal. Lastly, in Wroclaw, if you stay on the left lane, waiting to turn left, this takes a lot of time due to the long queue while the right lane is always moving.

For some truckers, I just don't understand why you are trying to jump queues and skip the queue by using the right lane at first, and then block the traffic behind you and cut to the left. This is not a nice thing to do, and using the blue lane takes so long and if you are jumping queue it means you are in a hurry. Therefore, why are you choosing a slower route? Just go striaght, make the traffic flow in city of Wroclaw, and everybody will be happy, you will reach your destination faster too.

Another tip if you are in a hurry, stick to the right lane till the point when you need to merge when you are on the highway using the green lane. It is much faster in my experience.

I hope this post can help all of you! Just stop using the blue route it takes so long and what's the point? Aha, this might change if many people see my post, but i doubt that there will be a big change, and for me I will just use the green route which is much faster.

Thank you for reading! Yours, th1713henry from 1713 Bus Studio on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/TH1713.busstudio

go to other server

This HQ route is fun until the traffic jam is really reaally really long - mostly at night, when all the kids are back from school & others from work. It's pretty much hell driving then. 1 course is around 1-2 hours minimum. 
Honestly atm. I'm waiting for this HQ op. to be over, because a lot of the players stick around this area & the C-D route ..and the other parts of the map are empty - which pretty much makes playing in the TMP pointless, because u're driving alone - no Ai traffic, no actual humans with truck.. just you.. 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, Granite said:

You can turn right instead, go to the e-acres farm to turn around and then go straight through and those turning right on red will have to let you pass or get kicked. That's what I did after 5 green cycles and nobody leaving any room for left turn.

However, it would be much easier if people would use common sense, right of way won't solve everything in situation like this, going one by one from each direction, while respecting when somebody wants to pass straight should be the norm, or TMP should consider putting protected left turn signal here.

Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought about the solution. That would actually make the suggested route faster. Not a bad idea at all ?

21 hours ago, Tosh8 said:

This HQ route is fun until the traffic jam is really reaally really long - mostly at night, when all the kids are back from school & others from work. It's pretty much hell driving then. 1 course is around 1-2 hours minimum. 
Honestly atm. I'm waiting for this HQ op. to be over, because a lot of the players stick around this area & the C-D route ..and the other parts of the map are empty - which pretty much makes playing in the TMP pointless, because u're driving alone - no Ai traffic, no actual humans with truck.. just you.. 

I get what you are saying about driver sticking to HQ Area and C-D Road. But from my experience what I have noticed is just that the amount of drivers on the server has gone up a little bit, and C-D drivers have switched to HQ. So when HQ is done, what we will properly see if drivers just returning to C-D Road. So I personally don't think we'll see that many driver spread out on the entire map after this event has concluded. But that is of course just what I think, and it can turn out I'm wrong in the end.

spacer.png | spacer.png

I think that the whole thing would move faster if there were more admins in the operation zone, at the moment the mass of trolls is blocking the exit and makes an artificial crowd while driving the current. I like driving in a traffic jam but when you drive 2000 km and some troll breaks your load because he is in a hurry and you come back so you can wait and you have to let him pass. The idea itself is very nice, but the performance compared to previous events was poor .....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DBus_David.

Oh, I have a feeling for the traffic at the headquarters work, in a transport job, I want to be able to arrive safely in 2 hours, but there are some drivers ignoring the traffic, which annoys me?

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived