Traffic rule in Poland

Patryk225_

Hi guys!

Since the Operation HQ started, I noticed that people do not let others drive according to the "suwak" rule. But what is this?

It is a traffic rule in Poland.

Maybe just look at the image below.

(focus more on the image on the left)

IMG_20220214_220950.png.e6d1ce4f3c59b467c658b00dac83a35e.png

You can treat it as a curiosity, not as a rule.

What do you think about this? 

Feel free to answer below!

See you later❤️

This is zip merging or zipper merging, common around EU and NA when traffic is heavy, slowly moving or stationary, which the pictures suggest.

At normal speeds, if someone in front of you  needs to merge because their lane ends or they need to turn, you should let them merge.

However, common TMP experience is that people behind you will make absolutely no effort to slow down, and will attempt to cut you off and get around you at any cost.

How you deal with those situations really shows what kind of person you are.

1 hour ago, Granite said:

This is zip merging or zipper merging, common around EU and NA when traffic is heavy, slowly moving or stationary, which the pictures suggest.

At normal speeds, if someone in front of you  needs to merge because their lane ends or they need to turn, you should let them merge.

However, common TMP experience is that people behind you will make absolutely no effort to slow down, and will attempt to cut you off and get around you at any cost.

How you deal with those situations really shows what kind of person you are.

I agree. Sometimes at the cost of an accident...

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

It's a good idea, but i still dont think it will affect traffic because there are too many people too much, and i also saw that no one was willing to give way

• 2 weeks later...

I actually already knew this traffic-rule since as some user has mentioned previously it is a common rule in part of EU and NA. However, I think there is a thing that can confuse some drivers if they actually know the rule. E.g. where I live this rule is on 2 parts. You can have 2 lanes merging. This is where your example would apply. But you can also have a lane ending, and on this occasion the drivers in the lane ending would have to give way to everyone in the lane that aren't ending.

spacer.png

The sign on the left is a lane merging which means you will have to use zip-merging. But the sign on the right means the lane is ending and the driver in the right lane would have to give way to everyone already in the left lane. I think where it is confusing drivers in-game in that the sign is showing merging lanes. But if you look on the road itself. The dotted line is going all the way to the end of the lane, which would indicate that it is a lane ending and not 2 lanes merging, and then the left lane would have right of way.

I know this is minor little detail, but however people knowing this could be confused about it since the sign and the road itself are telling two different things. Obiviously I wouldn't know have the use dotted lines on the roads of Poland since I haven't driving in Poland IRL. But for people from my country this would be confusing.

spacer.png | spacer.png

On 2022/2/18 at PM6点32分, [TPH] Nicz said:

对于不知道的人来说,很棒的指南和信息。

This guide is very good, it is a good help for newbies

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived