The ETS without the multiplayer mod.

"RICKY"

Until the introduction of SCS KONVOY, Euro Truck Simulator 2 was developed as a single-player game. Playing in single-player or Konvoy has the advantage over TruckersMP multi-player of AI traffic, which makes driving more realistic and less boring than the mostly deserted map in TruckersMP multiplayer. 

Consequently, the game is with or without the existence of TruckersMP multiplayer perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, RICKY9618 said:

In your opinion, what would the ETS game be without the multiplayer mod? 

For me it would be a tedious game. 

Although there are many mods for the game, the base of the game remains the same. 

I fully agree with you, there would be no reason for me to play this game with NPCs , I always played multiplayer games in the past, so I´m "addicted" to the multiplayer-mode in all simulation games.

Furthermore I find the singleplayer, not only of ETS but of simulation games in general, pretty boring.

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

Tedious? Yes.

Boring? No.

The good thing is that you can mod your game the way you want, but driving with singleplayer traffic can be tedious but definitely not boring, because they are equally terrible drivers as your average TMP player, but they have superior numbers compared to multiplayer encounters.

Although this is the weakest part of the game neglected by the developers for years, which is getting worse and worse with each map expansion, try driving long distance on empty roads of TMP servers, to see the difference.

As Granite said SP with mods is tedious with all the issues it comes with but definitely not boring. For me I find modded SP more immersive and you get to actually experience the feeling of trucking, and there is still stuff happening in front of you all the time. In TMP though unless you're in the busy areas driving on an empty highway at 110km/h can be a bit meh.

I used to always play on TMP, but when I decided to give SP a shot I found it to be boring as well but after sticking with it a bit, watching people playing SP with the crispy graphic, sound mods and modded trucks (way before the 1.40 update which introduced the new lighting, oh and before save editing as well) I managed to fall in love with it.

Kind of dull. I don't like driving with NPC's and think that  every actual game without a multiplayer feels lifeless. So to sum this up, I would definitely still play ETS2 but it will be strange without TMP tbh.

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Of course, it would be very boring if it wasn't online, it wouldn't be played for more than 2 hours.

Best Regards  Deli | Yürek TruckersMP Player

:tmp: Languages spoken: English, Turkish, German official language Turkish :110:

🇬🇧Rules | Meet the Team  | Recruitment  | Knowledge base system  | Support  | Feedback  | 

🇹🇷  | Kurallar  | Takımla Tanışın  | İşe Alım  | Bilgi Tabanı Sistemi  | Destek  | Geri Bildirimler  | 

🇩🇪 | Regeln | Triff das Team | Rekrutierung | Wissensbasissystem | Unterstützung | Feedback

10a544fc-1f0d-4c62-b6f0-432c007b834c.png.47c170e679ba540706466808a24df264.png

According to what @Granite said, the singleplayer mode is not boring, but it is tedious. The NPCs are predictable which makes them tedious. There is the essence of being able to play with real people from all over the world. The unexpectedness that the path encounters and the different reactions that you can expect (or not) from the players and how you deal with them makes the multiplayer mode much more fun and addictive compared to other game modes.

It's true, singleplayer mode is tedious but not boring. It's a matter of taste and in this case I'm always left with the option of being able to find real players behind each truck. ❤️

Kind Regards,

TESLA

⚡ LSA Member ⚡

I'm a fan of online-multiplayer experience, i don't really play story/single player games, for example i play ets2 thanks to the TMP mod ?

I think it's really subjective, i think some players prefer single player/story experience and others prefer playing with other humans,

It's like the flavour of an ice cream, some guys prefer chocolate and some others strawberry ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

• Community Manager

ETS without MP would definitely be just a regular trucking game without the atmosphere an MP creates. Any game that has a multiplayer has an extra taste added to it that makes it much more lively. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

I love trucking on SP, just MP makes it that bit funnier sometimes and obviously the no AI is great when you can't be bothered with their stupidity

• 2 weeks later...

If multiplayer didn't exist it would be boring but I still do like playing on single player with mods etc. 

So for me it wouldn't be too bad ?

Truckerdan_TMP 906937730502635591.webp.7eb46450b33ca3e7bad682894f0e498b.webp

Steam | Discord ->1960271399_DiscordName.png.02554d2750c1feab7678feff1a0c021b.png

Screenshot_239.png.6c251c9b3241fd7c9916ef8da367d476.png

Reports | Feedback | TMP Rules | Appeal | Support

On 2/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, "RICKY" said:

In your opinion, what would the ETS game be without the multiplayer mod? 

For me it would be a tedious game. 

Although there are many mods for the game, the base of the game remains the same. 

Depends why you play the game. If your goal is to explore 100% of the map, then Single player suits you. If your goal is to chill and make some deliveries then maybe multiplayer is a better environment as it's less streamlined and more interactive.

That's not to say that TMP is superior though. It has a lot of issues. Most importantly rain sync. Just take a look at the image. Now, imagine driving in this weather on the C-D road. It really takes a lot of immersion from the game when you realise that other drivers don't face the same conditions and the weather only applies to you, while everyone should drive cautiously when facing such weather.

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey,

Due to this topic not having a reply for more than two weeks (14 days,) I will archive this topic. Thank you for posting this topic on our forum and I encourage you to remain active on our forums! 

Locked and Archived.

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived