Why is there a Czech map but no Tatra truck?

xuan  wu

That's a question that only SCS can answer. My guess would be that either they didn't manage to get a license from the manufacturer or they didn't see it fit to include it for not being very common in the EU. All other trucks in the game, I've seen on Spain's roads now and then, some more than others, but there's not one truck in the game that I haven't seen in real life. Tatra, I don't remember seeing one ever. They're probably more popular in other countries, though, but being ETS2, they probably went for the trucks that are common in most of the countries included in the map.

Hard to really say definitively as none of us work for SCS. However, from the looks of at least Tarta's website, they aren't really branding themself as a lorry/trailer hauling vehicle. A lot of their advertisement and descriptions are geared more towards specialized vehicles for agriculture, construction and such.

The only thing I see that relatively resembles a lorry and would be able to haul a trailer is the Tarta Phoenix 185, and even then it looks like it was first produced in 2011 and hasn't had any sort of refresh since.

All that said, its going to probably be a combination of not having the license, and the fact that Tarta has a limited/non-existent modern line-up. Even if they were to go out and release some fictional company for Tarta like they did for Mercedes and the like, you'd really just be making another DAF at that point, seeing in how Tarta's trucks are re-badged DAF more or less.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

The game focuses on long distance higway trucks, that's simply market that Tatra's production has never been aimed for.

What they are known for are off-road or all-terrain 4x4, 6x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10 trucks for construction, agriculture, forrestry and other utility vehicles, like dump trucks,  fire trucks, logging trucks, mobile cranes or concrete mixers.

They are also known for military production and involvement in rally racing, most notably the Dakar Rally.

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Tatra, I don't remember seeing one ever. They're probably more popular in other countries, though

According to their website, Tatra sold 1277 vehicles last year, 40% of that in Czech and Slovak Republic, the rest exported, and 50% of total as part of military contracts, so that would be surpirising to see one on the road in Spain.

You are probably more likely to find one in Australia.

4 hours ago, Xiolin said:

All that said, its going to probably be a combination of not having the license, and the fact that Tarta has a limited/non-existent modern line-up. Even if they were to go out and release some fictional company for Tarta like they did for Mercedes and the like, you'd really just be making another DAF at that point, seeing in how Tarta's trucks are re-badged DAF more or less.

First off, it's Tatra, not Tarta, and it's one of the oldest car manufacturers in the world still in bussiness (car production ended in 1999), I think only surpassed by french Peugeot.

I admitt, their trucks are not what they used to be, until 2011 when cooperation with DAF started, they would use their own cabs and proprietary air-cooled V8 engines and tansmissions, but I wouldn't say Phoenix is  rebranded DAF, it uses cabin manufactured by DAF, Paccar MX engines and ZF or Allison transmissions, but still uses proprietary chassis/suspension and auxiliary transmissions, last time the model  was updated in 2018.

Tatra Trucks is manufacturer aimed at niche markets (see begining of this post), you don't see them hauling goods on the roads and highway, it would make little sense to add in ETS2, maybe game like Snowrunner would be more appropriate.

Morover, every manufacturer in the game offers similar civilian off-road production line which I would be much more interested in seeing in game, at least as AI-traffic, because these can actually be found everywhere around Europe, but instead we have some placeholder AI-truck based off of some forgotten slovenian truck from 1990 which you will see everywhere in the game that's driving 70km/h on highways, causing traffic jams.

Hi,

We can ask to - Why SCS did not remake Czech Republic (SCS is from this country)?

I think SCS's main objective for now is to remake map (of course from west ?), not adding new trucks.... 

Ok, ok. Now you think - "Wait, but DAF 2021 XG was added not while ago". - Yes, but it is still DAF. With new mark like Tatra it will be more time consuming. Or you want only 1-2 model of it.

3 hours ago, Granite said:

The game focuses on long distance higway trucks, that's simply market that Tatra's production has never been aimed for.

What they are known for are off-road or all-terrain 4x4, 6x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10 trucks for construction, agriculture, forrestry and other utility vehicles, like dump trucks,  fire trucks, logging trucks, mobile cranes or concrete mixers.

They are also known for military production and involvement in rally racing, most notably the Dakar Rally.

According to their website, Tatra sold 1277 vehicles last year, 40% of that in Czech and Slovak Republic, the rest exported, and 50% of total as part of military contracts, so that would be surpirising to see one on the road in Spain.

You are probably more likely to find one in Australia.

First off, it's Tatra, not Tarta, and it's one of the oldest car manufacturers in the world still in bussiness (car production ended in 1999), I think only surpassed by french Peugeot.

I admitt, their trucks are not what they used to be, until 2011 when cooperation with DAF started, they would use their own cabs and proprietary air-cooled V8 engines and tansmissions, but I wouldn't say Phoenix is  rebranded DAF, it uses cabin manufactured by DAF, Paccar MX engines and ZF or Allison transmissions, but still uses proprietary chassis/suspension and auxiliary transmissions, last time the model  was updated in 2018.

Tatra Trucks is manufacturer aimed at niche markets (see begining of this post), you don't see them hauling goods on the roads and highway, it would make little sense to add in ETS2, maybe game like Snowrunner would be more appropriate.

Morover, every manufacturer in the game offers similar civilian off-road production line which I would be much more interested in seeing in game, at least as AI-traffic, because these can actually be found everywhere around Europe, but instead we have some placeholder AI-truck based off of some forgotten slovenian truck from 1990 which you will see everywhere in the game that's driving 70km/h on highways, causing traffic jams.

My bad. That was 3AM brain spelling. I meant Tatra, not Tarta lol.

And the cab itself being manufactured by DAF is where I point at it being a rebranded DAF. Sure underneath it may not be all DAF, but the cab being manufactured by DAF gives it a look of the lower model DAF that we already have in game, at least to me. There are probably differences, but not enough to really make it super different to me.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for having more trucks in the game and I would find it interesting they add more small name companies that make lorries to give us something different to drive other then the big major companies, but I'm sure shareholders and the companies SCS already have licensed are not going to be for it, as they want the major companies represented over the smaller ones.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

3 hours ago, Xiolin said:

And the cab itself being manufactured by DAF is where I point at it being a rebranded DAF. Sure underneath it may not be all DAF, but the cab being manufactured by DAF gives it a look of the lower model DAF that we already have in game, at least to me. There are probably differences, but not enough to really make it super different to me.

Not going to argue, but seriously google or look up videos "Tatra backbone tube concept", probably wouldn't make much difference in this game, these trucks (they are heavy duty, like real heavy) will never appear in ETS2, although they would shine in game like Snowrunner/Mudrunner.

Today's trucks are pretty much modular, first you choose the cabin that best suits your needs then chassis that's available for it, then you build your truck around it.

What SCS could do, instead of adding some small obscure local manufacturers (lets be honest), is to expand cabin and chassis variants for each manufacturer already in the game (which you see on the roads everywhere around EU), including rigids, That would make the game much more varied and realistic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived