Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Longer yellow lights

ClutchX

Hello everyone in the forum,

i want to talk about the yellow lights of the game.I think they´re too short;im talking about this topic because i had an incident:

i was with the winter mod because its winter,and aproaching the intersection near the duisburg gas station when i first saw the traffic lights i saw it very blurred because i have very low graphics due to the 

performance of my computer and when i finally saw it clear it was green so i started accelerating then it turned yellow for 2 seconds and red and the other road was starting to move so i braked but since i had the winter mod i didnt break on time and crashed.So,i have 2 main ideas make the yellow light 2 seconds longer or use a system used in russia blinking green for three seconds solid yellow for another 3 seconds

then finally a red.

Thanks for reading,apro_234.

i never noticed ?

Best Regards  Deli | Yürek TruckersMP Player

:tmp: Languages spoken: English, Turkish, German official language Turkish :110:

🇬🇧Rules | Meet the Team  | Recruitment  | Knowledge base system  | Support  | Feedback  | 

🇹🇷  | Kurallar  | Takımla Tanışın  | İşe Alım  | Bilgi Tabanı Sistemi  | Destek  | Geri Bildirimler  | 

🇩🇪 | Regeln | Triff das Team | Rekrutierung | Wissensbasissystem | Unterstützung | Feedback

10a544fc-1f0d-4c62-b6f0-432c007b834c.png.47c170e679ba540706466808a24df264.png

Hey,

solution to your problem would be slowing down. I also use Winter Physics add-on and for this reason I don't drive faster than 70 km/h on roads such a C-D and do drive much slower near intersections. Longer amber light wouldn't look realistically and these valuable seconds might result in worse traffic flow in heavy populated areas. Blinking green light is, as far as I know, not common in Germany or Benelux and again, wouldn't look realistically. In short, drive slower near intersections even if the light is green.

Kind Regards,

ASIR
TruckersMP Game Moderator & Translator

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

• Community Manager

Hey.

While longer yellow lights would be beneficial, I can't help but stress that even if you are using the winter mod, the duration of yellow lights wouldn't matter in the matter as honestly it's your responsibility to drive safe. Making yellow lights' duration longer is also something TruckersMP do not have the ability to change. Similar to what ASIR said above, if you noticed the yellow light was already showing, you should really be making an effort to slow down by then.

Regards,

xBestBBx 

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator (forums)

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

They could, but its pointless.

At some intersections it is actually realistic, e.g. the intersection to enter Duisburg has a realistic 80 km/h yellow light duration.
All other traffic lights have shorter durations, due to them being in built cities; so you're generally slower.

As said, winter mod is not an excuse. Adjust your driving behavior to the weather. You're not going 110 km/h on a fully snowed highway in real life, are you?

Funnily enough, I've never had an issue with the yellow light phases. And even if you pass the traffic light as it just switched to red - it takes 1-2 seconds until the next vehicles begin moving, so it is enough time to clear the intersection.

Germany has the red - red/yellow - green - yellow phase system, and its very well.

sadly these are the things the tmp staff dont care about because they litterly ignore your suggestion or find any strange excuse... i made a lot suggestions about to improve the game, forum, website etc. and mostly they told me that there is already another dead topic from like 4 years ago which isnt solved till today... sometimes i think the players care more about that game than the people who made it

2 hours ago, poland.ball said:

They could, but its pointless.

At some intersections it is actually realistic, e.g. the intersection to enter Duisburg has a realistic 80 km/h yellow light duration.
All other traffic lights have shorter durations, due to them being in built cities; so you're generally slower.

As said, winter mod is not an excuse. Adjust your driving behavior to the weather. You're not going 110 km/h on a fully snowed highway in real life, are you?

Funnily enough, I've never had an issue with the yellow light phases. And even if you pass the traffic light as it just switched to red - it takes 1-2 seconds until the next vehicles begin moving, so it is enough time to clear the intersection.

Germany has the red - red/yellow - green - yellow phase system, and its very well.

the german light is actually one of the worst signal lights outthere... in the countrys where the green light blinks a few seconds before it gets yellow are much better

15 hours ago, apro_234 said:

Hello everyone in the forum,

i want to talk about the yellow lights of the game.I think they´re too short;im talking about this topic because i had an incident:

i was with the winter mod because its winter,and aproaching the intersection near the duisburg gas station when i first saw the traffic lights i saw it very blurred because i have very low graphics due to the 

performance of my computer and when i finally saw it clear it was green so i started accelerating then it turned yellow for 2 seconds and red and the other road was starting to move so i braked but since i had the winter mod i didnt break on time and crashed.So,i have 2 main ideas make the yellow light 2 seconds longer or use a system used in russia blinking green for three seconds solid yellow for another 3 seconds

then finally a red.

Thanks for reading,apro_234.

From your description of the incident, I come to the following conclusion:

You didn't adapt your speed to the weather and road conditions, which made you lose control over your vehicle and eventually cause a collision. This is usually regarded as reckless driving, which is a violation of the game rules and can be punished accordingly.

Consequently, the timely length of the amber traffic light was not a main factor during the course of the incident.

However, the TruckersMP team should make sure that the timely length of the cross traffic red light is sufficient long enough to give other players time to evacuate the intersection.

Remember to always approach an intersection at a moderate speed so you have more time to react to unforeseen circumstances.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

sadly these are the things the tmp staff dont care about because they litterly ignore your suggestion or find any strange excuse... i made a lot suggestions about to improve the game, forum, website etc. and mostly they told me that there is already another dead topic from like 4 years ago which isnt solved till today... sometimes i think the players care more about that game than the people who made it

the german light is actually one of the worst signal lights outthere... in the countrys where the green light blinks a few seconds before it gets yellow are much better

The suggestion itself is nonsense.

Even if we take away Winter Mod, you do not cross an intersection with a red light above like 70km/h (it's still too fast imo), and even more when this particular intersection is known to hold one of the biggests and reccurent jams of the game.

If the light goes yellow, you must have enough time to slow down and stop.

If you can't, that either means you were going too fast or that your brakes aren't set up correctly. And in both of these cases, it's your fault.

Using Russian's cycle across every country would likely solve nothing and would also destroy realism (even tho Calais is not using French cycle at highway and service intersections already).

Even in real life I don't see how a green-light flashing seconds before amber / red can help in any way.

One tip : if you have to say "sorry I use Winter Mod", that means you need to uninstall the mod, or learn how to drive safely with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

I don't know how easy it is to obtain a driver's license, but honestly, the green-yellow-red cycle is prefectly fine. Timers or blinking green lights are more for bad drivers ?

There is no reason to make longer yellow lights. Around here Yellow is the same as Red. Unless you cant stop in time then you can go through. But if you can stop you have to stop. And if you can see it changing and you have winter mod on and cant stop, then you are driving too fast to begin with. If you can stop you have to stop. So there is no reason to make longer yellows. If you have winter mod on, you should drive slower anyway.

Hi,

Allow me to respond to this post.

Green-yellow-red light cycles are fine. I think it's important to respect the highway code especially in areas marked as "populated" or "overcrowded" (thus to modulate the speed, especially if you use the winter mod).

Last important point, in the highway code, orange means that you have to brake, it's like saying "attention".

I don't know if it's very clear what I said but I find it important to say it.

Driver on TruckersMP since 2018.

7 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Unless you cant stop in time then you can go through.

Thanks @MrSirViking.

To avoid "racing drivers" and the like base their ban appeals on a rather vague statement, it should be noted that the above statement is subject to a condition.

The condition is to drive in a way and at a speed which doesn't violate the game rules or national road traffic rules.

It usually enables the driver to safely stop at an amber traffic light and before the intersection.

Driving at excessive speed however isn't safe and is never a valid excuse of being unable to stop your vehicle in time.

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Thanks @MrSirViking.

To avoid "racing drivers" and the like base their ban appeals on a rather vague statement, it should be noted that the above statement is subject to a condition.

The condition is to drive in a way and at a speed which doesn't violate the game rules or national road traffic rules.

It usually enables the driver to safely stop at an amber traffic light and before the intersection.

Driving at excessive speed however isn't safe and is never a valid excuse of being unable to stop your vehicle in time.

Yes of cause. Like what i was trying to say is that if you in a city is driving 50km/h and the green light turns yellow just before you enter the intersection, you of cause cant stop in time and so has to drive through. We are not talking that you are driving 90 or 110. So if you where driving the normal legal speed for that road and you cant stop then its fine, but if you could have stopped at the legal speed then its not fine to blast through it. Thats of cause the real life rules. In game you of cause can drive through yellow and even red as long as no one else is around that has green.

Well I don't know how traffic light timers are in real life in Europe, but I live in the US and the ideal length is 1 second for every 10 mph, and I'm not sure how many traffic lights are like that, but it does seem like a reasonable length, not every place does it like that though. So at 50 km/h (30 mph), 3 seconds would be an ideal time but I think all traffic lights in this game (and also ATS) are just 2 seconds, with realistic braking sensitivity settings you couldn't stop for that in time if you're too close to it, even going speed limit. In singleplayer, I personally use a longer yellow light mod and it saves me from running red lights that there's no way I could stop at in time.

7 hours ago, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

holy shit go outside

What do you mean? I have a job. I'm outside from 7:00 to 16:00. However, that is none of your business. You should stay on topic about our argument. As I said, the green-yellow-red cycle is very well and the traffic light stays at yellow in germany in cities at around 1-2 seconds. Outside of cities its 2-3 seconds. You have way enough time to react appropriately and either accelerate if close enough, or brake down if far away.

2 hours ago, poland.ball said:

What do you mean? I have a job. I'm outside from 7:00 to 16:00. However, that is none of your business. You should stay on topic about our argument. As I said, the green-yellow-red cycle is very well and the traffic light stays at yellow in germany in cities at around 1-2 seconds. Outside of cities its 2-3 seconds. You have way enough time to react appropriately and either accelerate if close enough, or brake down if far away.

think logical man because there is more time to react

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived