I tried driving a max of 80 km/h on CD road and it can be quite hard

dragonslayingmaster1000

Whenever I drive CD road, which I rarely do, I always drive max speed with the exception of around corners because I use realistic stability settings so I have to slow to 60-70 for them. I kept with the flow of traffic which everyone drives a ridiculous speed and all the realistic players know that. I figured I would try limiting myself to 80 km/h. I feel for those people that strictly go the speed limit on CD road because it can be frustrating, which on a lot of the road is only 60 km/h. Of course there's constant overtakes and every overtake there's a chance you will be flipped over. I went through it twice like this and I got flipped over once both times I went through by stupid reckless drivers/overtakers. One of those there were 2 people overtaking at the same time on both sides of the road and there's pretty much no way to avoid that. 80 km/h is not enough for them, or even 90 wouldn't be enough for some people.

However at the same time, going only 80 km/h actually might have saved me from a few crashes because I have more reaction and braking time (since I also use realistic braking sensitivity I can't just stop instantly) and for example if someone is overtaking and there's oncoming traffic I can move to the right as far as I can move more safely and avoid crashing, didn't work every time though. I know TMP likely doesn't plan on doing this but I wish there was a 90 km/h speed limiter on just CD road, although people will probably just find a different road if that happens.

Yeah, I was thinking of the 80-90 km/h speed limit too. And you are totally right when you say that driving slowly can save you from accidents. I usually drive on  C-D when I have a job around it and drive pretty fast except around corners. 90% of the accidents that I encountered in the last years on TMP were on the C-D road. But ultimately, it's every player's responsibility how they handle their vehicle so after I almost got "pancaked" by 3 trucks on C-D 2 weeks ago :)), I'll have to avoid this road for no further incidents. I'm not bothered by the normal speed limit on C-D but 90 km/h limiter would be a nice idea.

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

On 2/5/2022 at 4:46 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

However going only 80 km/h actually might have saved me from a few crashes because I have more reaction and braking time (since I also use realistic braking sensitivity I can't just stop instantly) [...]

This is the important lesson to learn, and I thank you for bringing it up.

I wish more players would drive more defensively, namely, consider local speed limits and practise mutual consideration. But as long as players can mess around with stability settings and set them to unrealistic values, respectively make themselves billionaires by cheating their money account in their profiles, there is no reason for them to worry.

It's a drawback which goes directly against the idea of Road To Simulation and shouldn't be possible on simulation servers.

Drive safely!

On 2/6/2022 at 12:14 AM, NexusMEISTER said:

90% of the accidents that I encountered in the last years on TMP were on the C-D road. 

Well, i mean Obviously. The surrounding roads which are kinda busy are highways and the rest of the map is empty.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I know TMP likely doesn't plan on doing this but I wish there was a 90 km/h speed limiter on just CD road, although people will probably just find a different road if that happens.

The C-D road doesn't need another speed limit to become safer, and for that matter the game doesn't need a speed limit. What it does need is a server-side economy so players will hurt every time they visit the repair shop. I honestly believe that a server-side economy would revamp the game as we now know it. 

Back when I didn't hate that road (or to be fairer, the "Idiots on that road"), I'd drive following strictly the speed limits. 80, 60 or 50 depending on the road signage. I'd be very alert to stop or swerve right if needed and the only problems I used to have were those NFS fans rear-ending my trailer because it's hard to go from 150 Km/h to 50 in a curvy road... Yes, I said 150. You can imagine how long it's been since I last drove on that road ?

9 hours ago, jamarcus said:

u must be really bad then

From what I have learned during the last five years about @FernandoCR [ESP] he is a respected long-time member of this community for over seven years, a skilled, fair and responsible driver, and, in contrast to you, without a single rule violation in his punishment history.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived