Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

TruckersMP website can't be accessed with Tor Browser

Interstate Nomad

Question

Problem description:

TruckersMP website can't be accessed with Tor Browser. 

Error message:

Error 1020

Ray ID: 6d6b204baa43924f • 2022-02-01 12:19:06 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Solution descrition:

n/a

I'd like to address this issue to the TruckersMP web developers and ask for their evaluation of a possible solution.

9 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, [M5G] Mohamed5GExt said:

I hope I answered your question.

Thank you for your input.

It however doesn't answer the question about why this happens nor solves the actual problem.

I am aware of other browsers, but using them is a workaround only. 

I should have mentioned that it was possible to connect to the TruckersMP website via Tor Browser some two years ago without any problems.

I suspect it has something to do with changed Cloudfare settings.

So the actual problem remains and the question why this happens still  needs to be answered.

This error is because Cloudflare marks all Tor IPs as suspicious. I don't believe there is anything the TMP team can do without removing Cloudflare's protections entirely.

• Thanks 1

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

Hello there, 

i am not a tor user, however, after some research i found these two articles about the exact issue. 

1. I suggest to take a look at this article from the Cloudflare Community site: Site cannot be reached from Tor browser

- Two browser settings to change to eventually fix the problem have been mentioned there, you could give them a try too. 

2. General issues with Tor and CloudFlare are also known, see official Torproject blog: The Trouble with CloudFlare

Unfortunately, it seems to be a problem in general and not just with our site. It also looks like you are able to access our sites with another browser - this is a Tor Browser issue. 

Hope you can understand that. Let me know if you got anything else. 

All the best, 

maksch

TruckersMP Support 

• Thanks 1

maksch

Ex-Member of the Support Team 

3 hours ago, [M5G] Mohamed5GExt said:

I really don't know why you are using Tor Browser, did you leave all the protected browsers that have no problems like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc... and you chose Tor Browser. I don't advise you to use it and I don't even think the Developers will, you can just open the site with any normal browser.

Tor is a normal browser as long as it is used with appropriate precaution. Saying that it's not safe is false, it is not 100% secure though.

• True Story 1

Hello @blabberbeak,

We are glad to hear that your problem has been solved.  
Thank you, to all who participated. Have a great day!  

Kind Regards,
@Caramba2412
TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and Moved to Solved. 

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader