Some tips for new players

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could go on single player and get used to how the truck drives etc. Or even go on arcade server and just practice before going in to a busy place ?

Truckerdan_TMP 906937730502635591.webp.7eb46450b33ca3e7bad682894f0e498b.webp

Steam | Discord ->1960271399_DiscordName.png.02554d2750c1feab7678feff1a0c021b.png

Screenshot_239.png.6c251c9b3241fd7c9916ef8da367d476.png

Reports | Feedback | TMP Rules | Appeal | Support

• 2 weeks later...

I think as a new player you should take a close look at the trucks.

Every truck behaves differently.

First see which ones are best for you and then you can start with normal loads.

Afterwards you can also make long-distance trips and important deliveries.

I earned everything in the game myself.

If you are good, you can quickly reduce loans from the bank and thus expand your company.

Have fun driving!

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

On 2/4/2022 at 12:30 AM, Forceous said:

Here is a crucial one, for players just starting make sure to take things slowly. It might be overwhelming a bit when playing on TMP at first and might lead you to a ban if you're not careful, always follow the road rules and don't risk anything.

Never go 110km/h until you're comfortable with your skills, just because you see a truck zooming next to you doesn't mean you can also do it, that person might have hundreds or thousands of hours in the game and knows what they're doing. I personally did the mistake of going too fast when I just started out in TMP and that lead to a ban, so just don't do it until you're comfortable. ?

^ This. I really cannot stress this enough. Just slow down, full stop. There is no need to rush.

That's partially why there is a 110km/h limit in place. I've seen it many times. There were new players who weren't fully in control of their trucks tumbling into the back of someone else's trailer after momentarily breaking the sound barrier in their Volvo comet trucks, and for what reason?

While we're at it here are some good driving habits you should adopt while you're new:

- On C-D road (and other busy single lane roads), under pretty much every circumstance you should not be overtaking. That's an easy way to cause a crash and get banned.

- Learn defensive driving (learn to anticipate crashes). Failing the above and someone else is overtaking you on C-D road, if another truck is oncoming, slow down and let the overtaking truck past. Being assertive is the worst thing you can do here.

- If there's a traffic jam ahead, slow down and wait for everyone to start moving. Do not overtake, there may be an oncoming truck.

- Leave some distance between you and the truck in front, in case they stop suddenly (I'd say about 100-150m)

- If there's a convoy ahead, do not overtake, there may be an oncoming truck.

Be patient. Most crashes that can easily be avoided are caused by impatience. If you have to give way, give way.

These are basic, should be common sense, however a lot of new people seem to forget or don't know about these unwritten rules.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, seth_haveron said:

Pro Tip: dont waste any Money on Schmokia or Gayvo

Another pro tip:

If you suffer from an anxiety disorders, like homophobia, please consult a psychologist of your choice. 

The TruckersMP community welcomes everybody independent of race, ethnicity, religion, origin, sexual orientation, ability and gender.

I kindly ask you to respect that and refrain from questionable comments from now on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DBus_David.

Hello, first of all, when you are a novice player, the following points should help you. 1. You can practice driving skills on a single machine 2. Debug buttons and peripherals in advance, because I see some players, because the computer pops up problems, dangerous driving, so you must deal with it in advance, and finally, I wish you good luck?

Above are some of my little tips that don't seem to make a difference, but I usually find

Greeting:

MICA

Hey newbies follow the above suggestion and be a good driver.I want to give more suggestion that I got 

• I have seen a new guy driving a triple trailer in cd route which resulted in ban.

• Never about the other players speed coz they may carry low weight or you may have a lower hp engines.

• I request new players to use/limit your trucks engine to 600hp with a 12 speed gearbox.

Drive carefully and don't overtake blindly

Kind regards,

Tonyyy

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

* Not sure If this has changed but detours show up for you and not other players. This can be risky at times since other players will be unable to read your intentions and can result in an accident. To change this, go into your gameplay settings, scroll down and change the 'detour' slider to the lowest you can go. 

* Rain has some affects towards your truck - this can make the road fairly slippery and will effect your brakes. If you are not used to this, I recommend turning this off. To do this, it's the same approach as the detours slider.

* Always slow down for corners/bends, if you don't and contine to travel at an excessive rate of speed then you'll have less control over your vehicle and can often result in an accident. So, by driving slow for corners/bends means you'll have more control over your vehicle.

* Your mirrors are not a fancy accessory, you should check them often to keep an eye on what's happening around you. You should also use them while overaking, joining a motorway, joining the road, checking for overtakes, when you start to build up your speed etc... it is extremely important for you to get into a habit of checking your mirrors.

* While you can drive fast, this is often not recommended. When you drive fast, you'll not only have less control over your vehicle but you'll be unable to react to unexpected situations fast enough. For example, you were going 110 and start to catch up to a player who is doing 80. This player then comes to an emergency stop due to a hazard ahead of them. Since you were going at an excessive rate of speed, you are unable to react in time and end up crashing into the back of this player.

* Before you overtake, you should make sure that no one else is approaching from the opposite direction. You can check this via your GPS. Avoid overaking on bends or areas where its illegal to overtake (I.e. no overtaking traffic signs/solid white road markings), its just not worth it and will likely cause an accident. For more tips on overaking, I recommend watching this video:

There are many tips for new players but I feel like these are the most important ones that every player should know.

3 hours ago, NightBIade said:

* Not sure If this has changed but detours show up for you and not other players. This can be risky at times since other players will be unable to read your intentions and can result in an accident. To change this, go into your gameplay settings, scroll down and change the 'detour' slider to the lowest you can go. 

* Rain has some affects towards your truck - this can make the road fairly slippery and will effect your brakes. If you are not used to this, I recommend turning this off. To do this, it's the same approach as the detours slider.

* Always slow down for corners/bends, if you don't and contine to travel at an excessive rate of speed then you'll have less control over your vehicle and can often result in an accident. So, by driving slow for corners/bends means you'll have more control over your vehicle.

* Your mirrors are not a fancy accessory, you should check them often to keep an eye on what's happening around you. You should also use them while overaking, joining a motorway, joining the road, checking for overtakes, when you start to build up your speed etc... it is extremely important for you to get into a habit of checking your mirrors.

* While you can drive fast, this is often not recommended. When you drive fast, you'll not only have less control over your vehicle but you'll be unable to react to unexpected situations fast enough. For example, you were going 110 and start to catch up to a player who is doing 80. This player then comes to an emergency stop due to a hazard ahead of them. Since you were going at an excessive rate of speed, you are unable to react in time and end up crashing into the back of this player.

* Before you overtake, you should make sure that no one else is approaching from the opposite direction. You can check this via your GPS. Avoid overaking on bends or areas where its illegal to overtake (I.e. no overtaking traffic signs/solid white road markings), its just not worth it and will likely cause an accident. For more tips on overaking, I recommend watching this video:

There are many tips for new players but I feel like these are the most important ones that every player should know.

best tip's you can give and defo one's that should have included ❤️

1) Take your time and enjoy the game ? No need to rush, it's not NFS or other racing game ?
2) Always follow the traffic rules. I suggest not to speed up above speed limit of the road (sometimes you should drive even slower than that to avoid crashing, believe me)
3) Don't overtake if you are not sure you'll handle it!
4) Avoid overcrowded areas at the beginning (I highly suggest not to visit C-D road until you are familiar with game and in your driving)

5) As someone above me already said - music! (calm music of course) ?

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great reminder

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

your recommendation is perfect

the recommended truck, the axles, types of load, truck stability and the game mode (keyboard, controller or steering wheel)

1. You will need a 4x8 truck to get somewhat improved stability.

2. If the player wants to use a 4x2, he can enter the game config to modify the gameplay of the truck and change the intensity of the braking and improve the stability of the truck to the maximum.

3. The same game config, the game play can remove fatigue and remove traffic violations and also speed limiter.

4. For the new ones, the most recommended is to use an xbox controller and with that you can get a better experience.

5. last point for these new players there is a program that can improve the profile that is the TS TOOL.

Best Regards.

Quiber

2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb

Rules | Support System | Feedback | Ban Appeal | Recruitment | Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Need to know and understand the TruckersMP official rules. Rules are being updated. Check it often.

You can reach the Knowledge base. There are translations in twenty-four different world languages other than English here. You can be sure to find most things about tmp you need here. You can create a support ticket for more.

You should be extra careful on the Calais-Duisburg road, which is currently one of the most crowded routes in the game. You may have to struggle with players with poor internet quality or trolls. The highest ban and kick commands are used on this road. 

TOTAL.png.edacbed43e114077fdc7cb45ce8e0025.png

Don't panic! A lot of players are way to inpatient and rely on the rules to intimidate you.

Don't take your eyes off the road in busy areas, you'r travelling at fast speeds and if you take your eyes off the road you'll make mistakes

Archived