Some tips for new players

So I have seen a fair few new players around recently and have seen many of them struggle or have problems and here are a few tips I have for them.

• Don't have fatigue simulation on. especially as can cause accidents if you are too sleepy and you are responsible for anything that happens.
  • Don't have air pressure simulation on. I have seen way too many people blocking and use the excuse "air pressure low" This is blocking and is not an excuse and you can get banned for it
  • don't just jump on C-D road straight away . Yes it's a thrilling place and yes it can be fun but for a new player it can be overwhelming and can cause problems if you don't know the road or are not confident
  • Don't buy a 8x4 just because you can. Many new players buy 8x4's just to haul a box or Reefer trailer. The 8x4 isn't the best for turning and there is no point if you are hauling normal cargo#

these are just a few tips I have off the top of my head and from things i have seen and thought they would be useful to share ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good starting tips!

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

6 hours ago, Simonizer80 said:

Don't be shy to take loans from the bank, they helped me!

yes, this too. try get some good levels to get a nice truck as well

21 hours ago, acesteely20 said:

So I have seen a fair few new players around recently and have seen many of them struggle or have problems and here are a few tips I have for them.

• Don't have fatigue simulation on. especially as can cause accidents if you are too sleepy and you are responsible for anything that happens.
  • Don't have air pressure simulation on. I have seen way too many people blocking and use the excuse "air pressure low" This is blocking and is not an excuse and you can get banned for it
  • don't just jump on C-D road straight away . Yes it's a thrilling place and yes it can be fun but for a new player it can be overwhelming and can cause problems if you don't know the road or are not confident
  • Don't buy a 8x4 just because you can. Many new players buy 8x4's just to haul a box or Reefer trailer. The 8x4 isn't the best for turning and there is no point if you are hauling normal cargo#

these are just a few tips I have off the top of my head and from things i have seen and thought they would be useful to share ?

I think this post is also helpful for new players, thank you ! ?

9 minutes ago, Terence PriceYT said:

Playing on Single Player until they are fully used to how Trucks handle in the Game is a good shout, Also gives them experience with Traffic when they do end up in highly populated areas.

yes 100% agree, another great one!

I personally never had a problem with the 8x4 chassis, as long as you lift the axle up when hauling normal cargo or when you have trouble getting up a hill you will be able to get up hills easier. Although it never really helped me personally it just looks cool to have more tires especially if you have the colored runner tires.

Here is a crucial one, for players just starting make sure to take things slowly. It might be overwhelming a bit when playing on TMP at first and might lead you to a ban if you're not careful, always follow the road rules and don't risk anything.

Never go 110km/h until you're comfortable with your skills, just because you see a truck zooming next to you doesn't mean you can also do it, that person might have hundreds or thousands of hours in the game and knows what they're doing. I personally did the mistake of going too fast when I just started out in TMP and that lead to a ban, so just don't do it until you're comfortable. ?

6 hours ago, Forceous said:

Here is a crucial one, for players just starting make sure to take things slowly. It might be overwhelming a bit when playing on TMP at first and might lead you to a ban if you're not careful, always follow the road rules and don't risk anything.

Never go 110km/h until you're comfortable with your skills, just because you see a truck zooming next to you doesn't mean you can also do it, that person might have hundreds or thousands of hours in the game and knows what they're doing. I personally did the mistake of going too fast when I just started out in TMP and that lead to a ban, so just don't do it until you're comfortable. ?

Ideally just follow the speed limits at all times to be safe no matter how much you've played, although when I drive on CD road I often drive 80-90 km/h (above the speed limit in most places on CD road but not 110 that's really crazy for a road like that), other than that most of the time I drive realistically. I do sometimes drive 110 on more empty but still decent populated highways (such as Germany) on TMP but on singleplayer since there's traffic I drive the speed limit almost all the time. I also use realistic truck/trailer stability settings, brake sensitivity, etc. so it forces me to drive more carefully.

1 hour ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

singleplayer since there's traffic I drive the speed limit almost all the time. I also use realistic truck/trailer stability settings, brake sensitivity, etc. so it forces me to drive more carefully.

Yeah in SP I try to be as realistic as possible for the most immersion, and with mods it's a really great experience. 

Turn on the light at 16 PM

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

On 1/31/2022 at 8:40 PM, [ConSecGroup] acesteely20 said:

因此,我最近看到一些新玩家,并且看到他们中的许多人在挣扎或遇到问题,以下是我为他们提供的一些提示。

• 不要打开疲劳模拟。特别是如果你太困了,你会导致事故,你对发生的任何事情负责。
  • 不要打开气压模拟。我见过太多人阻止并使用借口"气压低"这是阻止,不是借口,你可以被禁止
  • 不要直接跳上C-D路。是的,这是一个令人兴奋的地方,是的,它可以很有趣,但对于新玩家来说,它可能是压倒性的,如果你不了解道路或不自信,可能会导致问题
  • 不要仅仅因为你可以买8x4。许多新玩家购买8x4只是为了拖曳箱子或冷藏拖车。8x4不是最好的转弯,如果您拖运普通货物,则没有意义#

这些只是我从头顶上得到的一些提示,以及我所看到并认为它们会很有用的分享?

Thank you for sharing, this is very helpful for newbies:tmp:

• Community Moderation Manager

Hey!

Another two important ones: don't let other drivers frustrate you, and if this is too difficult, do not show your frustration to others. So do not start driving more recklessly and do not send any messages in the chat that may be used against you.

Other than that, while I do not really have tips mentioned in this guide, I am sure it will be useful as well to beginners in TruckersMP (ETS2MP). 

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived