Low HP truck + Heavy haul load

Why do people with low HP trucks try and pull the heavy loads, especially the 62T train.

Yes i know it pays well and it can be fun to do but and everyone wants to do it but I have witnessed so many people have problems with it on C-D road especially on the hill coming from Duisburg intersection

A little tip from me is that if you want to try it, Maybe try it off the C-D road first so you know how it handles and how to drive it without causing problems

Even I stick with the speed limit there, I used to being horn spammed at or being told to go faster. As a Game Moderator, I can of course issue punishments due to §1.3 violations but as a normal player, you will most likely being honked through the whole trip. And even if you filed a report, it takes time to get dealt with, and you will be facing people honking for the whole trip and many would say "rec ban blocking" or so, I'd say you would somehow be worried of being punished for driving too slow, so I really can't say that's fun.

And therefore, I highly suspect they do that on purpose to cause chaos because their trucks can barely only go faster than half of the speed limit for trucks on that road (30 / 40 km/h). And they tend to use excuses like "C-D challenge" (if that's the challenge to annoy other drivers, then the title might be correct). I don't mind if you pull a 61t on C-D, as long as your truck configuration is correct (Not by a 4x2, not 6-gear transmission). There is a Truck Analysis showing how good your truck can pull heavy cargos in Truck Configurator.

ets2_00146.png

So if you make your truck bad at pulling heavy cargoes and hill transversal, you are most likely trying to annoy other drivers on the most crowded road in the server. 

Of course they are doing that on purpose but you have to live with that or quit driving there all the time, it's your choice alone, trolls are attracted to that road more than anywhere else, nothing much to do about that.

Then you have people driving 110km/h with loco or similarly heavy load, which si far more dangerous, as well as people with 750hp trucks and zero weight trailers fluttering behind them on that very same road, or just about anywhere, but nobody seem to mind.

And by the way, it seems the truck configurator thinks normal cargo maxes at about 8t or something and lower torque transmission is for heavy cargo, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

9 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

Even I stick with the speed limit there, I used to being horn spammed at or being told to go faster. As a Game Moderator, I can of course issue punishments due to §1.3 violations but as a normal player, you will most likely being honked through the whole trip.

Care to elaborate how honking at or telling another player to drive faster would violate paragraph 1.3?

"§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse

Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes."

35 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

And therefore, I highly suspect they do that on purpose to cause chaos because their trucks can barely only go faster than half of the speed limit for trucks on that road (30 / 40 km/h).

36 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

So if you make your truck bad at pulling heavy cargoes and hill transversal, you are most likely trying to annoy other drivers on the most crowded road in the server. 

I marked the parts in bold which I have a problem with.

I expect from you as a game moderator to work with evidence, and not with suspicions or probabilities.

In this example, the driver can't be reported for driving slower than he is allowed by the local speed limit. And a successful report for the violation of Blocking would require evidence that shows him blocking other players way of travel.

Simply driving slow due to lack of performance however will hardly meet this requirement.

7 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

In this example, the driver can't be reported for driving slower than he is allowed by the local speed limit. And a successful report for the violation of Blocking would require evidence that shows him blocking other players way of travel.

Simply driving slow due to lack of performance however will hardly meet this requirement.

This ^

While I don't disagree that some people might do it on purpose, a lot of people are just unaware of the chaos it might cause and just because they're driving slow doesn't mean that they are blocking, I remember long time ago someone was pulling a heavy load in C-D and going so slow up a hill. People were honking him and some decided to overtake when safe, either way if that person got reported it shouldn't guarantee a ban.

I have been threatened with being reported for blocking when I was doing 80 Km/h (not even near the C-D area). The player behind was coming full speed, couldn't overtake at that moment so had to hit the brakes and stay behind for a while. Idiots will report idiotic things. It doesn't mean that these reports will be accepted.

ON-TOPIC: We all (or most of us) know that the C-D road is trolls' paradise, taking a 61 tons cargo there with an underpowered truck as an excuse to go too slow is just another way of trolling. If it's "a challenge", there are a lot of other places to go for it, even a lot more difficult. You want a challenge? Get a 310 HP Iveco, the Locomotive as cargo, go down one of those quarry roads that are pretty common in the map, turn around at the bottom, stop and try to go up again. Challenge, way harder than the C-D road, but in a non-collisions area so no one can be annoyed by that.

Care to elaborate how honking at or telling another player to drive faster would violate paragraph 1.3?

Just like I said above: "you will most likely being honked through the whole trip." A continuous horn spam for minutes, sounds fun and enjoyable and following the rules for you?

I expect from you as a game moderator to work with evidence, and not with suspicions or probabilities.

Of course, we need to see the actual footage and decide whether there is a need of a punishment. But we are talking about hateful drivers like those people in a "manner level", not in a "law/punishment level". Being selfish may not violating any rules, but does that mean I can't blame them being selfish? If slower means safer, and driving at a speed that is completely different from the traffic flow, and shouldn't be blamed, then there is no need to set up a speed limit. The speed limit is of course, not to enforce you to stick with that no matter what, but people decides the speed limit pointing out that you can safely drive through this part of the road and they are not suck at keeping at the speed limit, but wanted to drive slower than it had to. I never say they should be banned, neither the OP so I don't see why are you overreacting to my comments.

OP is just trying to encourage them to do that on a less crowded road and I encourage them to do that in our Arcade servers. Even if they didn't break the rules, from the perspective of taking care of other road users, they are just as selfish as other 110 km/h trolls on C-D road in my opinion. If I see a speed limit, my vehicle can go at that kind of speed, and my skill can handle to keep up with the speed, I'd stick with the speed limit. It's safer for not just me, but everyone else on the road. That's it.

---

And by the way, it seems the truck configurator thinks normal cargo maxes at about 8t or something and lower torque transmission is for heavy cargo, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I have been pulling a 61t with a 730 hp Scania V8 on the Milano Mountain Pass connecting Milan and in-between Zurich and Innsbruck. My truck couldn't climb that hill. It's because of the 6-gear transmission and couldn't get enough torque and power even for the 1st gear. Thus, pulling a heavy cargo, 12-gear transmission is basically a MUST and by installing that transmission, you should see the figure in Truck Analysis changed quite a lot. I used the same truck configuration with 520 hp V8 and 12-gear transmission, I cleared that hill with ease.

17 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

I have been pulling a 61t with a 730 hp Scania V8 on the Milano Mountain Pass connecting Milan and in-between Zurich and Innsbruck. My truck couldn't climb that hill. It's because of the 6-gear transmission and couldn't get enough torque and power even for the 1st gear. Thus, pulling a heavy cargo, 12-gear transmission is basically a MUST and by installing that transmission, you should see the figure in Truck Analysis changed quite a lot. I used the same truck configuration with 520 hp V8 and 12-gear transmission, I cleared that hill with ease.

Sorry, I did not take 6-speed Allison into account, those are just joke when it comes to heavy cargo due to wide gaps between gears, especially first gear.

What I mean is the comparison between  12-speed transmissions (not 12+2 or 16-speed), which seems to always favor the one with lower differntial ratio (of the drive axles) for heavy cargo and better hills traversal.

I know this is because low gear ratios difference, but in the long run it should perform worse, just because it is paired with worse axle differential, which we can't choose independetly (game's simplification, along with missing transmission options compared to reality).

Take Volvo ATO2812 as example, it's even implied this transmission is designed for max torque of 2812Nm, which is output of 540hp engines.

540 hp with 12-gear transmission sounds realistic and should be able to pull everything except some Special Transport cargoes. I have trucks with 6-gear transmission with lower HP because I won't pull anything, and I simply love the instant gear change. If I need to aim for maximum speed and hauling power, I would bring my high powered (500 hp+) 12-gear truck. So, driving with an underpowered truck on crowded areas is never in my option.

It also means I would at least drive my Scania S520 V8 with 12-gear transmission to pull a 61t.

I did a few runs through the CD road with the 310 HP Iveco and 61t locomotive recently. I know others mention there are better challenges for it elsewhere and sure there are roads like the 2 lane twisty roads in the Alps in Switzerland that have some big hills and bring a bigger challenge when it comes to climbing them but I think CD road brings the biggest challenge overall because you need to deal with crazy players who overtake without hesitation and you need to drive very defensively. 

I was being considerate when doing the challenge though and I did stuff like pulling over occasionally in places where it makes sense to so people can pass by me, like where I don't need to gain speed for a hill and if I was going slow anyway, if I was going too slow on a hill I would pull over and climb the hill from the side of the road, and if someone is overtaking me in a bad spot and there is someone coming I move as far to the right as I can to prevent a crash which would slow me down. 

Although for good reason, I haven't done it anymore recently though, I only did a few runs in December but it's fun to try out every once in awhile. If you haven't seen my thread on that check it out: 

There are quite a bit of tips that I put on there that you can use to make it less frustrating on both you and other players. I also have a video on it, not a great video but it's better than nothing and gives a good idea on how to drive very defensively during this challenge.

I have driven 100k km with 5 axle low loader all over the map, my truck&trailer stability settings are very low, after SCS redesigned low loader and low bed trailers, started with 6x4 Scania S520 12+2, quickly went for 730, it just wasn't that great for heavier loads, the trailer alone weighs about 18t, add that cargo and you are hauling well over 80t.  I mean you can still do with 520hp quite comfortably, I invite you to try it out, you won't get anywhere fast and you will crawl up hills, heck I did even with 730hp and I would't drive faster than 80km/h with that setup and people would honk at me and brake check me expecting me to accelerate like superbike or stop and turn on a dime.

I guess people I see racing around with locomotives and milling machines have maxed stability, save edited trailer weight or both. Or hacks, in the worst scenario, sometimes the things some people are able to do is just mind boggling (not speaking of obvious speed hackers).

As for the challenge, I have to deal with crazy people everywhere, I wouldn't go there even with empty trailer.

6 hours ago, Miyu* said:

Just like I said above: "you will most likely being honked through the whole trip." A continuous horn spam for minutes, sounds fun and enjoyable and following the rules for you?

As far as I understand it, this still doesn't violate paragraph 1.3, which refere to the inappropriate usage of the report and communication system.

6 hours ago, Miyu* said:

I never say they should be banned, neither the OP so I don't see why are you overreacting to my comments.

Sadly, this is a completely wrong evaluation of my post. Unless thoughts and opinions which you don't agree with are overreactions for you...

On 1/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, acesteely20 said:

Why do people with low HP trucks try and pull the heavy loads, especially the 62T train.

Yes i know it pays well and it can be fun to do but and everyone wants to do it but I have witnessed so many people have problems with it on C-D road especially on the hill coming from Duisburg intersection

A little tip from me is that if you want to try it, Maybe try it off the C-D road first so you know how it handles and how to drive it without causing problems

because people can't go fast anymore ( speed limit ) so they found a way to go slow and have fun .

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

First off, I'd like to thank you for participating on forum activities. We really appreciate that.

As Forum Moderator, we have to archive inactive topics for a better organization on the forum.

Since your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, So I have to archive this topic to our Archive section.

If you have any questions, please let me know via DMs.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Caernage

TruckersMP Staff - Community Moderation Team ( Forum Moderator )

//Locked & Moved to Archive.

Archived