Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Steering problem

Turbo Diesel V8

Question

Hello,
I have a problem with steering, especially with very low steering sensitivity, I mean it is very hard to turn. My steering sensivity in game setting is set to full. I'm using steering wheel, but on keyboard it's the same. I even cant do 90 degrees curve with 50km/h.

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8
TURBODIZELV8.jpg.363cb9585bf0b06e25497844a12d0ddf.jpg

10 answers to this question

Turbo,

I'd suggest you go back to Options > Controls, and look for an option called "Controller subtype". It should be set to "Wheel". If it's set to "Gamepad, joystick", that could be causing a problem.
Additionally, go to Options > Keys & Buttons, and unassign both "Steering left" and "Steering right", so that the wheel itself is only configured in Controls. You can reassign the keys to the keyboard later, for when you drive with that peripheral.

Edited by MXL94305CP
Added more information.
  • Like 1

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

And what's you wheel's rotation angle? Those steering and non-linearity settings work as a charm for me with a 900 degrees Logitech wheel, but if the wheel has less than that, you'll need to tweak those values. Additionally, you can set the game's wheel animation to match the rotation of your hardware one in Options - Gameplay - Truck Settings "Steering animation range".

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And what's you wheel's rotation angle? Those steering and non-linearity settings work as a charm for me with a 900 degrees Logitech wheel, but if the wheel has less than that, you'll need to tweak those values. Additionally, you can set the game's wheel animation to match the rotation of your hardware one in Options - Gameplay - Truck Settings "Steering animation range".

So, maybe that's a problem, because i have kind of racing wheel with rotation 170 degrees... But even if my steering wheel rotation is small, why then while pplaying on keyboard it turns with the same power?

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8

15 minutes ago, Crіtіcal said:

Hello there!

Has your question been answered with the above suggestion?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue, helps us keep the forum organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards,
Critical
TruckersMP - Support

Hello,
It's hasn't been answered yeet, but I think I'm close to the solve of my problem

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8

1 hour ago, Crіtіcal said:

Hello there!

Has your question been answered with the above suggestion?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue, helps us keep the forum organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards,
Critical
TruckersMP - Support

So, You was right, it was set up for "joystick", and I've changed it to steering wheel, but... Now it's hardly-playable. I'll try to set it up. Anyways, I got what I wanted, thanks for help!

• Awesome! 1

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8

Hello there, 

We are glad to hear that your problem has been solved.  
Thank you, to all who participated. Have a great day!  

Kind Regards,
Caramba2412 
TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and Moved to Solved. 

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader