Do you have a driving license ? (any type) Does it improves your gaming experience ?

victorleung070

Do you have a driving license (any type)   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a driving license (any type)

• Yes
    • No

Yes it does improve my experience.

I have gotten my manual LGV license a year ago. I feel I have better control to the truck in game now. I turn better without crashing or offing my lane and I am able drive straight on the road but before it was like a S shape. Moreover, especially parking, before that, I was frustrated by parking and just had have skipped. I could not turn the truck into the space. But I am able to park within 3-4 attempts now. My parking and driving skills really have a huge improvement.

One unintended change is that I have more patience to the reckless behavior, like pulling out suddenly. Maybe because I face more idiots in real life ?

And, how about you?

I do have a driver's B license, it allows the user to drive cars up to 3500 Kg and hook an up to 750 Kg trailer, motorcycles, tricycles or quads limited to 125 cc engines with up to 11 Kw power. Also, some other construction or agriculture machinery, as long as they can't exceed 40 Km/h. It didn't really give me any advantage for the game, but only because I didn't get it until a couple of years ago and by that time, I already had a lot of hours in ETS2. It could be said that ETS2 helped me get the real driver's license easier... 

I

21 minutes ago, acesteely20 said:

weirdly yes it does improve my experience because i drive or at least try my best to drive as in real life

I also believe playing driving games helps learning driving. When I first learn driving, I already know the basics of a car, such as signaling, rules, steering etc.

From my experience, I can feel the differences between me and other learners. Since I am from Hong Kong, the driving exam route is fixed. It is easy to tell the difference. (Anyway do not consider fixed route is easy, the rate for passing the exam in the first time is only 30% around all classes of cars) While I can feel many learners driving so slow, like around 25-30 km/h and I can go 40-45 confidently. They always overturn and occupying the others spaces while turning. I cannot say I drive so well, but I can feel driving games do give me a foundation and enable me to pass the exam easier.

BTW, one interesting thing happen on me is that, I turned my light good vehicle as bus/truck as I also dedicated in OMSI. It makes me somtimes overturn when I first learnt to drive. I was always too far to the curb at that time. I needed around 3-4 lessons to adapt the 'length' of the LGV....... (In fact, I stopped playing OMSI/ETS to avoid that before have had my exam......)

Possession of a driving licence of any kind at least ensures that you have the knowledge of driving rules, road signage, etc., so that is definitely a help.

Driving and getting used to a vehicle just takes practice.

I have heard of stories that the games actually helped some people pass CPC training, I don't claim to be a perfect driver or that I would be able to just jump in a real truck right away, but it would probably be much easier after so many kilometres in the game. As a bonus, I have a lot more respect and consideration for trucks and other heavy vehicles. 

On a side note. I have also seen some of the worst driving in the game performed by real life truck drivers, or at least they claimed to be.

I don't have a driving license and I personally feel that there is still a big difference between the game and reality. For example, when I start a vehicle, I press w in the game and it starts automatically, in reality it takes a lot of steps to start, in the game there will be the same place as in reality.

Yes I have the drivers licence since 2020. 

I own the class B and I am allowed to drive normal cars. In future I would like to get the drivers licence for trucks (CE) 

In my opinion the drivers licence do not improve the basic driving skills (steering, accelerating, braking). 

But the licence improved my foresight driving a lot. You can nearly adapt every experience form the real life driving to the game. 

You must not forget that virtual driving and real life driving are completely different things. 

While I am driving without any accidents in real life, I crash some things in ets anyway in my daily life xD

I thing even good experience in Ets would not help much if you want to learn on a real life truck,  because gaming is a pure theoretical stuff. 

I've had ATS & ETS2 for just over a year at this point. But I think it's the opposite to OP for me. Having this game has helped me get my licence, It has taught me so much about driving that I don't think I'd be where I'm at right now driving IRL without playing. Keeping in mind I've only had my licence (Learners) for just over a month.

Warmest reguards, J Stuff

Driver for Prime Logistics ?

spacer.png

I played ETS 2 before I had a driving licence. I dont think that my ingame or in RL skills were improved because of that ?

Eng:

I think I'm the real one, when it isn't true then don't say it to others! ?

GER:

Ich glaube ich bin der Echte, wenn nicht, dann sag's keinem weiter psssssst ?

So i have a drivers license. But i played ETS2 and ATS before i got one. Driving in game did not really help me much when it came to driving in real life. And getting a drivers license hasent change much for me in game either. I have always driven very safely and i already knew a lot of the road rules, even before i got a license. But that poll says that 87% of people that voted has a drivers licence of some sort. But as a moderator, i find that hard to believe looking at the way some people drive in game and on the CD road. You would think having a drivers license would make you a better driver in game as you should know the rules and the dangers of driving. But apparently that is not the case. I hope they drive better in real life than they do in game. 

Archived