Minimal speed

Turbo Diesel V8

I can't say about that specific road. In Spain, you can't drive on a highway if your vehicle can't keep at least 60 Km/h. On other roads, it's 50% of the posted limit, so the minimum in an 80 Km/h limited road would be 40 Km/h. This 50% minimums are not "hard coded" though, it's more of a recommendation than a rule. To know about the C-D road you'd need to go through the traffic laws in France, Netherlands and Germany, IIRC, to see what they say (or if they say anything) about minimum speeds.

• Community Manager

Hey! Great question. I've personally engaged in a similar topic regarding this matter. While it is not an exact rule to go slower than the posted speed limit, if you are deemed purposely doing it, then it could be classed as blocking. Brake checking is defined as slamming your brakes in front of a person in a malicious way to cause issues, which is deemed reckless driving and potentially blocking if the person brake checking continues to remain in front of the other person. As said above, it is more of a recommendation to do the speed limit on that road as there will always be people going 110 km/h. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

There are no minimum speed limits, only maximum speed limits, but you are not obliged to keep driving at maximum allowed speed if you are unable for whatever reason (simple natural laws for example). Besides, there are numerous bends and curves where you absolutely need to slow down to remain on all wheels or within a lane, but that is rarely an issue for general C-D road population.

IRL, minimum speed limits exist on highways, but only to keep away vehicles that are not legally allowed to reach them, such as agricultural or forestry tractors, these limits vary from country to country.

So there is no limit to how slow you can go. And on highways it dosent matter if you are going slow as the highway has two or more lanes. and so if you are slow in the right lane people can just go past you in the other lane. But if you and a friend is driving next to each other at 50km/h on the highway and not moving if someone comes and wants to drive faster and go past you, then you are blocking the road. But i cant really see why you would want to drive 50km/h on the highway anyway. On the CD road the speed limit is 60km/h in most places. In other areas its 50km/h and 80km/h but for most of it its 60km/h. So if you are driving 60km/h on the CD road, you are doing nothing wrong. Even if you are going lets say 50km/h its not a problem. If you are intentionally going 20km/h down the road, and if a moderator catches you doing that you might be asked why you are doing so and might be told to drive a little faster. Cause if we suspect that you are intentionally driving 20km/h on the CD road to annoy people you might get in trouble. But you can not get in trouble for driving the speed limit. And if people wanna drive faster then thats their problem.

While no defined minimum speed applies e.g. on the road between Duisburg and Calais, you are required to drive in a way that no other player is unnecessary impeded.

This can require you (but isn't limited to) to drive at the very outer shoulder of the road or even stop your vehicle at a safe location and let following traffic pass.

2 hours ago, Bangshuai6 said:

My personal advice is to set a speed of 90km/h for each player on the C-D section so that the number of violations is greatly reduced.

The C-D road is 80-50-60-50-80-50-60. A minimum speed of 90 will make absolutely no sense because:

1. Even when the road is empty, going 90 in some turns is a challenge (especially with the winter mod)
  2. There will be no "allowed" speed (upper speed limit 80 and lower limit 90, for example)
  3. It won't reduce the number of idiots overtaking (but will increase ramming as a lower speed means more time spent on a given overtake.

3 hours ago, Bangshuai6 said:

My personal advice is to set a speed of 90km/h for each player on the C-D section so that the number of violations is greatly reduced.

While lower speeds usually make it easier to control your vehicle and gives you more time to react to unforeseen events, they don't prevent players from dangerous and reckless driving, let alone violating the game rules.

To follow or not follow rules is an individual  decision that every player has to make.

^^ Not in Spain. And from what I have read, not in many other European countries. It would be good to know where you got that information from.

Also, "nobody drives 60 on a country road" is a very heavy statement. The fact that you don't do something doesn't imply that no one else does. If I'm driving on a 60 Km/h limited road, I'll drive 60 tops, of course, both in real life and in the game. I find it weird, how so many people use "nobody", "everyone", "the community", etc. to speak of things that they do or want, instead of using "me, myself and I" (© De La Soul ?).

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ Not in Spain. And from what I have read, not in many other European countries. It would be good to know where you got that information from.

Also, "nobody drives 60 on a country road" is a very heavy statement. The fact that you don't do something doesn't imply that no one else does. If I'm driving on a 60 Km/h limited road, I'll drive 60 tops, of course, both in real life and in the game. I find it weird, how so many people use "nobody", "everyone", "the community", etc. to speak of things that they do or want, instead of using "me, myself and I" (© De La Soul ?).

driving 60 on a countryroad is one of the reason why truckers are so unpopular by the society... if you are a good trucker, know the road and know your vehicle you drive faster than 60 for god sake and remember this is a mf game and not reallife.

in austria is even 70 and we can drive 89 here and police doesnt care... in germany we drive 78 because they normally wont say anything till 80 kmh...

And surely there are truckers doing 160 Km/h on highways, we've all seen those Youtube videos. Some crazy idiots don't make the word "truckers". Same as a bunch of haters don't make "Society". No matter how well you know your vehicle and the road you're driving on, you can never know what's going on at that moment ahead of your vehicle and out of your sight. You can never know what the vehicle  behind, ahead or coming on the other lane is going to do next. When you go fast, you have less time to react in case of an emergency, when you react, your vehicle will move a longer distance when you brake, the chance that the vehicle or the trailer skid are higher. IRL, of course, in the game, most speeders just set their stabilities and brakes at maximum, so driving the vehicle is like driving a train. And yet, so many people crash in the game, because of going too fast.

All these things are what a good trucker knows and takes into consideration (or should, at least, otherwise... not-so-good, IMO).

And something that Society knows (or should, at least) is that without trucks and truckers, the only way to deliver goods at certain places would be... Animals hauling carts, like not so long ago. Which, by the way, would be way slower than any trucks...

1 hour ago, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

driving 60 on a countryroad is one of the reason why truckers are so unpopular by the society... if you are a good trucker, know the road and know your vehicle you drive faster than 60 for god sake and remember this is a mf game and not reallife.

in austria is even 70 and we can drive 89 here and police doesnt care... in germany we drive 78 because they normally wont say anything till 80 kmh...

They've got a point though, a lot of people follow speed limits..

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived