Fatal error whenever I'm in a populated area

freddiebox

Question

It doesn't matter what area or city, as long as it got a population of around ten+ players. The game will at random just freeze for approximately 15 seconds or more and then crash to the desktop with the fatal error message. Sometimes if lucky the game returns to normal after a couple of seconds frozen, but only to repeat the same over and over again until I leave the populated area. Some people also seem to have this problem but with more serious consequences, e.g. display drivers stop working, BSODs, etc.

Windows 7 64-bit

2GB GTX760

i5-4440 3.10GHz

8GB RAM

76561198004601492.png

Show us the crash log pls :)

I don't have a crash log of the most recent crash caused by this as I have been avoiding unnecessarily highly populated cities lately due to this, but I will make sure to post it when I crash again. :)

Define populated - Rotterdam populated or a 10 person town populated?

It doesn't matter what area or city, as long as it got a population of around ten+ players. It happens at random.

76561198004601492.png

Do you have hugh amount of programs that are running in the back ground?

I have notest that ets2 can use allot of ram memory i did have that problem crashing at rotterdam

Now i have closed some background programs it works for me tho

No, nothing extremely huge that would slow down or affect other applications.

76561198004601492.png

Here here! Same problem here as well. It will definitely crash on EU1 when entering the Rotterdam area, though on EU2 you can drive around a bit more, but a crash is inevitable for both servers.

It even happens spontaneously. Once i was turning into a pickup/dropoff warehouse, and just as I was entering it, it freezed, then crashed.

The UK is a barren wasteland. Might only play there.

• Upvote 1

Hello Freddiebox,

What causes it is your PC/laptop having to load so many textures and graphics all in the one go, which is why when you enter a large city, your game tends to slow down (lag). The fix for this could mean upgrading your graphics card, ram or VGA. Possibly even your operating system as I see you run Windows 7. Depending on how old your computer is, it will continue to cause issues through its time. It could also be as simple as a computer tuneup or defrag. If you look into any sort of computer changing, you may want to thoroughly read what everything does, as no one else will take responsiblity if your computer completely stops. If you cannot afford or wish to change anything, you may just have to stick out of travelling into populated areas.

Hope this helps, Cal

Calhon.jpg AVTC1 Owner - Calhon

Hello Freddiebox,

What causes it is your PC/laptop having to load so many textures and graphics all in the one go, which is why when you enter a large city, your game tends to slow down (lag). The fix for this could mean upgrading your graphics card, ram or VGA. Possibly even your operating system as I see you run Windows 7. Depending on how old your computer is, it will continue to cause issues through its time. It could also be as simple as a computer tuneup or defrag. If you look into any sort of computer changing, you may want to thoroughly read what everything does, as no one else will take responsiblity if your computer completely stops. If you cannot afford or wish to change anything, you may just have to stick out of travelling into populated areas.

Hope this helps, Cal

Okay, don´t like you own post ;) His computer will handle ets2 verry good if you red his first post. Im maybe with Warrior, somtimes ets2mp tends to eat ram. I´ve got this issue to, close backround programs/ buy one more RAM stick and this problem will be gone!

Okay, don´t like you own post ;) His computer will handle ets2 verry good if you red his first post. Im maybe with Warrior, somtimes ets2mp tends to eat ram. I´ve got this issue to, close backround programs/ buy one more RAM stick and this problem will be gone!

Someone suggested closing background apps but Freddiebox replied with there isn't any that eat up much memory.

Calhon.jpg AVTC1 Owner - Calhon

if you press Ctrl alt del and activate task master you will be able to see how much ram you use normally

i have 6gb of ram normally i use like 40-50% ram depend on the programs that are running

now when i enter ets2mp the ram will go up to 70-80%

i have also notest that google chrome have several background programs running that eat also much ram

so i did test it again now with all the programs closed with minimum open i got 30-40% normal and when i get ingame 60-70%

so in this you have 2 choices buy more ram or close all the programs that eat allot of ram and they are not just random programs

but you see that when you press Ctrl alt del  

@ #BEL miniME

it's 50/50 i think but i have notice since latest update i did have not have any crashes at populated areas

and also did look to my ram consumption and notice also that my ram wasn't that high as before i played ets2mp

but again i did had less programs running at that time