Behind the Scenes: Game Moderation Team in 2021

Jeroen

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks for this super well designed report. ?  It's very interesting information and gives everyone a good view on the crazy amount of work Mods have to deal with.

That said, in my opinion, and from what I'm reading, I think the big majority of people are not complaining/arguing about how hard/lazy mods/staff are. There is no question about it, you guys work quite hard and, since you are all volunteers, nobody should expect you to spend more time on all these tasks.

However, what many people are talking about, and what this report is actually raising, is the efficiency of the sanctions and the system itself.

Obviously TMP is becoming more and more popular with the time, but I think there are other reasons why we see soooo many reports. I see that we have 307K bans in a year. How many distinct active users/players do we have on TMP? Surely with 307K bans many players have been banned MANY times, probably permanently, and created new accounts? Have we thought about reducing the number of bans before getting permanently banned? Or having much longer bans? Any ways to prevent people from creating new accounts after a ban?

Also, I see 1.4 million reports in total. That's HUUUUUGE. If you compare the total number of processed reports (482K) with the number of bans (307K) that means ~6 reports out of 10 are actually justified which is great ? This might already be in place (I don't know all the rules by heart and I'm not really worried about them since I'm a good respectful driver ?), but, in order to have less unjustified reports, can't we also give bans to people doing several/regular completely unjustified reports? This would help mods life as they would have less reports to process in the future. The same applies to appeals!

I know it's easier to talk than act, but I just wanted to check if we are even thinking about these questions?

These bans are lot than i expected.. Respect to those guys who were banned permamently by low system requiement issues and others, other... I feel sad for them, I like that admins/or moderators are not having brain, for example one of my friend were banned due NOTHING... How impossible)) After a while he was unbanned for some reason and i feel happy..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting info. so many bans and event statistics for whole year. its cool. lot of work to be done behind scene. specially the in game bans issued. It shows how active the moderators have been. i wonder why month of may had the highest ban

spacer.png                                                    

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your provide all the information and data for 2021,
I suggest that in the game to improve processing speed, reduce the pressure on the club's official website, this will let players don't follow the rules, more vigilant, otherwise the spoils

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • James locked this topic