Behind the Scenes: Game Moderation Team in 2021

Jeroen

Huge respect to Truckers MP, especially for Moderation team who are the real heroes and face of TruckersMP. 
The above records tells us the true hard work of TruckersMP dealing with the game and also the work of every individual staff member working behind the screen and resulting truckers MP as a best for ever multiplayer for all fans of Euro Truck Simulator 2 And American Truck Simulator.
I wish congratulations for Truckers MP community members and hope the community grow much bigger in no time and gain lot of fan base with more content for all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

Thank you for your hard work to make the game environment more harmonious. ?

Through this introduction, I have a deeper understanding of you, and I look forward to being fortunate enough to join you and make your own contribution to a good game environment.

• Business Analyst
13 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

Its sad to see that TMP doesn't think making an appeal to apologise is an acceptable reason to appeal. Just being banned is not always the best way of making people learn their lesson. If I was able to apologise and show TMP I learnt my mistake on a minor incident, I would somewhat expect to have the appeal accepted.

The comment you quoted was in relation the magnitude of reports, not about bans. A proportion of the reports that we receive is not really necessary. As you have now seen, we receive a very large number of reports in a year and it would thus help us if we could prevent people from reporting stuff to us that is not really worth it. We can then focus on activities where our focus is needed more. In regard to ban appeals, we friendly request users to create an appeal only if they have a solid reason to question the validity of the ban. Apologising is of course not forbidden and we respect it when people learn from their mistakes, but it also implies your guilt. As we do not remove bans that were issued correctly, apologising and thus confirming your guilt will therefore not result in an accepted appeal. If we would remove bans after people would simply apologise, it would be rather pointless to issue bans in the first place.

13 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

I wonder how accepted it would be to see the GM or even the whole teams figures every month? EG support tickets dealt with etc

I don't think sharing this sort of information every month would be beneficial as it will get old rather quickly. Rather, I personally think it would be cool to share an annual overview that involves the entire TruckersMP team. The ideas are out there, what remains is a proper implementation. I will do my best to set something like that up for next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I really enjoyed reading this, as although the Game Moderation has a very high in-game presence, some of their activities on the website etc are less visible, so this was a great insight!

Thank you very much for providing this :truestory:, as it helps to show just how much goes on "behind the scenes" that might otherwise be overlooked!

:woah:

• Like 2

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

Keep up the good work boys & girls ?

#REDTEAM

||| Hi ?, i'm Alex(b'89) a.k.a. Spartanul007 and proud Romanian ?? |||

||| Don't be shy, hit that +rep  button |||

???
Read the rules before you start playing.

New to TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section.

Wanna learn about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, head over to the Guides section.

Wanna join a Virtual Trucking Company(VTC) or start a new one, go here.

Please read "HOW TO USE THE REPORT SYSTEM" before submitting a report.

Please read "HOW TO USE THE BAN APPEAL SYSTEM" article before creating an appeal.

20210527224804_1.jpg20211218000601_1.jpg20211226221309_1.jpg20220121002428_1.jpg20220122235923_1.jpg20220123165948_1.jpg

| News | Polls & Surveys | Server Status | Map | Traffic | Meet the Team | Recruitment Patreon Wall of Fame | COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTORS | FeedbackCommunity Events | 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:03 PM, DJ Jefferz said:

Its sad to see that TMP doesn't think making an appeal to apologise is an acceptable reason to appeal. Just being banned is not always the best way of making people learn their lesson. If I was able to apologise and show TMP I learnt my mistake on a minor incident, I would somewhat expect to have the appeal accepted.

Then with thi

So the problem here is if you get reported by web for a small offence and get banned your appeal will be declined if you write and apologise and recognise the mistake you made for getting banned but if you break the rules in game and apologise to the player and they decide not to report you for it, then it's fine. A little bit contridicting in my view.

However, I do realise the GM team do put a huge amount of work into their duties, remembering my time from when I was a GM myself. It is interesting to see the figures and it gives a much clearer perspective. I wonder how accepted it would be to see the GM or even the whole teams figures every month? EG support tickets dealt with etc

So if you got banned, the reasoning is that you did something wrong that meant you should be banned x days for it. Even if its a small thing. The appeal system, as its called, is for appealing your ban. If you think your ban is wrong. As in if you where wrongly banned. If you broke the rules and got banned, you where not wrongly banned, you where banned within the rules. Apologising is not proving that you where wrongly banned. Just like in real life, if you appeal a jail sentence, going up to the judge in your court appeal and say i am very sorry for what i did, is not gonna get you out of jail. And even if you did not mean to brake the rules, you somehow did anyway. And if you where banned x days for something, if you learned from it, then you will not be banned again, cause you wont brake the rules again.  And it is also like that so to not waste the moderators time.

In regards to web report bans VS in game report bans. So if you are reported on the website you will get a ban if you broke the rules (in most cases anyway). Now if you broke the rules in game and you said sorry and the person did not report you you would not be reported and most likely not banned. As we as moderators often need the reports in order to ban people. In most cases, but not in all. Cause lets say you brake the rules and say sorry to the user you rammed and they decide not to report you, but a moderator sees you ram that user, there is a high chance that you will be banned anyway even if the user you hit did not report you. Cause then we as moderators saw you brake the rules and so you would get banned. But we would have to be there to see you do it. We cant ban you if we dont have evidence of you braking the rules or if we did not catch you brake the rules. So there is no contradicting in that. 

• Upvote 5

Interesting figures of and insight into the work of the game moderation team.

The high number of reports and bans is alarming and saddening.

Why do so many players violate the game rules?

Improving the punishment system however is only a mean to get in better control of the reports. In the first place, there must be a dialog with the community to educate players, to minimize or at best prevent the emergence of conflicts.

How can we accomplish that?

• Upvote 3

Great job out there!

Have you considered reducing 95% of appeals by warning players about possible ban extension (for example by additional 50%) in specific cases of invalid appeal? I refer to "appealing your ban for no real reason, spamming things unrelated to your punishment, blaming other individuals or human/hardware errors, or asking for another chance" from the guide.

Thank you for the information and information. Keep up the good work!

Best Regards  Deli | Yürek TruckersMP Player

:tmp: Languages spoken: English, Turkish, German official language Turkish :110:

🇬🇧Rules | Meet the Team  | Recruitment  | Knowledge base system  | Support  | Feedback  | 

🇹🇷  | Kurallar  | Takımla Tanışın  | İşe Alım  | Bilgi Tabanı Sistemi  | Destek  | Geri Bildirimler  | 

🇩🇪 | Regeln | Triff das Team | Rekrutierung | Wissensbasissystem | Unterstützung | Feedback

10a544fc-1f0d-4c62-b6f0-432c007b834c.png.47c170e679ba540706466808a24df264.png