VTC Job Tracker

NightBIade

Suggestion Name: 
VTC Job Tracker

Suggestion Description:
While you are in a VTC, this tracker will track the jobs that you complete, how many miles you've done and the income of the job. This will only finish tracking when you have completed a job or cancelled it. If the job was cancelled then it won't add to the website of your VTC. It will also show how much damage you acquired while you're transporting cargo. 

Once a job has been completed, it will be displayed on your VTC page. For people who wish for this information to be private, then there will be an option given to the VTC owner to set that as an option. This will work the same as Trucksbooks but this will not require any third-party devices since it will be exclusive to TMP

If a member of your VTC is no longer the driver then the system will recognise that and remove them automatically from the job tracking panel. Therefore, you won't have to fuss around trying to remove an ex-members stats.

I do understand that my description is fairly brief, but I am sure that people who are already in VTC's or own a VTC will be able to understand what I am on about. To put it simply, this will be a mechanic that tracks your jobs and shares them on your VTC page.

Any example images:

spacer.png

Please note that the income and mileage may not be accurate, this is only a rough sketch of how it could look like on the website of your VTC.

Why should it be added?: 

First and foremost I do understand that this could take a lot of work to implement, however, I believe that this will be a helpful mechanic to add. It also eliminates the issue of using third-party software to track mileage. Understandably, there are loads of VTC's who already do this and may wish to continue doing so even if this gets implemented but there are a load of new VTC's who may not be aware of how to do it. 

As mentioned on the VTC page, it says "Improve the experience". By adding a tracker, I do believe will do just that since it is something that has been missing out in the virtual trucking community. As said earlier, I understand that this could take a lot of work to implement since not only will there be work needed to implement a tracking system but to share the results onto the website also. 

You'll also have to work on an option setting that allows VTC owners to reset the tracker since some VTCs resets their hours monthly. Realistically, this could come with a lot of grey areas and could take a lot of time to add but I do feel like once it is done it would make an amazing feature!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

• 2 years later...