[ANSWERED] [PC] will you fix duisburg's noncollision?

M E R T #5

Question

1 answer to this question

• Project Manager

Hey Mert,  

Thanks for your question.

Around 12 months ago, we added a "no collision zone" (NCZ) to the city of Duisburg. This was decided after several attempts, such as smaller map edits, to limit the chaos inside the city (eg. the moved service station, bigger fuel station, traffic lights) . I am aware that many see this chaos as a part of the TruckersMP experience and were not happy about the change. However, it massively reduced the workload of our Game Moderation team. In the weeks prior to the change, we had dozens of instances where people would block the two exists of the city and we would need to step in and remove the person. As our Game Moderation Team consists out of volunteers, we can not guarantee 24/7 live moderation of Duisburg. 

Following the feedback we received, I created a hot topic to hear your opinion and ideas:

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/102021-hot-topic-34-duisburg-no-collision-zone/

As my last comment concludes, we will remove the NCZ once we have rebuild the city to handle 150+ player traffic.

Our plan was to work on the edits in summer 2021 and release them at latest by October 2021. However, due to changes in management and availability, we had to delay this and give priority to other Add-On projects. 

I am happy to confirm that we have already agreed on a layout of the city and the editing process has started as a medium priority task.

We have a big event coming up in the next 1-2 months which requires input from our Add-On team so we won't be able to work much on this during this time. 

For me personally, this is a priority; you can be assured that we will do something about Duisburg this year and hopefully even release the edit before summer. 

I hope this answers your question. If you have any questions or would like me to clarify something, just send me a forum DM.

Have a nice week!

Luna

TruckersMP Project Coordinator

• Like 1
  • Woah! 1
  • Awesome! 5

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡