What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?

donermannko

• Community Moderation Manager

I've always been a big fan of the "old police paint job" on the scout car, which now isn't on TruckersMP anymore. So this definitely would be the thing I want to see coming back. 

skoda-police-1-1_2.jpg

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of things I miss. #1 is the collisions in the companies. You had to wait and take turns to back your trailer in. (Although probably wouldn't work anymore, due to it seems a lot of the drivers on the road is worse now. Not saying everybody, but back years ago a lot of the drivers on the road used to be a lot nicer/friendlier and wasn't driving like potatoes.) #2 is Europort backups. Me and a friend of mine always sat on the shoulder with bright red and yellow trucks, warning people of the traffic backups and to slow down, due to the backup was passed the corner. (Actually got thanked by a couple of admins for doing it. Sadly don't remember their names.) #3 Is i miss when there was no cars. Now there's tons of cars driving and always seems like half of them are bad drivers. #4 Also missed the desync launches. Getting flung 10km away at 1000 km/h due, to someones connection issues. #5 and probably final one is there was no speed limit. Not saying I raced around all the time, but when it was a very empty road on a long drive, sure i did 150km/h, but when I got near people or traffic I slowed down. It was also easier to pass people too. If they were doing 90-100 km/h you could set back a little, wait for it to clear and get a good run up to clear and pass them easier. 

I'm probably forgetting stuff that I miss. Been here since the first day ETS2MP went public. April or May of 2014. (If i remember correctly the forums reset making people create new accounts, which is why it says my join date is 2015.) I remember the turn signals not being sync'd and other members trailer wheels wasn't sync'd so they wouldn't spin. 

I miss some former staff and used to drive with them

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only been on TruckerMP for a bit more than a year. But I can already say that I will NEVER miss high (or unlimited) speed limits. This is a simulation game, there are "Arcade" servers for speeding. I don't get why people would want to race or go at 110+ km/h. That's just childish and out of topic.

That's something that bothers me the most: people not trying to play correctly as a simulation game and turning it into a racing or off-road game (I mean cutting through trees/grass) ?

Fortunately the majority of players aren't like that ?

One thing I'm already missing is the HQ event. I found it super interesting to have many people driving into another area than the C-D. Having this event again with 2-3 cities (i.e. unique cargo transfers from Manchester to Paris, Paris to Munich, Munich to Manchester) at the same time would make it even more interesting in my opinion.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, Foobrother said:

I've only been on TruckerMP for a bit more than a year. But I can already say that I will NEVER miss high (or unlimited) speed limits. This is a simulation game, there are "Arcade" servers for speeding. I don't get why people would want to race or go at 110+ km/h. That's just childish and out of topic.

That's something that bothers me the most: people not trying to play correctly as a simulation game and turning it into a racing or off-road game (I mean cutting through trees/grass) ?

Fortunately the majority of players aren't like that ?

This definition you provide of playing 'correctly' is only according to you. The game allows trucks to be driven at 160 km/h 

15 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

This definition you provide of playing 'correctly' is only according to you. The game allows trucks to be driven at 160 km/h 

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the people here are talking about things happening on the "Simulation" server?

Correct me if I'm wrong again, but ETS2 is a simulation game?

So my definition is according to the definition of "simulation". On a truck driving simulation game like ETS2, you play correctly if you respect the real life driving rules. If the road speed limit is 90km/h and you want to properly/"correctly" play simulation you respect it and drive at 90km/h max. If you want to pass someone, you wait to have space and don't pass in crazy places without any visibility etc...

Yes trucks can reach higher speeds (like in reality). But, on a "simulation" server are we trying to race with others at 140km/h on countryside roads or are we trying to reproduce real truck driving experience?!

Now, if you want to NOT play simulation and NOT respect any rule, guess what... there is a server called "Arcade" ?

50 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the people here are talking about things happening on the "Simulation" server?

Not really. They comment on what they miss the most from TMP.

Correct me if I'm wrong again, but ETS2 is a simulation game?

So my definition is according to the definition of "simulation". On a truck driving simulation game like ETS2, you play correctly if you respect the real life driving rules. If the road speed limit is 90km/h and you want to properly/"correctly" play simulation you respect it and drive at 90km/h max. If you want to pass someone, you wait to have space and don't pass in crazy places without any visibility etc...

Yes trucks can reach higher speeds (like in reality). But, on a "simulation" server are we trying to race with others at 140km/h on countryside roads or are we trying to reproduce real truck driving experience?!

Now, if you want to NOT play simulation and NOT respect any rule, guess what... there is a server called "Arcade" ?

ETS2 is a simulation game and it also allows trucks driving at high speeds. Driving at high speeds does not take away from the simulation experience as long as it doesn't involve trolling. 

Speed limit in real life is a rule to ensure the safety of people. In ETS2 where physics are far more forgiving and there's no actual harm involved, the only purpose of the speed limit is to let you know at over which speed you'll get fined.

My problem with your comment is that it puts all players who like driving in higher speeds in the same basket and assumes that everyone who likes to speed is also a troll who does not respect any rules. There are players who drive at 140-150 km/h in highways only where the road allows it so. And TMP's servers have far worse issues when it comes to reproducing real truck driving experience, like the fact that the entire map is empty and almost nobody drives outside of the C-D road radius.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Not really. They comment on what they miss the most from TMP.

But when they talk about speed limits (or other in-game rules) they talk about the "simulation" servers which are the servers where 90% of people go on.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

ETS2 is a simulation game and it also allows trucks driving at high speeds. Driving at high speeds does not take away from the simulation experience as long as it doesn't involve trolling. 

Speed limit in real life is a rule to ensure the safety of people. In ETS2 where physics are far more forgiving and there's no actual harm involved, the only purpose of the speed limit is to let you know at over which speed you'll get fined.

My problem with your comment is that it puts all players who like driving in higher speeds in the same basket and assumes that everyone who likes to speed is also a troll who does not respect any rules. There are players who drive at 140-150 km/h in highways only where the road allows it so. And TMP's servers have far worse issues when it comes to reproducing real truck driving experience, like the fact that the entire map is empty and almost nobody drives outside of the C-D road radius.

This is all true. However, many players who are speeding are not respectful or cautious/professional ones and as soon as you go out of the highways (or have tight turns) they just do silly stuff and provoke collisions. Again, there is an Arcade server why not going there if you want to drive at 150km/h?!

11 hours ago, Foobrother said:

But when they talk about speed limits (or other in-game rules) they talk about the "simulation" servers which are the servers where 90% of people go on.

There never was a Simulation Server without a speed limit. When people talk about the Speed limit, they mean a Server with Collisions enabled and no Speed limit. In the past that Server was Europe 2.

11 hours ago, Foobrother said:

This is all true. However, many players who are speeding are not respectful or cautious/professional ones and as soon as you go out of the highways (or have tight turns) they just do silly stuff and provoke collisions. Again, there is an Arcade server why not going there if you want to drive at 150km/h?!

Because there are hardly any players on the arcade. Also there are no collisions enabled on the Arcade which is the biggest factor as to why the Arcade Population is so low. Having no collisions in a multiplayer game takes away from all the interaction between players. That's why all players gather in the SImulation Server instead.

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

There never was a Simulation Server without a speed limit. When people talk about the Speed limit, they mean a Server with Collisions enabled and no Speed limit. In the past that Server was Europe 2.

If we are talking about getting another server without speed limits and keep the Simulation server as it is (or with even lower speed limits), then I'm for it too ?

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Because there are hardly any players on the arcade. Also there are no collisions enabled on the Arcade which is the biggest factor as to why the Arcade Population is so low. Having no collisions in a multiplayer game takes away from all the interaction between players. That's why all players gather in the SImulation Server instead.

I guess collisions was removed because kids were ramming into everyone? But if people are up for it, I would completely agree to have an Arcade server with collisions + no speed limits.

Problem with this setup (Simulation server with low speed limits + Arcarde server with collisions + maybe Arcade server without collisions) is that staff can't monitor all these servers. So you would probably end up with the Simulation server with much less problems/bad drivers, but these bad drivers would all go on the Arcade server with collisions and transform it into a war area. And in the end everyone would move back to the Simulation server (+the fact that people regroup to see more people).

57 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I guess collisions was removed because kids were ramming into everyone? But if people are up for it, I would completely agree to have an Arcade server with collisions + no speed limits.

From my understanding, Arcade was added for those who want to mess around and not have to worry about being banned or those who just prefer non-collision. 

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Problem with this setup (Simulation server with low speed limits + Arcarde server with collisions + maybe Arcade server without collisions) is that staff can't monitor all these servers. So you would probably end up with the Simulation server with much less problems/bad drivers, but these bad drivers would all go on the Arcade server with collisions and transform it into a war area. And in the end everyone would move back to the Simulation server (+the fact that people regroup to see more people).

It's a non-winable situation. Having an arcade server with collisions enabled would just replicate the already established Simulation servers. The Simulation servers are set to reasonable and in my opinion realistic speed limits.  This article describes this perfectly. 

Now, a collision enabled and unlimited speed Arcade server would be a good idea but would only infuriate people when they get rammed at high speeds, thus, meaning most people won't play on it.  

The best solutions are solutions that'll ease congestion in the busiest areas and on the busiest servers. For example, if they added a non-collision zone to the coke points around CD, this would reduce/remove the traffic jams in their areas

5 hours ago, Foobrother said:

If we are talking about getting another server without speed limits and keep the Simulation server as it is (or with even lower speed limits), then I'm for it too ?

4 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

From my understanding, Arcade was added for those who want to mess around and not have to worry about being banned or those who just prefer non-collision. 

It's a non-winable situation. Having an arcade server with collisions enabled would just replicate the already established Simulation servers. The Simulation servers are set to reasonable and in my opinion realistic speed limits.  This article describes this perfectly. 

Now, a collision enabled and unlimited speed Arcade server would be a good idea but would only infuriate people when they get rammed at high speeds, thus, meaning most people won't play on it.  

The best solutions are solutions that'll ease congestion in the busiest areas and on the busiest servers. For example, if they added a non-collision zone to the coke points around CD, this would reduce/remove the traffic jams in their areas

Yeah, the suggestion would be to leave the Simulation Server as is and change the Arcade Server Settings to include collisions. The thing about collisions on the arcade is that many people want a server with these settings for long time now. I understand there are a few issues with this but they can be solved if one is willing to.

If people start playing on the arcade with no speed limits + collisions the amount of reports will increase exponentially and the admins will have to shift their attention on the arcade server which is not the goal. So, i think the solution for this problem is to adjust the reporting system in the Arcade Server and remove all the Reckless driving reasons from the system.

11 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

If people start playing on the arcade with no speed limits + collisions the amount of reports will increase exponentially and the admins will have to shift their attention on the arcade server which is not the goal. So, i think the solution for this problem is to adjust the reporting system in the Arcade Server and remove all the Reckless driving reasons from the system.

That wouldn't work. You cannot eradicate reckless/bad drivers. On the current Arcade server, all road rules are ignored and collisions disabled, which is the best of both worlds. You can't be impacted and cannot impact others. The moment you change that up and remove all resemblance to order and peace, you'll have chaos.  Removing people's ability to report people will cause utter mayhem. 

Simulation servers do just that, simulate. Should that fact change, it wouldn't be a simulator anymore and more a hellish collection of terrible experiences. 

Plus, there is no point in changing a server when it'll reduce the number of people on there. The only part of your suggestions I can see working is "Remove speed limits on Arcade". This would be fun and would allow for more exhilarating races etc... You could probably suggest that here

Archived