Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?

donermannko

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Yeah and you're claiming that the rules that apply in these two servers don't make an impact to the playerbase which is false. I'm telling you again nobody wants to drive in a server where trolling is allowed.

A server's settings have nothing to do with the rules that may or may not be enforced on that server. I don't where you've got the evidence for your claims, however, you're mistaken. The difference in settings on the Freeroam server compared to the Simulation servers hasn't enticed more people to join it. Yes, fewer rules may be enforced on that server, but that is not what we're saying. 

To clarify, the settings we're comparing are:

• Collisions enabled - Collisions enabled
  • Speed Limits Disabled - Speed Limits Enabled 

In that case you don't even acknowledge the problem which is the population decline, so there's no point to continue this discussion between us.

I've acknowledged the population decline on multiple occasions. The evidence doesn't comply with your theory. Since Covid somewhat concluded, the numbers have gone down. That's obvious. RTS doesn't have any effect on this fact. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first i found. If your suggestion was about a more simulation-oriented server structure like RTS, then they're comparable. To be honest, I don't know what exactly was your suggestion but claiming that it was RTS, has the same foundation as the one i posted which is to modify the (main) server to a more simulation-oriented environment.

Maybe you should read it, then, and (maybe) you will realize how ridiculous the comparison is. How is that suggestion you posted anything like what RtS came to be? Or is it that you only read the title too (with "Simulation" in it) and guessed the rest?

Everyone acknowledges the decline in the number of players. It's you who seem to ignore deliberately that this decline only started with SCS Convoys, not with Road to Simulation. And that turning back to what it used to be before RtS won't have any impact on those players who switched to Convoys. Do you really think that they'd come back only because they can go faster now, when they can do the same thing in their Convoys without reckless drivers, trolls, rammers, rules or bans?

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Everyone acknowledges the decline in the number of players. It's you who seem to ignore deliberately that this decline only started with SCS Convoys, not with Road to Simulation. And that turning back to what it used to be before RtS won't have any impact on those players who switched to Convoys. Do you really think that they'd come back only because they can go faster now, when they can do the same thing in their Convoys without reckless drivers, trolls, rammers, rules or bans?

35 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

I've acknowledged the population decline on multiple occasions. The evidence doesn't comply with your theory. Since Covid somewhat concluded, the numbers have gone down. That's obvious. RTS doesn't have any effect on this fact. 

I have acknowledged that the player decline started with Convoy.

But, also you need to remember that Convoy and TMP are different games to their cores. TMP is a massive multiplayer game, which Convoy would never become. The only players that wouldn't return to TMP because of Convoy are those who played TMP out of necessity and Convoy gave them a better alternative. Those who enjoy a more casual experience in TMP Servers would definitely return and those who wouldn't be discouraged by TMP's Simulation-only policy would also play. Wider audience approach, that's all. 

29 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

A server's settings have nothing to do with the rules that may or may not be enforced on that server. I don't where you've got the evidence for your claims, however, you're mistaken. The difference in settings on the Freeroam server compared to the Simulation servers hasn't enticed more people to join it. Yes, fewer rules may be enforced on that server, but that is not what we're saying. 

Not going to get into that discussion with you. Told you why multiple times, you're comparing a no-rules Server with a rules-server and claim that they're the same based on two settings. By your theory, if you put a speed limit on the Free roam you have a Simulation Server.

12 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Those who enjoy a more casual experience in TMP Servers would definitely return and those who wouldn't be discouraged by TMP's Simulation-only policy would also play. Wider audience approach, that's all. 

Too many of "those who enjoy a more casual experience in TMP servers" seem to be like "I don't care if someone rams me even on purpose" and/or "I don't care if I ram someone". If they weren't, like I've said in multiple ocasions, they'd be filling up the arcade servers. I don't want those people in the same server where I'm trying to deliver a cargo without damage, even less if they can go a lot faster than me, making it easier for them to "enjoy their casual experience" when it will mean destroying my (and many other players') experience. Besides, who's to say that allowing higher speeds would not make as many "simulation" players to leave as it would make "casual" players to return? The numbers wouldn't change significantly and if that were the case, where's the benefit for TMP? Not a lot more players but a lot more reports, bans, appeals, complains, etc.

7 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Too many of "those who enjoy a more casual experience in TMP servers" seem to be like "I don't care if someone rams me even on purpose" and/or "I don't care if I ram someone". If they weren't, like I've said in multiple ocasions, they'd be filling up the arcade servers. I don't want those people in the same server where I'm trying to deliver a cargo without damage, even less if they can go a lot faster than me, making it easier for them to "enjoy their casual experience" when it will mean destroying my (and many other players') experience. Besides, who's to say that allowing higher speeds would not make as many "simulation" players to leave as it would make "casual" players to return? The numbers wouldn't change significantly and if that were the case, where's the benefit for TMP? Not a lot more players but a lot more reports, bans, appeals, complains, etc.

Ok i understand what you're saying. But here's the thing i don't understand. Why would these players ruin your experience if they're playing on a different server than you? The Simulation Server would stay as is.

Why would changing the Arcade Server to attract a larger audience would be a problem? The only problem that i personally see is the load of the reports/incidents which can be countered by modifying the report system and applying lower moderation priority on this server.

Not going to get into that discussion with you. Told you why multiple times, you're comparing a no-rules Server with a rules-server and claim that they're the same based on two settings. By your theory, if you put a speed limit on the Free roam you have a Simulation Server

No. The fact that it has no rules is irrelevant. The Freeroam server doesn't have a speed limit on it, unlike simulation servers. Both Simulation Servers and the Freeroam server have collisions enabled. From my understanding of your request/suggestion, you want to have an arcade-like server but with collisions enabled and no speed limiter. However, this already exists in the form of the Freeroam server and activity on that is dreadful. So why would this becoming a full-time feature improve the player numbers in any way?

@FernandoCR [ESP]

I actually found your suggestion and it's indeed close to the RTS. But here's the thing. Why do you think that it differs from any other suggestion where they suggested to focus on a more Simulation oriented playstyle? 

It seems that #EU4 was very similar to the Arcade Server at the time. #EU1 was a hardcore Simulation Server and #EU2 was a more casual Server. How was anyone's suggestion to a more Simulation-oriented playstyle differs than what you suggested. The RTS Server Structure simply converted #EU2 to another Simulation.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:31 PM, donermannko said:

Hello everyone, 

I want to know what things you miss in truckersmp the most and you want to have back in mp.

And it can be things like rules or for exempale the fun you had back than.

I miss meeting players on the the road.
The number of players has dropped significantly, which made driving most of the time look like I was alone on the (simulation) server.

This turned me away from the multiplayer and towards singleplayer again.

I'd prefer to see players more evenly spread over the map than flock together on two spots, driving the same road back and forth all day long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, StupidOne said:

i miss the 150km/h maxspeed cuz if you drive 3000km and you could be 50% faster on empty roads... 

and i miss the players some locations are feeling so empty ( it would be fun adding npc´s )

Yes! I miss this. Long journeys I revert back to ETS2 Convoys and turn traffic off

Former players with experience and knowledge of the game because beginner players drive pretty badly.

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

This is not about TruckersMP, but around 4 years ago I was at my cousins house and he had a PC which he had ETS2 on, I played that game and I got addicted first minute I hopped on, but then my mother called me to go back home and I didn't want to and just wanted to keep on playing ETS2, those we're really fun times. ?

mikkser-min.png

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived