What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?

donermannko

• Community Manager

Hey,

While we appreciate the debate, this is a topic for simply expressing what you miss the most in TruckersMP. Please remain discussing the original topic at hand: "What do you miss the most at TruckersMP?" 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, Trucker_Bean said:

Now, a collision enabled and unlimited speed Arcade server would be a good idea but would only infuriate people when they get rammed at high speeds, thus, meaning most people won't play on it.  

Totally agree. And in the end everyone the good and bad driver will end up going back to the Simulation server (even if you can get banned) ?

On 5/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, Trucker_Bean said:

The best solutions are solutions that'll ease congestion in the busiest areas and on the busiest servers. For example, if they added a non-collision zone to the coke points around CD, this would reduce/remove the traffic jams in their areas

I'm not sure because I think many people really enjoy a bit or traffic jams and traffic speed variations (because of tight turns or trains crossing etc...). If you make these areas non-collision zones, then you kill the fun. That said, in overcrowded cities like Calais or Duisburg it makes sense. Not only you avoid stupid collisions but you don't have to wait for ages in traffic because there are 2-3 traffic lights before your destination!

On 5/10/2022 at 6:02 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

If people start playing on the arcade with no speed limits + collisions the amount of reports will increase exponentially and the admins will have to shift their attention on the arcade server which is not the goal. So, i think the solution for this problem is to adjust the reporting system in the Arcade Server and remove all the Reckless driving reasons from the system.

Well you have 2 options:

1. Have an Arcade server with no speed limit and WITHOUT collisions: makes it less fun but also removes any risk of being bothered by childish behaviours
  2. Have an Arcade server with no speed limit and WITH collisions: makes it much more interesting and challenging but as you said you will have many collisions with reports. That said, people playing on this server should understand that if they are involved in a collision where someone lost control unintentionally, they shouldn't report it. Only when people do crash intentionally or block intentionally etc... So if people report responsibly like that, it should on paper balance the number of reports. (but I'm not convinced tbh ?)

On 5/11/2022 at 2:58 AM, Trucker_Bean said:

Simulation servers do just that, simulate. Should that fact change, it wouldn't be a simulator anymore and more a hellish collection of terrible experiences. 

Again, totally agree

55 minutes ago, xBestBBx said:

While we appreciate the debate, this is a topic for simply expressing what you miss the most in TruckersMP. Please remain discussing the original topic at hand: "What do you miss the most at TruckersMP?" 

Do you mean that people can only reply to the original question without discussing/commenting on any of people's answer?

39 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I'm not sure because I think many people really enjoy a bit or traffic jams and traffic speed variations (because of tight turns or trains crossing etc...). If you make these areas non-collision zones, then you kill the fun. That said, in overcrowded cities like Calais or Duisburg it makes sense. Not only you avoid stupid collisions but you don't have to wait for ages in traffic because there are 2-3 traffic lights before your destination!

Those cites would be the "choke points", so yeah, it'll be ideal.

As signalled by admins, this probs should be the end of the debate here.  

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

So yes, i've admitted it plenty of times but the advantage of having more players in a Massive Multiplayer Mod far outweighs any disadvantage. The question is when will you admit this?

Never. I've always been a guy of "better the quality than the quantity". If the price to have super-popular servers is to fill them with "Idiots on the road", I won't pay it. If such time comes, I'll leave TMP for good.

I've been here longer than you and it was a suggestion of mine that ended up (almost to the letter) being "Road to Simulation". I've seen a lot of other community suggestions and demands come true, so don't mistake ONE failed suggestion or demand for "TMP is not a community that listens to popular demands". Maybe think about why that suggestion or demand is being constantly rejected.

Now, feel free to argue with anyone... Else. Thanks for your attention these past days and good luck in the future!

22 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Never. I've always been a guy of "better the quality than the quantity". 

You've been in the wrong game then, cause TMP is a massive multiplayer online game. It's two things that don't go hand-in-hand. 

22 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I've been here longer than you and it was a suggestion of mine that ended up (almost to the letter) being "Road to Simulation". I've seen a lot of other community suggestions and demands come true, so don't mistake ONE failed suggestion or demand for "TMP is not a community that listens to popular demands". Maybe think about why that suggestion or demand is being constantly rejected.

I'm certain that there are many players who suggested that before you as well. The thing is that management takes the decisions no matter the suggestions. There was a shift in management sometime before the RTS and it was someone in the new administration team who thought that RTS would be a better direction for TMP. All i'm saying is that your suggestion simply aligned with the mindset of someone who had the power to bring change in TMP. That doesn't necessariliy mean that your suggestion was heard. That's simply how things work in TMP Community.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but after that previous comment, I had to.

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

You've been in the wrong game then, cause TMP is a massive multiplayer online game. It's two things that don't go hand-in-hand. 

TruckersMP is an mp mod for a truck simulator game, not a mass "mp" game. It's designed for people to drive with others - numbers are irrelevant. 

I totally agree with @FernandoCR [ESP]. I'd personally drive with quality drivers than face the consequences due to increased player count.

4 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but after that previous comment, I had to.

TruckersMP is an mp mod for a truck simulator game, not a mass "mp" game. It's designed for people to drive with others - numbers are irrelevant. 

I totally agree with @FernandoCR [ESP]. I'd personally drive with quality drivers than face the consequences due to increased player count.

Given your ban history, i don't think @FernandoCR [ESP] would consider you a quality player. Also, when the quality players were driving in #EU1 (The old Simulation Server), Fernarno was not playing the mod because apparently the player numbers were too low. But yeah, quality over quantity sure it's very easy to say it, not so easy to live by it.

Also, i only mentioned your history to make a point. Don't feel the need to justify it to me. I'm the last person who cares about reckless driving and i'm of the opinion that reckless driving should have more flexible punishments that shouldn't last more than a day, not the initial 3 weeks you got (Which later became 3 months). That's just outrageous.

Anyway, don't kid yourselves that player numbers are irrelevant. 

• Community Manager
9 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Do you mean that people can only reply to the original question without discussing/commenting on any of people's answer?

As long as there is a civil debate, it should be fine. I should have been more clear about that, I apologize. We don't want to see anyone becoming hostile or aggressive against someone's opinions. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

If I'm not mistaken, this has nothing to do with the current topic, and after a debate that doesn't appear to be going anywhere nor with any relevant points that are viable, I think it's best that this debate maybe concluded. 

To conclude, my history is what it is and isn't at all relevant to any of the points made, so I can't see why it was brought up. 

While your suggestions may appeal to a select few, I don't think they'll appeal to the masses or TruckersMP staff, for that matter. 

I wish you the best. 

- Bean 

14 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I'm certain that there are many players who suggested that before you as well. The thing is that management takes the decisions no matter the suggestions. There was a shift in management sometime before the RTS and it was someone in the new administration team who thought that RTS would be a better direction for TMP. All i'm saying is that your suggestion simply aligned with the mindset of someone who had the power to bring change in TMP. That doesn't necessariliy mean that your suggestion was heard. That's simply how things work in TMP Community.

What I'm certain about is that I had seen nothing like that suggested before, if you could point me towards one of those many suggestions like mine that had been sent before, I'd be grateful. But one thing that I am 100% certain about is that there have been LOTS of suggestions after RTS to change Simulation into no or higher speed limits, to change Arcade into collisions-enabled, to open a Freeroam server permanently... Yet, none of them succeeded. Reasons were given, it's just that too many people don't listen to reasons and they'd rather think that it's bad management rejecting things only because they can and want.

Some of the decisions the management has taken over the years, I didn't like, but I accepted them nonetheless (or suggested what I thought would be good/better alternatives). I don't know about shifts in management then, before or after, maybe it was just some random manager who thought about RTS without having even seen my suggestion, but the coincidences... Sorry if I sound egocentric, but I like to believe that I had something to do with that change.

Oh, and going again ON-TOPIC, I believe that I didn't mention anywhere in this topic before that I do miss some of the people who used to be staff in the old days and are MIA now. Had some pretty talks with some of them, I remember being pulled over by a police car on a highway, stopped, trying to guess what I could have done wrong... It was Anriandor, an acquaintance from that time, role playing with me, asking me for the cargo manifest and such. We chatted for some minutes and afterwards we kept driving our way. No fines or warnings for me, luckily. ? I have to say, it was really awesome. Like a "real event" feature but in a "live" Simulation server, which was completely unexpected.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, xBestBBx said:

As long as there is a civil debate, it should be fine. I should have been more clear about that, I apologize. We don't want to see anyone becoming hostile or aggressive against someone's opinions. 

We are on the same page ?

On 5/12/2022 at 11:03 PM, Trucker_Bean said:

If I'm not mistaken, this has nothing to do with the current topic

We are debating about one of the answers which is "remove/increase the speed limits" (reminder that the topic is "What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?"). So we are still within the topic (we discuss if this is something really missing or not). After if you consider that discussing answers isn't part of the topic, yes you're right we are off topic.

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

We are on the same page ?

We are debating about one of the answers which is "remove/increase the speed limits" (reminder that the topic is "What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?"). So we are still within the topic (we discuss if this is something really missing or not). After if you consider that discussing answers isn't part of the topic, yes you're right we are off topic.

Not really. The answer would be "I miss the old 150 Km/h speed limit" or "I miss the times when there were no speed limits". It became a debate about speed limits, which has nothing to do with "What do you miss". In fact, it's a debate that has been happening regularly since Road to simulation happened, so no one can miss it. I apologize for my part in it, I admit that I'm easily dragged into this kind of discussions, even when I know that they always end the same way, an endless loop. That's also why it had to be stopped, it was monopolizing a topic that was meant for a different purpose.

So again on-topic, I believe that it's been mentioned before, but I also miss the jams that used to happen in the entrance to the Europoort, long before the C-D mayhem was a thing. I got used to, surprise, drive down to Calais and use the Eurotunnel there, to avoid those jams! These days, however, I do the opposite, drive to Amsterdam or Rotterdam to use the ferry there instead of risking a total annihilation if I go near Calais ?

22 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not really. The answer would be "I miss the old 150 Km/h speed limit" or "I miss the times when there were no speed limits". It became a debate about speed limits, which has nothing to do with "What do you miss". In fact, it's a debate that has been happening regularly since Road to simulation happened, so no one can miss it. I apologize for my part in it, I admit that I'm easily dragged into this kind of discussions, even when I know that they always end the same way, an endless loop. That's also why it had to be stopped, it was monopolizing a topic that was meant for a different purpose.

My initial conversation was with @Foobrother. And i hardly consider it to be a debate. For me, It's not a subject of having one or the other, but rather both of them. 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:03 AM, Trucker_Bean said:

If I'm not mistaken, this has nothing to do with the current topic, and after a debate that doesn't appear to be going anywhere nor with any relevant points that are viable, I think it's best that this debate maybe concluded. 

To conclude, my history is what it is and isn't at all relevant to any of the points made, so I can't see why it was brought up. 

While your suggestions may appeal to a select few, I don't think they'll appeal to the masses or TruckersMP staff, for that matter. 

I wish you the best. 

- Bean 

You may think that my arguing has no solid foundation, but i mostly say things that are backed by the past status of TMP, polls and player trends. Anyone i've discussed this somehow has the reasoning of 'because i said so' but fails to provide any viable points to why he thinks that. Case in point: You also think it won't appeal to the masses, but the past says otherwise.

Also, your history was relevant to your aforementioned quality players. If you want to see a quality player, look at @FernandoCR [ESP]'s profile.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:50 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

What I'm certain about is that I had seen nothing like that suggested before, if you could point me towards one of those many suggestions like mine that had been sent before, I'd be grateful. But one thing that I am 100% certain about is that there have been LOTS of suggestions after RTS to change Simulation into no or higher speed limits, to change Arcade into collisions-enabled, to open a Freeroam server permanently... Yet, none of them succeeded. Reasons were given, it's just that too many people don't listen to reasons and they'd rather think that it's bad management rejecting things only because they can and want.

It took me like one minute to look at the rejected suggestions (not even the archives) and find this. I'm certain if you look you can find more suggestions like this one, some maybe more well-written than others.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:50 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Some of the decisions the management has taken over the years, I didn't like, but I accepted them nonetheless (or suggested what I thought would be good/better alternatives). I don't know about shifts in management then, before or after, maybe it was just some random manager who thought about RTS without having even seen my suggestion, but the coincidences... Sorry if I sound egocentric, but I like to believe that I had something to do with that change.

I'm not talking about some manager. As far as i know by past discussions with game mods, the original creator of the mod left sometime before RTS was implemented and the new administration wanted a more realistic approach. I understand the reasoning behind RTS, but i simply don't agree with it and i've cited my arguments again & again.

It's the nature of the mod. It's a Massive Multiplayer mod so it requires a massive crowd to function properly and RTS tried to enforce a driving culture that was not accepted by a large chunk of players. Quality over quantity works in Convoy mode but not in a TMP Server where there's zero interaction in 99.9% of the map.

29 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Also, your history was relevant to your aforementioned quality players. If you want to see a quality player, look at @FernandoCR [ESP]'s profile.

My profile doesn't reflect those of others, so no, it's not relevant. 

ou may think that my arguing has no solid foundation, but i mostly say things that are backed by the past status of TMP, polls and player trends. Anyone i've discussed this somehow has the reasoning of 'because i said so' but fails to provide any viable points to why he thinks that. Case in point: You also think it won't appeal to the masses, but the past says otherwise.

If you take the TMP8 freeroam server, for example, that is popular when it's first released, then the activity swiftly declines. The same decline in activity is bound to happen if a server like this is added in the future, thus making it pointless. 

I'm not talking about some manager. As far as i know by past discussions with game mods, the original creator of the mod left sometime before RTS was implemented and the new administration wanted a more realistic approach. I understand the reasoning behind RTS, but i simply don't agree with it and i've cited my arguments again & again.

Technically speaking, there wasn't one sole creator of the mod. Both RootKiller and mwl4 were fundamental in the creation of the mod, amongst others. RTS was added to make the game as realistic as possible as, after all, this is a simulator that simulates real-life occupations. 

It took me like one minute to look at the rejected suggestions (not even the archives) and find this. I'm certain if you look you can find more suggestions like this one, some maybe more well-written than others.

The suggestion you submitted refers to the quality of driving on the simulation servers, not anything to do with server settings or server limits. To answer their suggestion, people who break the rules will be banned. 

17 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

My profile doesn't reflect those of others, so no, it's not relevant. 

Sure, ban history has nothing to do with quality players. 

If you take the TMP8 freeroam server, for example, that is popular when it's first released, then the activity swiftly declines. The same decline in activity is bound to happen if a server like this is added in the future, thus making it pointless. 

How is it comparable a no-rule server with a server with the same rules as the Simulation, just more flexible (No speed limit, lenient punishments) and with lower moderation priority?

I'm not arguing for a no-rule server. People don't want to play in a server where trolling is allowed. Reckless driving will still be punishable. 

RTS was added to make the game as realistic as possible as, after all, this is a simulator that simulates real-life occupations. 

Yeah, and it's not viable that's my point.

The suggestion you submitted refers to the quality of driving on the simulation servers, not anything to do with server settings and/or server limits. To answer their suggestion, people who break the rules will be banned. 

The suggestion i submitted refers to converting #EU2 (as in the popular server) to a more simulation-oriented server (Harsher rules, speed limit etc). All of these changes implemented in RTS. My point was that there were suggestions of the like. The thing is that a simulation server already existed. In our case, there's no such thing as a more casual server.

23 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Sure, ban history has nothing to do with quality players. 

My ban history has nothing to do with my desire to drive with quality players. 

How is it comparable a no-rule server with a server with the same rules as the Simulation, just more flexible (No speed limit, lenient punishments) and with lower moderation priority?

I'm not arguing for a no-rule server. People don't want to play in a server where trolling is allowed. Reckless driving will still be punishable. 

We're not comparing the enforced rules on the servers, we're comparing the server settings as they are the same as what you desire. 

Lenient Punishments? Most punishments enforced involve the reckless driving rule in some way or another.   

39 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

I understand the reasoning behind RTS, but i simply don't agree with it

"Yeah, and it's not viable that's my point."  - Something doesn't add up there. 

The suggestion i submitted refers to converting #EU2 (as in the popular server) to a more simulation-oriented server (Harsher rules, speed limit etc). All of these changes implemented in RTS. My point was that there were suggestions of the like. The thing is that a simulation server already existed. In our case, there's no such thing as a more casual server.

Simulation servers simulate. Arcade is a casual server. 

20 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Not so long ago and in this very topic, you were talking about "no reports for reckless driving".

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

20 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

The suggestion i submitted refers to converting #EU2 (as in the popular server) to a more simulation-oriented server (Harsher rules, speed limit etc). All of them implemented in RTS. My point was that there were suggestions of the like. The thing is that a simulation server already existed. In our case, there's no such thing as a more casual server.

Really? If that's the best you could find, no wonder that I believed that my suggestion was original. That suggestion was about making EU#2 the same as EU#1 was at the time. Nothing to do with what I suggested later. If you really believe that both suggestions can be considered as similar, then... No more to argue here.

Reasons and options, that's how suggestions should be made. Why are you suggesting this? What options do you propose? How would you make it happen?

30 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not so long ago and in this very topic, you were talking about "no reports for reckless driving".

Yeah, no reasons for reckless driving in the reporting system. And that is to relieve the number of incoming reports from that server. Web-site reports should still apply. Read all my posts, nowhere have i suggested that reckless driving should be allowed. 

30 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Really? If that's the best you could find, no wonder that I believed that my suggestion was original. That suggestion was about making EU#2 the same as EU#1 was at the time. Nothing to do with what I suggested later. If you really believe that both suggestion can be considered as similar, then... No more to argue here.

Reasons and options, that's how suggestions should be made. Why are you suggesting this? What options do you propose? How would you make it happen?

That's the first i found. If your suggestion was about a more simulation-oriented server structure like RTS, then they're comparable. To be honest, I don't know what exactly was your suggestion but claiming that it was RTS, has the same foundation as the one i posted which is to modify the (main) server to a more simulation-oriented environment.

32 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

My ban history has nothing to do with my ability to drive to my desire to drive with quality players. 

In the context of @FernandoCR [ESP]'s post about quality players which you agreed, i said that you're not viewed as a quality player. It has nothing to do with your desire. Follow the conversation.

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way though. In that context, i'm not a quality player either.

We're not comparing the enforced rules on the servers, we're comparing the server settings as they are the same as what you desire. 

Lenient Punishments? Most punishments enforced involve the reckless driving rule in some way or another.   

So your reasoning is that a server were trolling is allowed is the same as a server where trolling is not allowed?

And Lenient to the time of punishment, not the reason. 

"Yeah, and it's not viable that's my point."  - Something doesn't add up there. 

I disagree with it exactly because i consider it non-viable. That doesn't mean that i can't acknowledge why it was enforced. 

You appear to be clutching at straws and trying to find any way to support your argument. 

On 5/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, Trucker_Bean said:

On 5/12/2022 at 10:27 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Given your ban history, i don't think @FernandoCR [ESP] would consider you a quality player.

Your original statement has nothing to do with the point I raised, therefore, it's irrelevant. Moreover, I spoke about the ability to drive with quality drivers, this has to do with other people's driving, not my own. 

10 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

So your reasoning is that a server were trolling is allowed is the same as a server where trolling is not allowed?

No! Our comparison is of the settings for both the Freeroam server and the settings you desire.   

11 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I disagree with it exactly because i consider it non-viable. That doesn't mean that i can't acknowledge why it was enforced. 

Seems pretty viable to me. Since its inception, more punishments have been handed out, the arcade server was introduced the list goes on.   

13 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

You appear to be clutching at straws and trying to find any way to support your argument. 

Your original statement has nothing to do with the point I raised, therefore, it's irrelevant. Moreover, I spoke about the ability to drive with quality drivers, this has to do with other people's driving, not my own. 

I had no argument over that. I mentioned that you agreed with Fernando's statement about quality drivers, when in his context you're not considered one. There's nothing more to it. Don't take it personal. I'm sorry if i offended you.

No! Our comparison is of the settings for both the Freeroam server and the settings you desire.   

Yeah and you're claiming that the rules that apply in these two servers don't make an impact to the playerbase which is false. I'm telling you again nobody wants to drive in a server where trolling is allowed.

Seems pretty viable to me. Since its inception, more punishments have been handed out, the arcade server was introduced the list goes on.   

In that case you don't even acknowledge the problem which is the population decline, so there's no point to continue this discussion between us.

Archived