What do you miss the most in Truckersmp?

donermannko

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

That wouldn't work. You cannot eradicate reckless/bad drivers. On the current Arcade server, all road rules are ignored and collisions disabled, which is the best of both worlds. You can't be impacted and cannot impact others. The moment you change that up and remove all resemblance to order and peace, you'll have chaos.  Removing people's ability to report people will cause utter mayhem. 

Simulation servers do just that, simulate. Should that fact change, it wouldn't be a simulator anymore and more a hellish collection of terrible experiences. 

Plus, there is no point in changing a server when it'll reduce the number of people on there. The only part of your suggestions I can see working is "Remove speed limits on Arcade". This would be fun and would allow for more exhilarating races etc... You could probably suggest that here

Ok first of all, you can eradicate reckless driving. The solution is Server Side Economy. Right now, every player has millions of money in his profile, and that makes the game currency worthless. Another visit to the repair shop doesn't hurt no matter the price you're paying. If players knew that they couldn't afford the visit to the repair shop, then they'd be forced to drive properly and follow the rules because otherwise they'd be bankrupt. I'm only disappointed that the administration keeps on focusing on other things (Like the HQ Event) instead of putting their efforts in things that will solve existing issues.

Furthermore, If the Arcade Server had attractive settings, or the best of both worlds as you call it, it wouldn't average less than 100 players on a daily basis. The arcade server is pretty much useless as we speak. Removing people's ability to report reckless driving (Only on the Arcade Server) is the best of both worlds, because you make players understand what kind of server they're joining and if they don't like it, they're always welcome to play on the Simulation Server and get a better experience. 

And the biggest argument of changing a server is to make the mod more appealing to a larger audience or have you not noticed the population decline. These settings existed in the past and made the mod extremely popular. Let's not forget this >> https://prnt.sc/ob5wlFzsP-7F 

Although that poll was for the Speed limit, the arcade server eradicates immersion by having a global non-collision zone  in a multiplayer game and thus most players won't play in it. To simply create another server with more appealing settings that have multiple times been requested (No Speed Limit + enabled collisions on the Arcade Server) by the players, will be a good thing for the population of the mod because as we speak, the current playerbase numbers are worrying to say the least for the future of TMP.

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Ok first of all, you can eradicate reckless driving. The solution is Server Side Economy. Right now, every player has millions of money in his profile, and that makes the game currency worthless. Another visit to the repair shop doesn't hurt no matter the price you're paying. If players knew that they couldn't afford the visit to the repair shop, then they'd be forced to drive properly and follow the rules because otherwise they'd be bankrupt. I'm only disappointed that the administration keeps on focusing on other things (Like the HQ Event) instead of putting their efforts in things that will solve existing issues.

Huh? That will not discourage people. People will be reckless despite the amount of money they have or don't have. 

Furthermore, If the Arcade Server had attractive settings, or the best of both worlds as you call it, it wouldn't average less than 100 players on a daily basis. The arcade server is pretty much useless as we speak. Removing people's ability to report reckless driving (Only on the Arcade Server) is the best of both worlds, because you make players understand what kind of server they're joining and if they don't like it, they're always welcome to play on the Simulation Server and get a better experience. 

People cannot recklessly drive if such rules don't exist on that server. Therefore, the removal of the report option and editing of the UI would just be extra unnecessary work. The Arcade server isn't as popular as it's not intended to be driven on by the masses and instead for those who want a more relaxed experience without the presence of driving rules and without the ability to be crashed into etc...  

And the biggest argument of changing a server is to make the mod more appealing to a larger audience or have you not noticed the population decline. These settings existed in the past and made the mod extremely popular. Let's not forget this >> https://prnt.sc/ob5wlFzsP-7F 

While some people may leave due to the speed limits being realistic, I doubt this is the reason for such a decline. The decline in player numbers is probably a combination of SCS Convoy and the fact that it's not currently school holidays so people are at work/school. 

Although that poll was for the Speed limit, the arcade server eradicates immersion by having a global non-collision zone  in a multiplayer game and thus most players won't play in it. To simply create another server with more appealing settings that have multiple times been requested (No Speed Limit + enabled collisions on the Arcade Server) by the players, will be a good thing for the population of the mod because as we speak, the current playerbase numbers are worrying to say the least for the future of TMP.

I personally disagree. Removing speed limits and enabling collisions sounds like a recipe for disaster. Players will be discouraged from playing on the server if it's easier to get rammed etc... and it won't improve the experience quite the opposite in fact. Also, if you want "realism and immersion" use the simulation servers as that is what they're there for. The arcade servers are for people who want to relax and maybe organise races or just generally want to mess around. 

2 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

Huh? That will not discourage people. People will be reckless despite the amount of money they have or don't have. 

It's not whether it will discourage them or not. If you can't pay for repairs because you have no money, then you can't have a truck to free roam and you can only take quick jobs. In that case if you actually want to make actual progress within the game, buy a new truck, level up and buy more garages you would have to make successful deliveries and not just transport a trailer up & down the C-D road for the sake of driving. 

How many accidents will it take for a player to have a negative balance and not being able to afford anything within the game? 

People cannot recklessly drive if such rules don't exist on that server. Therefore, the removal of the report option and editing of the UI would just be extra unnecessary work. The Arcade server isn't as popular as it's not intended to be driven on by the masses and instead for those who want a more relaxed experience without the present and without the ability to be crashed into etc...  

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. The removal is not done for the sake of players but to limit the amount of incoming reports from the Arcade Server. The rules can still exist on that server but only be applied from the website report system. And my point is exactly that the Arcade Server isn't as popular but it should be in order to attract a larger audience back into the game. It's after all the arcade server. Nobody forces the players to join it but make it more appealing could have a positive effect in the playerbase.

While some people may leave due to the speed limits being realistic, I doubt this is the reason for such a decline. The decline in player numbers is probably a combination of SCS Convoy and the fact that it's not currently school holidays so people are at work/school. 

Let's first take a look at the average yearly players (You can find them from the web archives of the stats.truckersmp.com):

Average yearly players (EDIT: For Reference, i added the average yearly players of ETS2)

August 30th 2017 - August 30th 2018: 3,658.18

May 10th 2018 - May 10th 2019: 3,700.69  - ETS2 average yearly players: 16,454.75

January 25th 2020 - January 25th 2021: 4,444.34 (Quarantine also majorly contributed to that) - ETS2 average yearly players: 20,284

January 5th 2021 - January 5th 2022: 3,519.93 (Mid-year release of Convoy Mode) -  ETS2 average yearly players: 22,194.3

May 11th 2021 - Today: 2,499.32  - ETS2 average yearly players: 22,136.3

Ever since 2017, the game averaged ~3.5k players on a yearly basis which was more than enough to keep the servers full. The quarantine helped to top-up the average playerbase even further but that was circumstancial. Finally, the release of Convoy mode exposed the problems of TMP.

For a mod that claims to have 4 million players, such a decline is unrealistic within such a small period of time. Convoy mode is not a serious competitor of TMP as we speak. Many players have left because they felt that TMP didn't listen to their voice. I was there when Infinite Truckers opened their discord to the public 2 years ago, promising a new massive multiplayer mod and they had thousands of users within the very first week joining them and claiming that they would abandon TMP within a heartbeat if another option was made available. Eventually, Infinite Truckers didn't release their mod after all, but Convoy Mode emerged from SCS and with it all unsatisfied players of TMP ditched the mod.

And honestly, TMP has a questionable history of how they've treated their community and nowadays it shows. The poll i showed you is a good clue about that. Their monopoly on the ETS2 multiplayer is the reason that the mod stayed relevant within all these years.

So, the usual arguments of school and jobs for the decline are ignorant at best. People always had work and school but that didn't stop the servers being full in the past even in non-holidays. If you wanna keep playing the mod in the next years, rest assured that if the Server Settings of the Arcade don't change, there won't be enough players on TMP to keep it alive. The average yearly playerbase today is ~2.5k. We're just another large update of the Convoy Mode away from that number crumbling even further. For a mod with an 8-year long background, there's absolutely zero faith from a large part of the playerbase and it showed.

I personally disagree. Removing speed limits and enabling collisions sounds like a recipe for disaster. Players will be discouraged from playing on the server if it's easier to get rammed etc... and it won't improve the experience quite the opposite in fact. 

The facts tend to disagree with you though. Players have requested these Server Settings for a long time. I showed you the poll, you can't simply dismiss it. Whether the players will be discouraged to use such a server is their choice. The past though has proven the opposite. And providing settings that appeal to a larger audience than the niche & simulation oriented fanbase in a Massive Multiplayer Online mod should be the goal if we want to see higher number of players again. 

46 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

deliveries and not just transport a trailer up & down the C-D road for the sake of driving.

Aren't convoys just that?  

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. The removal is not done for the sake of players but to limit the amount of incoming reports from the Arcade Server. The rules can still exist on that server but only be applied from the website report system. And my point is exactly that the Arcade Server isn't as popular but it should be in order to attract a larger audience back into the game. It's after all the arcade server. Nobody forces the players to join it but make it more appealing could have a positive effect in the playerbase.

? You cannot "recklessly drive" or break any road rules on Arcade. Reports for breaking such rules will get deleted, I'd imagine. I don't see how altering the arcade server in any way would have that much of an increase on the player base. After all, this is a truck simulator, not a racing game, so I understand why the speed limits exist and think they're realistic and should stay in force. 

If you wanna keep playing the mod in the next years, rest assured that if the Server Settings of the Arcade don't change, there won't be enough players on TMP to keep it alive.

I really cannot see how this'll affect player numbers in the slightest. It may appeal to those who like speed, no road rules and messing about, but this is a truck simulator and not a racing game. Besides, the majority of the player base who have stuck around want a realistic experience, and by removing speed limits, I believe you'll lose that.  

So, the usual arguments of school and jobs for the decline are ignorant at best. People always had work and school but that didn't stop the servers being full in the past even in non-holidays.

Looking at the figures you quoted, it's clearly visible that there has been a decline since SCS brought out convoy mode and post covid19. Therefore, I believe that together with some people's interests changing, covid19 and convoy mode is why player numbers have dropped. Yes, TruckersMP should add more features to entice people to play, but changing the Arcade server won't do this.  

And honestly, TMP has a questionable history of how they've treated their community and nowadays it shows. The poll i showed you is a good clue about that. Their monopoly on the ETS2 multiplayer is the reason that the mod stayed relevant within all these years.

Eight Hundred odd people aren't a monopoly. They're in fact a small portion of the player base. Moreover, I really can't see how having speed limits enabled on a Truck simulator would increase/decrease the number of players. After all, trucks are limited to speeds IRL so why not reflect that in the simulator? 

33 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

Aren't convoys just that?  

Yeah, they are. That's a big factor of playing multiplayer. Now imagine that a convoy is more than that and you actually get a reward in currency with every delivery that matters for your profile. When money is not just loading a cheat engine and suddenly turn your money to millions, every delivery matters. The game now has further its purpose. Crashing is not just another visit to the repair shop. It's actually giving away a large chunk of money that you might have got with ten deliveries.

? You cannot "recklessly drive" or break any road rules on Arcade. Reports for breaking such rules will get deleted, I'd imagine. I don't see how alerting the arcade server in any way would have that much of an increase on the player base. After all, this is a truck simulator, not a racing game, so I understand why the speed limits exist and think they're realistic and should stay in force. 

I really cannot see how this'll affect player numbers in the slightest. It may appeal to those who like speed, no road rules and messing about, but this is a truck simulator and not a racing game. Besides, the majority of the player base who have stuck around want a realistic experience, and by removing speed limits, I believe you'll lose that.  

You give players a larger set of settings to choose from and those who might enjoy driving with a non-speed limit in a server with collisions won't turn away from the mod. And like i said, considering how many players want these settings, it might have a large impact in increasing the player numbers.

Looking at the figures you quoted, it's clearly visible that there has been a decline since SCS brought out convoy mode and post covid19. Therefore, I believe that together with some people's interests changing, covid19 and convoy mod is why player numbers have dropped. Yes, TruckersMP should add more features to entice people to play, but changing the Arcade server won't do this.  

Eight Hundred odd people aren't a monopoly. They're in fact a small portion of the player base. Moreover, I really can't see how having speed limits enabled on a Truck simulator would increase/decrease the number of players. After all, trucks are limited to speeds IRL so why not reflect that in the simulator? 

It's not the number of players voting that you should look for. It's the % of them. The science of statistics work with samples. If you want to calculate the average population of a city, you won't count every single individual. You'll gather some samples and create an average. When almost 80% of the people in that poll voted for a server with no speed-limit + collisions, that means that such a server will appeal to a lot of players and it could attract a large number of them back at the mod.

EDIT: For those who want the simulation experience, the Simulation Server will suit them which also does right now.

10 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Yeah, they are. That's a big factor of playing multiplayer. Now imagine that a convoy is more than that and you actually get a reward in currency with every delivery that matters for your profile. When money is not just loading a cheat engine and suddenly turn your money to millions, every delivery matters. The game now has further its purpose. Crashing is not just another visit to the repair shop. It's actually giving away a large chunk of money that you might have got with ten deliveries.

You've just contradicted yourself there. A server-side economy wouldn't deter people from breaking the rules. Plus, people enjoy the ability to add as much money as they desire. If you remove the ability to, you'll lose the people who want to be able to do that. 

10 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

You give players a larger set of settings to choose from and those who might enjoy driving with a non-speed limit in a server with collisions won't turn away from the mod. And like i said, considering how many players want these settings, it might have a large impact in increasing the player numbers.

800 odd people voted in favour of this idea. That is not that many people, and this is a truck simulator, not a racing game. If you change the focus to driving at high speeds and encourage users not to simulate the job of driving trucks as it would be IRL, it'll no longer be a mod for truck sim but a mod for a racing game in which you can deliver jobs. 

15 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

You've just contradicted yourself there. A server-side economy wouldn't deter people from breaking the rules. Plus, people enjoy the ability to add as much money as they desire. If you remove the ability to, you'll lose the people who want to be able to do that.  

People break the rules because they can and because they have nothing to lose. Make them lose something and they'll consider twice before doing that overtake that might cost them 100k that they don't have. Not sure where you see the contradiction. Speaking of contradictions, so you care whether you lose people who want to have accounts with infinite money but don't care for people who want a server with specific settings?

15 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

800 odd people voted in favour of this idea. That is not that many people, and this is a truck simulator, not a racing game. If you change the focus to driving at high speeds and encourage users not to simulate the job of driving trucks as it would be IRL, it'll no longer be a mod for truck sim but a mod for a racing game in which you can deliver jobs. 

I explained you how statistics work. If you don't understand them, read the definition and it will make sense instead of repeating that 800 people is not that many. And i'd argue that for this forum 800 people is too many.

Furthermore, i'm telling you again you simply change the focus on the Arcade Server, not the Simulation Server. As the name implies, The arcade Server is a casual server. Anybody who wants to play a truck Simulator will still be able to do so in the Simulation Server. There will simply be more options for those who want a more casual experience.

4 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

People break the rules because they can and because they have nothing to lose.

If I'm not mistaken, getting banned from the game entirely has a much bigger impact than losing some in-game pointless cash.

6 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Furthermore, i'm telling you again you simply change the focus on the Arcade Server, not the Simulation Server. As the name implies, The arcade Server is a casual server. Anybody who wants to play a truck Simulator will still be able to do so in the Simulation Server. There will simply be more options for those who want a more casual experience.

No one is denying that fact, however, adding collisions and removing speed limits will not promote a casual experience and instead will be a stressful and regretful experience. 

speed + collisions is a recipe for disaster. Enough people collide with people at high speeds on the simulation servers atm. 

19 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

If I'm not mistaken, getting banned from the game entirely has a much bigger impact than losing some in-game pointless cash.

You're mistaken. Being banned treats the symptoms, not the disease. There's a massive difference between rewarding a good driving culture and enforcing one. 

19 minutes ago, Trucker_Bean said:

No one is denying that fact, however, adding collisions and removing speed limits will not promote a casual experience and instead will be a stressful and regretful experience. 

speed + collisions is a recipe for disaster. Enough people collide with people at high speeds on the simulation servers atm. 

Look, You keep pointing out the disadvantages which i'm not denying. There will be a massive increase in incidents in such a server. 

Now if you want to agree with me, the most important factor in a Massive Multiplayer Online game is the number of players. If such a server can lead to the increase of the playerbase, overall it will have a positive outcome for the mod. Hear me out.

At first players might want a casual experience. But as they play the mod within the years, they could assimilate to the simulation oriented side of the game.

Right now you have a dying playerbase. The mod is not growing, which means that the input of players is less than the output. Like you said, there are players who move on to other things or get bored of ETS2. But if you have a larger input of players than output then you don't really care for those who move to other things because new players appear and cover their spots.

If this population trend continues, the game will shutdown in a few years. So, if you can agree that the population of TMP is the most important factor then something needs to be done to increase the playerbase. If you don't agree to that, the population trend won't magically turn. It will keep falling & falling and in a few years the mod will shutdown as more & more players move on to other things while less & less players discover TMP

EDIT: And remember that ETS2 is still growing. Only TMP's playerbase decreases.

9 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

this population trend continues, the game will shutdown in a few years. So, if you can agree that the population of TMP is the most important factor then something needs to be done to increase the playerbase. If you don't agree to that, the population trend won't magically turn.

That's obvious. I don't think changing Arcade will achieve this. 

44 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

The game won't magically gain players because you want it to. The only realistic solution to gain more players is that, whether you want to accept it or not.

I really cannot get my head around why you think that removing the speed limits on Arcade will increase the player count. Moreover, the poll you've repeatably referred to isn't server-specific, so it's probably more likely that people want to eradicate speed limits on Simulation Servers

The Arcade server is a place for a select number of people who want to drive without road rules, collisions and maybe aren't the best at driving. If anything, it's a training ground for nonconfident drivers before they take to the sim servers. Should you remove Non Collisions on this server, you'll remove that safety net. 

While player numbers help, they don't confirm a mods/game viability or extend their lifespan. Moreover, removing speed limits will encourage more reckless driving behaviour and will remove all sense of realism. 

The disadvantages far out way the advantages and what is in the realm of possibility. 

Just my last 2 cents about this endless-looped... debate? Arcade with collisions and "limited rules/report system" would be pretty much like the current Freeroam server.

These were taken some hours ago:

Spoiler

05.11.2022-17.01.39

05.12.2022-01.14.37

So, why is it that almost no one uses the Freeroam server? Where are all those thousands of players that will save TruckersMP if a server without speed limits AND collisions is opened? Why are they not flooding the Freeroam server now?

11 hours ago, Trucker_Bean said:

I really cannot get my head around why you think that removing the speed limits on Arcade will increase the player count. Moreover, the poll you've repeatably referred to isn't server-specific, so it's probably more likely that people want to eradicate speed limits on Simulation Servers

The poll is settings specific. And i'm not arguing about removing the Speed limits on the arcade. There's already no speed limit on the arcade. I'm saying to enable collisions on the arcade. Even game-moderators have suggested in the past that the Arcade Server needs collisions. Appealing to the community with a server and settings that have multiple times been suggested in the past is a start instead of acknowledging a problem and then do nothing to solve it. The only reason you don't understand it is probably because you are a Simulation Oriented player and fail to acknowledge that there's another perspective on how to enjoy the game. 

The Arcade server is a place for a select number of people who want to drive without road rules, collisions and maybe aren't the best at driving. If anything, it's a training ground for nonconfident drivers before they take to the sim servers. Should you remove Non Collisions on this server, you'll remove that safety net. 

While player numbers help, they don't confirm a mods/game viability or extend their lifespan. Moreover, removing speed limits will encourage more reckless driving behaviour and will remove all sense of realism. 

The disadvantages far out way the advantages and what is in the realm of possibility. 

You keep advocating about realism and reckless driving behavior for the arcade server. And i'm telling you again if anyone wants realism, they're free to play on the Simulation Server. The arcade server does not need to follow the rules that the Simulation Server sets. That's why it's the arcade server.

So i fail to acknowledge how the disadvantages far out way the advantages when your arguments suggest that the Arcade should resemble the Sim Server. They should be two different servers that appeal two different kinds of players, casuals and simulation oriented players. Right now the Arcade server has no real purpose.

We welcome all players. It's just that Arcade servers are only for fun, like racing or recording some tutorials for VTC, etc. I believe there should be one Arcade server, just for those players. 

That quote above was said by a Senior Community Manager. He even acknowledges that the Arcade Server appeals to a very specific audience and serves a very specific purpose, that doesn't do anything to help TMP gain any traction at all.

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Just my last 2 cents about this endless-looped... debate? Arcade with collisions and "limited rules/report system" would be pretty much like the current Freeroam server.

These were taken some hours ago:

Reveal hidden contents

05.11.2022-17.01.39

05.12.2022-01.14.37

So, why is it that almost no one uses the Freeroam server? Where are all those thousands of players that will save TruckersMP if a server without speed limits AND collisions is opened? Why are they not flooding the Freeroam server now?

Not at all, the suggested Arcade Server does not resemble the Free Roam Server. Ramming, Blocking & Trolling Rules should still apply and should be enforced through the web-site reporting system. The only difference should be that the Simulation Servers should have a priority on moderation from the adminstration team over the arcade server. Same with the Reporting System. It should be adjusted to remove the reckless driving reasons for the sake of reducing the incoming reports, not because these rules won't exist. Nobody wants to play on a Server where trolling is allowed, they just want to play ETS2 in a more casual way.

16 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Not at all, the suggested Arcade Server does not resemble the Free Roam Server. Ramming, Blocking & Trolling Rules should still apply and should be enforced through the web-site reporting system. The only difference should be that the Simulation Servers should have a priority on moderation from the adminstration team over the arcade server. Same with the Reporting System. It should be adjusted to remove the reckless driving reasons for the sake of reducing the incoming reports, not because these rules won't exist. Nobody wants to play on a Server where trolling is allowed, they just want to play ETS2 in a more casual way.

Casual way is the definition of the arcade servers. No ramming, no blocking, no trolling and as much speed as anyone wants to drive at. But only because it doesn't give the players the chance to collide among them.

Enable collisions, enforce ramming and you have a constant flood in the report system. Not even needed to test, because that's exactly what used to happen when EU#2 existed (and, in case you didn't remenber, one of the main reasons why Road to Simulation was implemented).

Honestly, I can't understand how you constantly fail to see (or to admit) this. But like I've said in other topics: Feel free to send a proper suggestion explaining why you believe that enabling collisions in the Arcade servers is a good idea that would benefit TruckersMP. Who knows? You might achieve something. Which you certainly won't only by repeating the same mantra over and over again in the forums.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Casual way is the definition of the arcade servers. No ramming, no blocking, no trolling and as much speed as anyone wants to drive at. But only because it doesn't give the players the chance to collide among them.

Enable collisions, enforce ramming and you have a constant flood in the report system. Not even needed to test, because that's exactly what used to happen when EU#2 existed (and, in case you didn't remenber, one of the main reasons why Road to Simulation was implemented).

Honestly, I can't understand how you constantly fail to see (or to admit) this. But like I've said in other topics: Feel free to send a proper suggestion explaining why you believe that enabling collisions in the Arcade servers is a good idea that would benefit TruckersMP. Who knows? You might achieve something. Which you certainly won't only by repeating the same mantra over and over again in the forums.

As i've said several times by now, i acknowledge the issues that come with such an Arcade Server. You don't need to mention them in every other post like i keep forgetting about them. But as i've also said multiple times, any of the aforementioned problems can be addressed one way or another.

But most importantly, i'm acknowledging the biggest issue that TMP currently has. And that is the current player numbers.

Like i've also mentioned over and over again, i'm simply weighing the pros and cons and understand the cost of this decision. You keep on emphasizing the negatives and i keep on telling you that having servers that appeal to a wider audience will have a greater impact than keeping the server structure as is and watch the mod becoming less & less relevant year after year. To use your own words: Honestly, I can't understand how you constantly fail to see (or to admit) this. So yes, i've admitted it plenty of times but the advantage of having more players in a Massive Multiplayer Mod far outweighs any disadvantage. The question is when will you admit this?

Furthermore, I've been here long enough to know that TMP is not a community that listens to popular demands. The administration has proved that over and over again in the past years. Otherwise, that server i'm advocating for would exist already. Another failed suggestion on the pile of rejected ones won't do any difference.

But i'll argue with anyone who dares to claim that 'most players prefer the Simulation trucking' over a more casual playstyle and overlook the past server structure, the past polls and any fact that suggests that casual trucking attracts a larger audience than Simulation one.

I'll argue with anyone who mentions the declining playerbase but conveniently overlooks that trainwreck of decisions the TMP administration has enforced over the past years. Decisions that marginalized thousands of players when TMP was the only multiplayer option. Decisions that as we speak show how many players were happy playing on TMP servers.

Archived