[ARCHIVED] How to survive the Norðurfjörður death road

ash.exe

I discovered how you can drive regular trucks with a winter physics mod. The keywords are a weak engine (up to 500 hp), manual gearbox and a 6x4 chassis. The powerful engine pulls the wheels too sharply and the tires don't grip. Trailer - small van, 1 axle. This trailer can be used to pick up loads and will not get stuck. Speed 15-30 km / h. If you drive below 15 km / h, the truck will not be able to drive up. If you drive faster than 30 km / h, there is a high risk of driving off the road. Try in singleplayer or arcade server first. A differential lock is required, but this reduces steerability. Damage cannot be completely avoided. But this is interesting.

Iveco, 310 hp, 16-gears gearbox.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

This road is still decently populated, although I don't think it's going to last much longer because the player count there has been going down on the past 2-3 weekends. 40 players on the road to maybe 15 max. That's still not too bad and it's still fun to drive on so definitely continue to enjoy it while you can and if you haven't driven on it yet at all you definitely should give it a try! More challenging and tighter roads than Kirkenes quarry. Check out my thread on it where I provide some updates on the traffic. Also @Ash_0104 I put a link to your guide in that thread if you didn't notice.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/107235-theres-a-new-popular-road-on-promods-in-northern-iceland/

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...