THE NEW ROAD IN PROMODS 2.60.

Little Meow

hello,

Hi.this is my first blog (or) disscussion .so,pls ignore if there is any mistak

Today I gonna say about a new road which is created by promods and released in version 2.60.I can definatly say that this road can be more ineresting if more player driving in this new road.this an mountain road located in the island that is left side of the map.its about 140kms far from the new city called arkenes city.basically it is an mountain road with very tight turns and there is a checkpost from where the width of the road decreases.[picture of the size is more than 500kb.so i could not upload it].

I used a DAF XG+ 4x2 with a 510hp engine witha 12 speed and a krone refer trailer.

I felt during the turn when the other player was standing[waiting] on the road so that he can go after i have taken the turn.

I request players who play promods to visit this mountain road and enjoy beutiful views with your friends

-[BTA] RISHI LAKSHMAN 

Is there a way to send a photo of the place for us to know too? You can upload the photo to discord / imgur / Lightshot and put the image link in the post, automatically the link will disappear and the image will load.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

It’s the road leading up to Norðurfjörður

I recently drove up it and decided I dislike it. Having never heard anything about it, I was quite surprised to see a fair few driving up and down it and though this must be some sort of new hotspot for traffic. And bang on queue, Toast’s video on it dropped. I gave up having reached the second corner before grinding to a stop and slowly reversed my way back down and pulled off to the side to watch the video. Never going up there again unless I have the misfortune of taking a job there. 

On 12/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, harryp32 said:

It’s the road leading up to Norðurfjörður

I recently drove up it and decided I dislike it. Having never heard anything about it, I was quite surprised to see a fair few driving up and down it and though this must be some sort of new hotspot for traffic. And bang on queue, Toast’s video on it dropped. I gave up having reached the second corner before grinding to a stop and slowly reversed my way back down and pulled off to the side to watch the video. Never going up there again unless I have the misfortune of taking a job there. 

I think Iceland in Promods MP might finally be revived again! Since a video just came out on it, it may have increased its popularity a decent amount. There's a good amount of people on right now even though there's just 500 players online, it might be chaos this weekend.

Edit: I checked it out the ets2map today (31 Dec, around 4:20 pm UK time), it's not peak time until a few hours later but there are a good amount of players on that road right now, could be more people going there, can't let this opportunity go away, let's create a new popular road on promods and maybe Iceland as a whole can be populated again, Kirkenes quarry has been dominating for over 2 years let's bring Iceland back! Get on this weekend! Before now Iceland only had a good amount of players for the first month or two of the promods MP release (Oct 2019).

Edit 2: I advertised the road in the Kirkenes quarry in an attempt to get more players there. Also I was on today and the road didn't have a lot of people on for long, likely due to people doing new year's celebrations. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday there will be more players on the servers.

Edit 3 (1 Jan) This is the road as of 3:25 pm UK (15:25) (10:25 am EST), quite a bit more congested than before. https://prnt.sc/25l3x7n Currently just 1120 players on the server but I think it should grow more (update: it did actually grow to about 1300-1400 players). I will advertise to the roughly 200 players in the Kirkenes quarry like I did yesterday and see if I can attract at least a few players. Not only will that make it have more traffic but it will help keep it alive for longer since there's more traffic.

Edit 4 (2 Jan) I think even more players were on that road and in the surrounding areas today, and the server peaked at around 1300 players. There are still so many players in the Kirkenes quarry so I will continue to advertise the road there like usual. I think I'll set up a ton of saves at multiple areas of the Kirkenes quarry road so I don't need to spend a ton of time driving through it so that should make it much easier. There were at least 25-30 people average and at one point I think there were around 40 people if I were to guess. I even saw 2 admins on there today! Good opportunity to get on and populate it more so it won't potentially die in the future, people need to keep coming back or else it will die, it's not overly crowded yet so it won't cause a ton of issues. I think until it gets 75-100+ players it won't really cause issues. 99% of people do know how to drive there (not crowding corners, leaving enough space, etc.) so it's enjoyable to drive on.

Last edit (15 Jan) before this is probably archived soon: I made my own thread about this as well which is currently active, check that out if you haven't seen it: 

On 12/31/2021 at 6:53 AM, Grey Cat said:

Uh... Traffic is like in Kirkenes quarry and in CB is only china language ? And these heavyhaulers... ? 

Yeah I have no idea why there's so many chinese players. There wasn't many European players on the server today which is unfortunate since that means the player count is going to drop early on the day, most likely people are probably doing new year's stuff. Maybe this weekend there will be more players, promods server peaked at only around 1000 players and didn't stay there for long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived