Before you play ETS/ATS What do you get first?

Brakes

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Is there an application you would recommend instead? If so, which one, and why?

I personnally use GeForce Experience (ShadowPlay). It requires an NVIDIA GPU, but it's designed in a way to have no impact on performance whatsoever. You can download it here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/. Be sure to turn on Instant Replay if you choose to use it (Alt+Z > Instant Replay ; Alt+F10 to save last 5 minutes in-game [length and keybind can be changed in settings]), or alternatively you can use Record (Alt+F9 to start/stop) if you want to record your entire session.

Another alternative is TruckyApp, available from Overwolf. It's basically an overlay with many useful features (the overlay can be disabled if not needed), and one of these features happens to be the record feature. However, it only lets you capture short clips (you can set your length preferences in the settings). The default resolution is 720p30 (if I remember correctly ; I've switched to ShadowPlay ages ago), but you can change it in Overwolf settings (right-click Overwolf in your system tray). Oh, and if you have 8 gigs of RAM don't even bother with TruckyApp, it'll cause more harm than good.

I recommend using ShadowPlay (if you have an NVIDIA GPU) for the following reasons :

• It has no performance impact, whereas using TruckyApp lowers your fps by about 2-3%.
  • TruckyApp has a habbit of crashing, which may not be particularly good if you need to record something.
  • You don't need to start any apps; it starts together with your system
  • You have more flexibility and control over your recordings, like continuous recordings or enabling/disabling system audio and/or microphone input on-the-fly.

However, for streaming I recommend using OBS as ShadowPlay's streaming feature kinda sucks. ?

2 hours ago, Maxim. [FR] said:

I personnally use GeForce Experience (ShadowPlay). It requires an NVIDIA GPU, but it's designed in a way to have no impact on performance whatsoever. You can download it here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/. Be sure to turn on Instant Replay if you choose to use it (Alt+Z > Instant Replay ; Alt+F10 to save last 5 minutes in-game [length and keybind can be changed in settings]), or alternatively you can use Record (Alt+F9 to start/stop) if you want to record your entire session.

Another alternative is TruckyApp, available from Overwolf. It's basically an overlay with many useful features (the overlay can be disabled if not needed), and one of these features happens to be the record feature. However, it only lets you capture short clips (you can set your length preferences in the settings). The default resolution is 720p30 (if I remember correctly ; I've switched to ShadowPlay ages ago), but you can change it in Overwolf settings (right-click Overwolf in your system tray). Oh, and if you have 8 gigs of RAM don't even bother with TruckyApp, it'll cause more harm than good.

I recommend using ShadowPlay (if you have an NVIDIA GPU) for the following reasons :

• It has no performance impact, whereas using TruckyApp lowers your fps by about 2-3%.
  • TruckyApp has a habbit of crashing, which may not be particularly good if you need to record something.
  • You have more flexibility and control over your recordings, like continuous recordings or enabling/disabling system audio and/or microphone input on-the-fly.

However, for streaming I recommend using OBS as ShadowPlay's streaming feature kinda sucks. ?

I have used OBS for quite a few years now, for a lot of different things, including streaming. I havent noticed any FPS drop. But it all depends on the settings you use. Which is great about OBS, that it allows you set so many settings. You could record in 480p if thats what it takes to do it. I record in 720p60, which is more than fine. So i dont know about this FPS drop. ?

12 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

I have used OBS for quite a few years now, for a lot of different things, including streaming. I havent noticed any FPS drop. But it all depends on the settings you use. Which is great about OBS, that it allows you set so many settings. You could record in 480p if thats what it takes to do it. I record in 720p60, which is more than fine. So i dont know about this FPS drop. ?

It depends on a lot of different factors, but in general for a given resolution/framerate/bitrate OBS lags behind GeForce Experience. But I agree, it will vary depending on the settings (for example if you use the ultrafast preset you might not get fps drops, but then the quality of your clip won't be the best)

On 1/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, Maxim. [FR] said:

OBS ? That’s like the worst fps eater :LUL:

Obs can use a lot of resources. (HDD/SSD space, CPU/GPU usage. You need to configure a little bit more. It can be more worse but if everything is configured well and you have a good PC you wouldn't have any frame drops. 

I would not recommend to use Obs if your CPU have less than 6 cores, either the GPU isn't the best. 

1 hour ago, Rechtsfahrgebot said:

Obs can use a lot of resources. (HDD/SSD space, CPU/GPU usage. You need to configure a little bit more. It can be more worse but if everything is configured well and you have a good PC you wouldn't have any frame drops. 

I would not recommend to use Obs if your CPU have less than 6 cores, either the GPU isn't the best. 

I would go further and say that I wouldn’t recommend using OBS unless you want to stream. 

• Community Manager

I prepare my ban hammer. :kappa:

Jokes aside, I enjoy a nice and cold grape Gatorade with some water or Sprite. Always have to be aware on the roads of TruckersMP and those drinks keep me awake. ?

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

On 1/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, Maxim. [FR] said:

Afaik, Trucky has a unique feature on the market: records automatically when you get a collision, useful when you drive on TruckersMP for reports as you haven't to record all the session or use hotkeys quickly to record during an accident.

About performance and stability, last update done in January fixed a lot of small bugs and also some memory issue. Maybe you can give it a try again ?

Trucky - The Virtual Trucker Companion app

Owner and Lead Developer

spacer.png

Mobile App, In-Game Overlay, Dispatcher, Automatic Recording on collision, In-Game Radio streaming, Discord Rich Presence Integration

Download Trucky on your mobile device - Install Trucky for Windows - Trucky Website

4 hours ago, dowmeister said:

Afaik, Trucky has a unique feature on the market: records automatically when you get a collision, useful when you drive on TruckersMP for reports as you haven't to record all the session or use hotkeys quickly to record during an accident.

About performance and stability, last update done in January fixed a lot of small bugs and also some memory issue. Maybe you can give it a try again ?

As I have more or less a mid- to high-end PC those issues didn't affect me. It still sometimes crashes though, which is why I don't rely on its recording feature and have therefore completely disabled it. I still use it for the overlay and Job Dispatcher, though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

Regards,

xBestBBx 

TruckersMP Community Moderator (forums)

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

Regards,

xBestBBx 

TruckersMP Community Moderator (forums)

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived