Speed Limit

16 hours ago, ' kcч ' said:

ENG

A separate server can be opened for 110km/h. because my friends and many players are fed up with this situation.

I'd rather play minecraft than drive in 4th gear.

As players, we have been recommending and demanding 150 km/h speed limit to TMP Officials for years, but no one cares about us.

Apart from the simulation server, we also want a server with crash and 150km/h speed limits, such as the TMP7 server, to be opened. We are not saying that you should change the speed limit of the Sim2 server. Do not recommend the arcade server, it has no taste.

Thanks...

- kcч -
Sincerely...

Congratulation to your first forum post.

I was amused, reading it.

Honestly i use to truck for hours but the speed limits killed the game for me. I logged on this morning and there were a whole 109 people on line.. If you cant drive at a safe speed for the area you are in then you should just get off the game and go play GTA. This game hasnt been the same since the speed limits came out but TMP does not care. If anything...please fix the piss poor zones that are set up. there is no reason while driving down the interstate at 65mph. You shouldnt be force to 45mph just because you are passing over a bridge that goes over a city... Makes heavy haul pointless you lose all of your momentum every single time. 

Speed limits are apart of the simulation experience. However, I used to drive 110km/h on unpopulated roads and on roads such as C-D I would drive the speed limit or in many cases a lower speed. Eventually, I have noticed trucks turning over because of taking turns too fast, or other various speed related accidents. Since I was going too fast as well I crashed trying to avoid ramming. As part of the new year, I shall be driving the speed limit at all times, except those areas that call for a slower speed. After all being on a simulation server means we should embrace the immersion.

I think that the speed limiter has its good and bad sides. But it keeps the simulation more realistic. Of course there is players that will hit everyone in their way, but they'll do it even at 40km/h. For myself, I drive at the speed of the road, 80km/h or 90km/h at the most.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Aras. said:

My opinion is that a rank system should come into the game, just like the senior driver, each rank should have its own speed limit, so that players do not use the speed for a bad purpose, I think.

Really good idea. In additional to what you've said, if a player has been banned from the server in the past 3-6 months, the system should limit their speed to 90 - 110 km/h, I don't know. There needs to be a lot of projecting over this system to ge it working perfectly.

Summing up, I'm a big fan of the speed limiter.

3 hours ago, Lutroz said:

I think that the speed limiter has its good and bad sides. But it keeps the simulation more realistic. Of course there is players that will hit everyone in their way, but they'll do it even at 40km/h. For myself, I drive at the speed of the road, 80km/h or 90km/h at the most.

Really good idea. In additional to what you've said, if a player has been banned from the server in the past 3-6 months, the system should limit their speed to 90 - 110 km/h, I don't know. There needs to be a lot of projecting over this system to ge it working perfectly.

Summing up, I'm a big fan of the speed limiter.

This is exactly what I want to say. We do not want the speed limit to be completely removed, but there should be a rank, level system so that people do not abuse the speed limit to level up and level up. This is just an idea, and better things can be done with a little more thought. Everyone thinks speed limit is a great thing but as you said it has disadvantages but this is a game and everyone can drive at any speed, the goal is to drive without disturbing other players

Thanks for the comment ? 

I don't really care about the speed limit, I just drive my own way. As long as they don't hit me purposely, I'm good 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 5:00 PM, JamesS014 said:

Hi there,

The speed limit is in effect due to our Road to Simulation project.

You can read more about why we made these changes here: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/574.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

JamesS014

TruckersMP Community Manager

After the Convoy mode released, i kinda hoped that you'd see that the RTS project is not viable for an MMO community. How many more players should the game bleed for you to realise that? The convoy mode will eventually expand, and will give more player slots and that will only cause more players to migrate there unless TMP has something to offer that Convoy doesn't. 

ETS2 has a massive community behind it peaking at 50k players, and yet somehow TMP -a Massive Multiplayer mod- struggles to maintain 3k players on its main server. When 3 years ago, the main server peaked at 4.5k with a massive queue.

The usual suggestions (Speed limit, low amount of players, collisions on the arcade) keep appearing in these forums because it's the settings that people want. Give the community an arcade server with collisions to get the mod growing again and attract more people and hold your main focus on the RTS project for those who do care about it. 

I really hope you consider it before it's too late.

8 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

After the Convoy mode released, i kinda hoped that you'd see that the RTS project is not viable for an MMO community. How many more players should the game bleed for you to realise that? The convoy mode will eventually expand, might even give more player slots and that will only cause more players to migrate there unless TMP has something to offer that Convoy doesn't. 

ETS2 has a massive community behind it peaking at 50k players, and yet somehow TMP -a Massive Multiplayer mod- struggles to maintain 3k players on its main server. When 3 years ago, the main server peaked at 4.5k with a massive queue.

The usual suggestions (Speed limit, low amount of players, collisions on the arcade) keep appearing in these forums because it's the settings that people want. Give the community an arcade server with no collisions to get the mod growing again and attract more people and hold your main focus on the RTS project for those who do care about it. 

I really hope you consider it before it's too late.

ETS2 is a simulation game, not an arcade-type game. Road to simulation was a good change, as there are now way less idiots going 150 down busy roads, causing issues to players who do actually care about simulation. If you want to go faster than the 90/110 limit, you are welcome to do so on Arcade servers or in single player, but Simulation servers are here for the purpose of simulation, as their name implies. 

2 minutes ago, Maxim. [FR] said:

ETS2 is a simulation game, not an arcade-type game. Road to simulation was a good change, as there are now way less idiots going 150 down busy roads, causing issues to players who do actually care about simulation. If you want to go faster than the 90/110 limit, you are welcome to do so on Arcade servers or in single player, but Simulation servers are here for the purpose of simulation, as their name implies. 

That's why i suggested to enable collisions on the arcade servers and not to remove the speed limit on the Sim server.

Just now, Random_Truck_Driver said:

That's why i suggested to enable collisions on the arcade servers and not to remove the speed limit on the Sim server.

Arcade servers are better without collisions, for the following reasons :

- Driving-related rules do not apply there, so you can drive as fast and as recklessly as you want, without getting any punishment for it. It also means that moderators are not required to be on Arcade servers, keeping them available for Simulation servers. 

- People who are targeted (streamers etc) might want to drive with no collisions to avoid trolls

- People doing jobs may also want to use arcade servers so that they don’t take damage from idiots with no brakes (aka Hondas)

- Arcade servers are for fun, not for trolling/griefing. Enabling collisions would turn the server into the mess that Europe 1 used to be, which no one wants.  

4 minutes ago, Maxim. [FR] said:

- Driving-related rules do not apply there, so you can drive as fast and as recklessly as you want, without getting any punishment for it. It also means that moderators are not required to be on Arcade servers, keeping them available for Simulation servers. 

And moderators can still stay on the Sim servers. I'm not arguing to enforce moderation on arcade. Add collisions and have players accept the fact that they're playing on an un-moderated and possibly unsafe environment. 

- People who are targeted (streamers etc) might want to drive with no collisions to avoid trolls

- People doing jobs may also want to use arcade servers so that they don’t take damage from idiots with no brakes (aka Hondas)

- Arcade servers are for fun, not for trolling/griefing. Enabling collisions would turn the server into the mess that Europe 1 used to be, which no one wants.  

Arcade servers are useless and average 100 players per day. I was here before the RTS settings and #EU2 was full back in the day and nobody seemed to mind. If no one wanted then there wouldn't be the same suggestion posts month after month. 

And i'm not here to argue with another player whether it's good or not to have collisions on the arcade. I'm here to ask for a solution from the Community Manager on the bleeding playerbase, who is the only person with the power to act on it. In case you haven't noticed, the mod lost half of its playerbase within a 6 month period. The main server struggles to peak 3k players per day which is a number that the game peaked back in 2016, when ets2 had 8k average players on steam. In comparison, ETS2 today has 25k average players and yet the mod struggles which means something is wrong.

28 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

And moderators can still stay on the Sim servers. I'm not arguing to enforce moderation on arcade. Add collisions and have players accept the fact that they're playing on an un-moderated and possibly unsafe environment. 

Arcade servers are useless and average 100 players per day. I was here before the RTS settings and #EU2 was full back in the day and nobody seemed to mind. If no one wanted then there wouldn't be the same suggestion posts month after month. 

And i'm not here to argue with another player whether it's good or not to have collisions on the arcade. I'm here to ask for a solution from the Community Manager on the bleeding playerbase, who is the only person with the power to act on it. In case you haven't noticed, the mod lost half of its playerbase within a 6 month period. The main server struggles to peak 3k players per day which is a number that the game peaked back in 2016, when ets2 had 8k average players on steam. In comparison, ETS2 today has 25k average players and yet the mod struggles which means something is wrong.

1. There’s not only 1 community manager

2. Having collisions on arcade is not what will attract players

3. We did get full servers during the winter break when people weren’t working; now that people are back to work they have less time.

3. We did get full servers during the winter break when people weren’t working; now that people are back to work they have less time.

The past few years, the game peaked at 12k players during the holidays. This year it peaked at 6k. Apparently this looks the same to you.

EDIT: And by the way, the years (and 2017-2019) the servers peaked (I'm not counting the quarantine period of 2020 &  2021) for the entire afternoon no matter the holiday season. I know because i used to have daily sessions back then.  Now, in the peak of the day, the main server will have at best case 3k players.

2. Having collisions on arcade is not what will attract players

I'm sure you have good reasons to think that. Which is why i said, i'm not interested in debating this with you.

In my opinion, speed limit is to ensure everyone's driving safety, especially in the intersection area of curves and freeway ramps. Maybe you can react and slow down in a short time, but other players will be affected and have accidents because of server delay or various reasons. Obey the traffic rules and drive obediently is the safest way.

i like it, i drive at 90 KPH all the time with the limiter enabled and I feel happy to drive at that speed all the time

I don't get the people who tell you to "speed up" or "to give way" or they just blast past at any cost

I remember i had one person who reported me for "driving to slow on Calais- duis road" and that apparently there was a set of rules for that road.... he got perma banned for being an idiot xD

I wish there wasn't a speed limiter. Me and around 6 people from my old crew stopped playing TruckersMP a few years ago when the speed limiter was turned on in Sim servers. It's just way too boring to go at max 110km/h for a straight line with no trucks around for like 10 minutes. Not to mention how pointless progression ends up being, as you grind for better trucks and can't even go fast and push the limits of it/feel the dopamine surge of progress.

We tried playing Arcade for a while, but both the lack of collision and especially the lack of players were a major turn off, we ended up playing in other MP servers.

TruckersMP with no speed limiter used to be tons of fun (and it had its peak of players in that era because of it). Trolls aren't really deterred by the speed limiter so it feels more like a shot on the foot by the devs.

On 1/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Maxim. [FR] said:

Enabling collisions would turn the server into the mess that Europe 1 used to be, which no one wants.  

If I remember correctly, TruckersMP peaked in players with a messy Europe 1. Care to elaborate how no one really wants it?

7 hours ago, Frandaero said:

It's just way too boring to go at max 110km/h for a straight line with no trucks around for like 10 minutes.

The lack of traffic is rather a question of player numbers than the speed limit.

8 hours ago, Frandaero said:

Not to mention how pointless progression ends up being, as you grind for better trucks and can't even go fast and push the limits of it/feel the dopamine surge of progress.

While a truckers life is certainly contingented of short time frames, the time provided for delivery in ATS/ ETS2 is usually more than generous and doesn't require anybody to drive at excessive speed.

Progression respectively leveling up needs time. Hasting through the game however will make you miss most of the experience of being a virtual truck driver.

14 hours ago, Frandaero said:

I wish there wasn't a speed limiter. Me and around 6 people from my old crew stopped playing TruckersMP a few years ago when the speed limiter was turned on in Sim servers. It's just way too boring to go at max 110km/h for a straight line with no trucks around for like 10 minutes. Not to mention how pointless progression ends up being, as you grind for better trucks and can't even go fast and push the limits of it/feel the dopamine surge of progress.

We tried playing Arcade for a while, but both the lack of collision and especially the lack of players were a major turn off, we ended up playing in other MP servers.

TruckersMP with no speed limiter used to be tons of fun (and it had its peak of players in that era because of it). Trolls aren't really deterred by the speed limiter so it feels more like a shot on the foot by the devs.

If I remember correctly, TruckersMP peaked in players with a messy Europe 1. Care to elaborate how no one really wants it?

He's right.After all it's a game and it should be played as a game not real life.We play video games to escape from the reality to relax not to simulate a virtual real life.Agree with it or not but there there was Europe server then the europe 2 or 1 I dont remember properly used to have queue of people equalling to the server capacity but now,I dont need to elaborate on that as you guys know.If a troll wants to crash every other player they see they will even do it if the speed limit is set at 50 mph or 20 mph,it doesn't really deter them. @mwl4 @ShawnCZek 

5 hours ago, McLaren2555 said:

If a troll wants to crash every other player they see they will even do it if the speed limit is set at 50 mph or 20 mph,it doesn't really deter them

The speed limit was never meant to be a solution against trolls.

It is a mean to reduce the high number of accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

Regards,

xBestBBx 

TruckersMP Community Moderator (forums)

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived