Why is no one playing American Truck Simulator?

LipeLeandro

I played ats for the first time I enjoyed in offline mode, I tried online mode and I didn't see other player, unlike ets when I played was full of players everywhere..

I got a bit disappointed in online mode, I think I will play in off, there are cars and vivid traffic, on mp you can see only the wind and the landscape no other vehicules

Here is the story. ATS used to be very popular and still is although most people play ETS. Back 1 year ago there used to be 1500 to 2100 people on, the reason why there isn't much people on anymore is because most people quit or they went to ETS and rarely ever play ATS. Now I'm hoping ATS increases in activity, because I'm on everyday and I see the activity fluctuating each time, and it goes higher and higher or maybe even lower at some points. All I'm gonna say is stay tuned because the TruckersMP Staff are trying their hardest to acknowledge and get ATS back up on its feet. I'm right on their side for that also; Hope you have a wonderful New Years!! and I wish you the best!!

Truck Brakes ?

23 minutes ago, Truck brakes said:

Here is the story. ATS used to be very popular and still is although most people play ETS. Back 1 year ago there used to be 1500 to 2100 people on, the reason why there isn't much people on anymore is because most people quit or they went to ETS and rarely ever play ATS. Now I'm hoping ATS increases in activity, because I'm on everyday and I see the activity fluctuating each time, and it goes higher and higher or maybe even lower at some points. All I'm gonna say is stay tuned because the TruckersMP Staff are trying their hardest to acknowledge and get ATS back up on its feet. I'm right on their side for that also; Hope you have a wonderful New Years!! and I wish you the best!!

Truck Brakes ?

I see, ok thanks!

ATS is a good game, but ETS has more features and more players. It's a circle, when more players play ETS there come more than a game where no one is playing

Eng:

I think I'm the real one, when it isn't true then don't say it to others! ?

GER:

Ich glaube ich bin der Echte, wenn nicht, dann sag's keinem weiter psssssst ?

So the content for ATS is almost on level with ETS2. The map size is getting there and so is the content. But the main reason why ATS is less populated than ETS2? Because ETS2 has more players on the server. Its like People always complain around here that no one is out in the discos before midnight, So they stay home till midnight. But if the people complaining just went to the disco before midnight there would be people at the discos before midnight. Its the same here. A lot of people play on ETS2 cause that is where the most people are. But if all those people that did that, just played ATS, then ATS would have a lot more players. But i also think that more players buy ETS2 than ATS, cause its often cheaper. But i am not sure about that.

Honestly, I have no idea, the game has been getting so much better over the past few years it deserves way more players. Many people aren't realizing that this game has much more content now in terms of map and other DLC, a good amount of truck choices now, and even base map reworks, if you don't know California is a big one being worked on right now, some parts of northern California are currently finished and right now they're working on improving quite a bit of cities around northern California. https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/12/california-dreamin-3-development-insight.html

2 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

Honestly, I have no idea, the game has been getting so much better over the past few years it deserves way more players. Many people aren't realizing that this game has much more content now in terms of map and other DLC, a good amount of truck choices now, and even base map reworks, if you don't know California is a big one being worked on right now, northern California is currently reworked and right now they're working on improving many cities around northern California. https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/12/california-dreamin-3-development-insight.html

I only had played ETS2, I just installed ATS and I enjoyed, it has beautiful graphics, landscapes, it should have more players in online mode

7 hours ago, Granite said:

When you don't have enough "idiots on the road" vids with lot of views and likes you won't get many players ...

If ATSMP is to ever be revived permanently, it needs a popular road, maybe when a decent amount of California gets reworked, there might be a nice road that could be populated. And keep in mind even if there is a popular road I'm sure there will still be players all over the map. For example in ETS2, a good amount of Germany is decently populated, I noticed western and northern Germany have the most players (not including Duisburg, Dusseldorf or Cologne), it's not just CD road.

ATS is a really nice game. It probably has better scenery than ETS2 (Not saying ETS2 is bad, but some areas are quite old). I think the main reason there aren't as many players in ATS than in ETS2 because:

• Content like "Idiots on the Road" have encouraged people to drive on the CD road in ETS2 because of how busy and lively the area is. 
  • ETS2 was released first, hence more people are probably aware of ETS2 than ATS. Additionally, the large majority of TMP users may prefer to drive on their own native areas in Europe. (I am not sure how large the audience is in ATS but I can imagine it might be smaller than the ETS2 community. 

If you do wish to drive around with more people in ATS, I suggest you consider attending a convoy in ATS. Most VTCs in the TMP community may allow public members to participate in convoys in both ETS2 and ATS. TMP and TFM may also host some convoys and these are usually announced on the same page as well. https://truckersmp.com/events

banner

ATS is a great game and has its place in TMP too, even if not many people play there.

I can only speculate on why.

But I think it might have something to do with that fewer people own ATS than ETS?

And then of course that people are pulled to more people. Because they don't want the dead roads in ATS.

I really wish more people played ATS, but for now I mainly only drive ATS after a new DLC release. As more people will be on the servers then ?

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

On 12/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, Truck brakes said:

Truck Brakes ?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived