Please Deactivate "Ghost Mode" on Arcade Server.

SilentWarriorTF

3 minutes ago, Maxim. [FR] said:

TruckersMP is a mass online multiplayer, SCS is local. There’s kind of a big difference.  

That's my point, exactly! TMP needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of traffic. So It can't and won't exist without a solid playerbase. 

Convoy mode on the other hand can provide a great trucking experience to players even on servers with 32 or 64 slots. That is because 15-20 trucks combined with AI traffic is a much more realistic experience than the one we're getting in TMP.

TMP's only advantage is having a big enough playerbase in order to give players a massive multiplayer experience. And it won't survive another drop in playerbase

9 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

That's my point, exactly! TMP needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of traffic. So It can't and won't exist without a solid playerbase. 

Convoy mode on the other hand can provide a great trucking experience to players even on servers with 32 or 64 slots. That is because 15-20 trucks combined with AI traffic is a much more realistic experience than the one we're getting in TMP.

TMP's only advantage is having a big enough playerbase in order to give players a massive multiplayer experience. And it won't survive another drop in playerbase

I promise you that we are gonna survive what ever is getting thrown at us. We have done so since 2014 and we will continue to do so. And as far as i know, SCS will never make what we have here. There would be no reason for them to do so. There is no monetary gain from doing so. With their convoy thing they dont need servers to run things. You are the server. As everything is P2P, the one hosting the game is the server. Saves SCS quite a lot of money. Doing what we do here, would just be an extra expense that wont pay itself back. So i dont see that happening. And even if SCS where to make what we have here, it likely would not be a big difference from this. As they would also need rules to make the servers a nice place to drive for everyone. And who knows? We might have traffic in the future. I cant know for sure if we would, but i can only imagine that someone is thinking about how to do it.

In regards to having an arcade server with collision? That has been discussed multiple times. And its not gonna happen. You can do almost anything you want on the Arcade server, but you cant hit other people. If you want collision you have to play on the simulator servers, which is what this game is about, simulation. If you want to drive at insane speeds and crash into things, then fine, play Single Player or Convoy. Cause then you are then only one getting damage, you are only ruining the game for your self. Not for anyone else like you would if you crashed into people on the Simulation Servers. And the thing is, this is our mod. Our devs at TMP made this. You play here for totally free. You dont have to pay anything. Which also means that since this is our mod, we set the rules. If you dont like them, we dont force you to play. You can go play Convoy or single player. But here we try and make the servers a good experience for people who are here to drive a truck as SCS intended it to be done. If you want high speed and crashing, there is plenty of other games out there to do that in. So the arcade server is not gonna be no collision.

9 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

I promise you that we are gonna survive what ever is getting thrown at us. We have done so since 2014 and we will continue to do so. And as far as i know, SCS will never make what we have here. There would be no reason for them to do so. There is no monetary gain from doing so. With their convoy thing they dont need servers to run things. You are the server. As everything is P2P, the one hosting the game is the server. Saves SCS quite a lot of money. Doing what we do here, would just be an extra expense that wont pay itself back. So i dont see that happening. And even if SCS where to make what we have here, it likely would not be a big difference from this. As they would also need rules to make the servers a nice place to drive for everyone. And who knows? We might have traffic in the future. I cant know for sure if we would, but i can only imagine that someone is thinking about how to do it.

But i never said SCS will create an MMO TMP-like experience. P2P servers can operate with 32 and 64 slots and in the latter years they've gone up to even more slots. I've seen P2P servers operating with 100 players.

I also mentioned Community Servers because that's another thing that SCS could and probably will provide. SCS doesn't necessarily have to host the servers themselves. What they can do, is they can allow Community Servers to operate. Community Servers are exactly what the name implies.

An example:

A community like TMP can ask SCS for a license to be aprooved so they can setup two or three 64 players slotted servers with the Convoy Mode game build. The moderation and the costs falls in the hands of TMP and SCS distributes the game build that operates on these servers. They still don't need to run things and they let moderation and costs on the communities. 

SCS has mentioned that they want to increase the player limit in the Convoy mode. The example i mentioned won't change how their multiplayer works. It's still P2P technology but instead of forcing the player to be the server they rely on independent machinery and the community to provide the servers and the moderation.

I wish i could take your statement of TMP's survival for granted. But to be honest, TMP had no competition ever since 2014. It's not battle tested because all these years there were no other multiplayer options in the market. So basically everyone who wanted to play ETS2 online would simply join TMP Servers. Nowadays a new player on ETS2 can enjoy multiplayer without ever bothering to look for TMP. He might never learn that TMP exists because the native game (ETS2) offers multiplayer. In the past, if you wanted to play multiplayer you had to come at TMP.

And the moment Convoy mode reached the surface, TMP's playerbase dropped in half. And right now Convoy mode offers 8 slots. And SCS has mentioned their willingness to expand the player slots. Imagine when that number goes up to 32 & 64. Can you honestly think that TMP's current state is a better experience than 32 or 64 truck convoys with AI traffic? Because i don't. There's only one advantage in TMP. And that's the massive multiplayer. The fact that i can drive on the C-D road and meet hundreds of other players is the only advantage that the mod offers and if the playerbase keeps on falling, that advantage won't be anymore.

And if you don't believe me, the answer is right in front of you, 4 threads below this one. When players asked what do they miss the most in TMP, look what they answered.

And if they do now, you can imagine their answer when Convoy mode expands and the playerbase receives another hit.

In regards to having an arcade server with collision? That has been discussed multiple times. And its not gonna happen. You can do almost anything you want on the Arcade server, but you cant hit other people. If you want collision you have to play on the simulator servers, which is what this game is about, simulation. If you want to drive at insane speeds and crash into things, then fine, play Single Player or Convoy. Cause then you are then only one getting damage, you are only ruining the game for your self. Not for anyone else like you would if you crashed into people on the Simulation Servers.

The thing is people assume that just because i don't like the Speed Limit or the no-collisions option on the arcade, it has to be that either i want to drive at insane speeds or that i want to crash into people. I don't like the arcade server because it roughly has any people to play with. Several players in here that enjoy the Simulation aspect of the game have admitted that they used to play on #EU2 before the Road to Simulation and not the Simulation Server (#EU1 i think it was) because #EU1 had roughly any players in it. It's the nature of TMP that the server with the most people will attract even more people. Because the maps are huge & require thousands of players to fill even a small portion.

And the thing is, this is our mod. Our devs at TMP made this. You play here for totally free. You dont have to pay anything. Which also means that since this is our mod, we set the rules. If you dont like them, we dont force you to play. You can go play Convoy or single player. But here we try and make the servers a good experience for people who are here to drive a truck as SCS intended it to be done. If you want high speed and crashing, there is plenty of other games out there to do that in. So the arcade server is not gonna be no collision.

The fact that the arcade server is not gonna get collisions is the reason why this is a discussion thread, and not a suggestion. Yes indeed this is your mod. And it had a good run for the past 8 years. It started when the ETS2 had ~4k average players and immediately peaked at 2.5k players. That's amazing. It means that almost all people who played ETS2 were also enjoying playing at TMP. And the mod kept growing and growing. Until it didn't. Not anymore.

And the sad part is that ETS2 has an average of ~25k people playing it today. It means that the game is still growing and only the mod is dying. You can't have a niche and simulation-oriented community in a massive multiplayer game. The reason that you fail to see that even after Convoy's release, is also the reason that i have no doubt in my mind that this mod has a little bit of life remaining. 

I don't see the difference between TruckersMP and a "Community ran" Convoy mode server with dozens or hundreds of players. Sooner rather than later, that server would need to have rules, same as TruckersMP, sooner rather than later they'd find their teams overwhelmed with reports, complaints from banned people, appeals, etc. Most likely, sooner rather than later that server would become limited in ways that many players would not like. So it would become nothing other than a copy of TruckersMP ran by a different team, with mods and AI, true, but also with a lot less players.

About the competition and how it affected TruckersMP, that's something that can't be changed by TMP. Convoy mode is a thing already and unless SCS decided to remove it, there will always be people who will rather use this mode instead of TruckersMP, no matter what TMP does on their side. I can't believe that players who left TMP because they wanted a peaceful convoy with their friends, modded trucks and AI traffic would come back only because TMP made a server where they can do 150 or 200 Km/h instead of 110 Km/h.

Finally, the thing about the Arcade servers is that making them collisions-enabled would not only affect YOU. It would affect everyone who use them and the team that has to moderate it. You may want only the speed, but you can't avoid the insane increase in crashes that you or others would cause because of speeding. And the insane increase in reports, bans, appeals... Believe it or not, there are people who want to drive at insane speeds and crash into others. It's not because of YOU that the Arcade servers have no collisions, it's about everyone. Both the players and the Game Moderation Team. Will this mean the end of TruckersMP? I don't believe so, but I can be wrong. If that day comes, well, we will still have single player and the Convoy mode if we want to keep playing, by ourselves or with others. The game existed before TruckersMP and will keep existing if TruckersMP disappears. It's how life works. Simulation at its best.

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't see the difference between TruckersMP and a "Community ran" Convoy mode server with dozens or hundreds of players. Sooner rather than later, that server would need to have rules, same as TruckersMP, sooner rather than later they'd find their teams overwhelmed with reports, complaints from banned people, appeals, etc. Most likely, sooner rather than later that server would become limited in ways that many players would not like. So it would become nothing other than a copy of TruckersMP ran by a different team, with mods and AI, true, but also with a lot less players.

Well, it's not so straightforward but yes. The way it goes in other games is that one community is able to decide whether they want to moderate the server or not. But you need to remember that 64 players is a lot easier to manage than thousands of players that ride the TMP roads on a daily basis. TMP is an MMO. Convoy will never be and thus it will be a lot easier for things to function. One admin will be more than enough to moderate an entire server.

About the competition and how it affected TruckersMP, that's something that can't be changed by TMP. Convoy mode is a thing already and unless SCS decided to remove it, there will always be people who will rather use this mode instead of TruckersMP, no matter what TMP does on their side. I can't believe that players who left TMP because they wanted a peaceful convoy with their friends, modded trucks and AI traffic would come back only because TMP made a server where they can do 150 or 200 Km/h instead of 110 Km/h.

I agree. There are a bunch of people who left TMP for reasons beyond the speed limit, the collisions zone in arcade etc. There are several small groups of people who like to drive together in Convoy in a safe and peaceful environment. The thing about these players is that no matter what they probably won't come back, so there's nothing you can do about them. What you can do though is, just like we have to accept a bunch of rules before joining TMP servers (with every new version), you can always make the players accept the fact that if you want to play on a server with no speed limit and enabled collisions, you also have to accept the fact that there will be no moderation. Ι understand that moderation is resource intensive and it requires a bunch of people watching over the roads. That will at least attract a bunch of players back to the mod. 

Finally, the thing about the Arcade servers is that making them collisions-enabled would not only affect YOU. It would affect everyone who use them and the team that has to moderate it. You may want only the speed, but you can't avoid the insane increase in crashes that you or others would cause because of speeding. And the insane increase in reports, bans, appeals... Believe it or not, there are people who want to drive at insane speeds and crash into others. It's not because of YOU that the Arcade servers have no collisions, it's about everyone. Both the players and the Game Moderation Team. Will this mean the end of TruckersMP? I don't believe so, but I can be wrong. If that day comes, well, we will still have single player and the Convoy mode if we want to keep playing, by ourselves or with others. The game existed before TruckersMP and will keep existing if TruckersMP disappears. It's how life works. Simulation at its best.

This is where i disagree. You're basically saying that nothing should change in TMP. People come into the forums month after month after month and request one server with these settings. Now i'm not precisely saying that TMP as a community will die. TMP can always adapt to the Community servers of SCS and become what it always wanted to be. A niche simulation-oriented community but if the TMP team wants to keep their massive multiplayer alive, they'll have to address the community which in the end of the day is what makes a massive multiplayer game exist.

I simply can't believe that the TMP team prefers to have less players in a mod that's basically defined by the number of players who play it. It's not a matter of opinion, if there is not a sufficient amount of players to make up for the massive part that defines the mod, there will be no mod. 

I'm not saying that nothing should change. But changing for the worse, IMO, is not the way to go. It's been explained lots of times why high speed+collisions is worse than the current situation. The alternating-vehicles were added. Soon enough, there will be the new DBus World mode in TruckersMP. Massive events are carried out quite often. The addition of NPC traffic has been already tested and AFAIK is still being worked into, so that's another possibility that we may see in the future. EDIT: Server-Sided economy and profiles is something that has been mentioned too.

The problem is that there's not so much that can be added to such specific games as the ones we have here. NPC traffic and mods are the only plus that I see Convoy has over TMP, but only because it's a lot easier to have the traffic and the mods synchronized among 8 players than among 4000. The other "bonuses" would be the "no speed limits" and the "no rules", but I wouldn't want those in TruckersMP anyway, so...

About your last comment... I'd say that the TMP team has clearly stated, many times, that they prefer less players behaving than more players wreaking havoc in the servers. It's them who define the mod, not the number of players, if they decided to have a simulation-oriented mod, players have to accept that, or leave. It would seem that the number of players who accepted this is enough for the team.

14 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I agree. There are a bunch of people who left TMP for reasons beyond the speed limit, the collisions zone in arcade etc. There are several small groups of people who like to drive together in Convoy in a safe and peaceful environment. The thing about these players is that no matter what they probably won't come back, so there's nothing you can do about them. What you can do though is, just like we have to accept a bunch of rules before joining TMP servers (with every new version), you can always make the players accept the fact that if you want to play on a server with no speed limit and enabled collisions, you also have to accept the fact that there will be no moderation. Ι understand that moderation is resource intensive and it requires a bunch of people watching over the roads. That will at least attract a bunch of players back to the mod.

But you gotta remember that we have the website report system. And people who report there will do so using video evidence. And so even if we disabled reporting on the server itself, people would still record and make reports on the website. And sure we could do just as we do with the arcade servers and decline reports that come from the arcade server (if what reported is allowed on the arcade server), but as we can see when we moderate the arcade server, there is quite a few reports on there from people who havent understood that you are allowed to drive the wrong way, or that you can block on the arcade or so forth. Cause there are reports on there containing that. And so even if we remove reporting on the server itself, people will just record and put it on our website instead. And having to decline hundreds of reports from this no rules server in the website report system, is just as much work as to accept the reports and ban people. So even if the server has no rules, i am sure people would still use the webreport system to report them. That server will be chaos. We see it every time we do our birthday server which is this kind of no moderation server. People go ham and it ends up as a destruction derby server instead. Which will also happen if we make a no rules arcade server with collision. Which is not what TMP is about.

This is where i disagree. You're basically saying that nothing should change in TMP. People come into the forums month after month after month and request one server with these settings. Now i'm not precisely saying that TMP as a community will die. TMP can always adapt to the Community servers of SCS and become what it always wanted to be. A niche simulation-oriented community but if the TMP team wants to keep their massive multiplayer alive, they'll have to address the community which in the end of the day is what makes a massive multiplayer game exist.

I simply can't believe that the TMP team prefers to have less players in a mod that's basically defined by the number of players who play it. It's not a matter of opinion, if there is not a sufficient amount of players to make up for the massive part that defines the mod, there will be no mod. 

And the sad part is that ETS2 has an average of ~25k people playing it today. It means that the game is still growing and only the mod is dying. You can't have a niche and simulation-oriented community in a massive multiplayer game. The reason that you fail to see that even after Convoy's release, is also the reason that i have no doubt in my mind that this mod has a little bit of life remaining.

But you really also gotta remember that we had 6000 players on in the weekend, and a fraction of those are in the forum. And the people who are unhappy are usually also the loudest. So just cause there are some that yell in the forums for a collision arcade server, it dosent mean that it is what the community wants. It just means its what some of the people who use the forum wants. And as i said, this is our mod. And what we want out of it is the simulation aspects. We are not in this for the money. None of us earns anything from this. We are all here on a volunteer basis. We are not a company where earning money is a top priority. We provide this all for free. And if people leave we are not gonna change a lot of things to try and keep them all here, we are not abandoning our visions and ideas for this. Its our mod and so you play by our rules.  And you gotta remember that a lot of new players are constantly buying ETS2 and ATS, but they dont know we exists. Its not like Steam or SCS for that matter has a lot about us. So the only way you are gonna find out we are here, is if someone tells you that we are. Or that you catch a stream of TMP somewhere or a Youtube video. We are not having ads to tell people that we exist. So if some random player buys this on stream, they will never know we are here, unless someone tells them we are. And if we look at statistics we, we lost about an average of 3000 players on the servers since convoy came out. 4 years ago we ran 9000 players on a Saturday, and this weekend we ran 6000. Things go up and down. We are not really concerned.

A few days ago I was looking at some of the old comments on a bunch of pages on the Road to Simulation thread over 2 years ago and someone suggested (or maybe a few people), that there should be an arcade server with collisions BUT with no road rules that way the admins won't have to moderate it and it can be a wreckfest server. They have done that in the past with the TMP5 [No Road Rules] server (plus police cars as well) and I think a few other times as well from what I heard.

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I'm not saying that nothing should change. But changing for the worse, IMO, is not the way to go. It's been explained lots of times why high speed+collisions is worse than the current situation. The alternating-vehicles were added. Soon enough, there will be the new DBus World mode in TruckersMP. Massive events are carried out quite often. The addition of NPC traffic has been already tested and AFAIK is still being worked into, so that's another possibility that we may see in the future. EDIT: Server-Sided economy and profiles is something that has been mentioned too.

The problem is that there's not so much that can be added to such specific games as the ones we have here. NPC traffic and mods are the only plus that I see Convoy has over TMP, but only because it's a lot easier to have the traffic and the mods synchronized among 8 players than among 4000. The other "bonuses" would be the "no speed limits" and the "no rules", but I wouldn't want those in TruckersMP anyway, so...

About your last comment... I'd say that the TMP team has clearly stated, many times, that they prefer less players behaving than more players wreaking havoc in the servers. It's them who define the mod, not the number of players, if they decided to have a simulation-oriented mod, players have to accept that, or leave. It would seem that the number of players who accepted this is enough for the team.

I don't deny the fact that TMP mod has made amazing progress in some areas of the game. I personally never expected that map modifications would be made possible. The Brussels intersection is an amazing modification that's worth noting. Server-side economy would finally enforce a safer driving behavior once and for all and i wish such a change would have come by now. Players would finally balance their decisions on whether to overtake or not, especially on C-D road.

The thing is though that these features have minor impact on the playerbase, otherwise the server would still be full on a daily basis. I understand that you don't see this as a problem, at least on the size that i do. I also understand that TMP is looking for 'quality' over quantity.

I just don't see this as the right decision given that the mod's nature requires a large number of players to give an enjoyable & immersive experience and to attract even more players. It's kind of impossible to get quality and at the same time offer a massive multiplayer experience. The only reason it worked the past years was because TMP was the only multiplayer option of ETS2.

So I don't expect that the playerbase will magically rise again. On the opposite, as the Convoy mode will get more features & more updates, TMP will become more & more irrelevant.

So let me ask you this: At which point, will you decide that the number of players is not enough for you to play on the TMP Servers because they feel empty?

4 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

But you gotta remember that we have the website report system. And people who report there will do so using video evidence. And so even if we disabled reporting on the server itself, people would still record and make reports on the website. And sure we could do just as we do with the arcade servers and decline reports that come from the arcade server (if what reported is allowed on the arcade server), but as we can see when we moderate the arcade server, there is quite a few reports on there from people who havent understood that you are allowed to drive the wrong way, or that you can block on the arcade or so forth. Cause there are reports on there containing that. And so even if we remove reporting on the server itself, people will just record and put it on our website instead. And having to decline hundreds of reports from this no rules server in the website report system, is just as much work as to accept the reports and ban people. So even if the server has no rules, i am sure people would still use the webreport system to report them. That server will be chaos. We see it every time we do our birthday server which is this kind of no moderation server. People go ham and it ends up as a destruction derby server instead. Which will also happen if we make a no rules arcade server with collision. Which is not what TMP is about.

EDIT: After Fernando's input from the next post.

This problem can be addressed by disabling the /pinfo command inside the server.  This problem can be addressed by disabling any information containing the playerId within the server. If there's no information, there's nothing to report basically.

But you really also gotta remember that we had 6000 players on in the weekend, and a fraction of those are in the forum. And the people who are unhappy are usually also the loudest. So just cause there are some that yell in the forums for a collision arcade server, it dosent mean that it is what the community wants. It just means its what some of the people who use the forum wants. And as i said, this is our mod. And what we want out of it is the simulation aspects. We are not in this for the money. None of us earns anything from this. We are all here on a volunteer basis. We are not a company where earning money is a top priority. We provide this all for free. And if people leave we are not gonna change a lot of things to try and keep them all here, we are not abandoning our visions and ideas for this. Its our mod and so you play by our rules.  And you gotta remember that a lot of new players are constantly buying ETS2 and ATS, but they dont know we exists. Its not like Steam or SCS for that matter has a lot about us. So the only way you are gonna find out we are here, is if someone tells you that we are. Or that you catch a stream of TMP somewhere or a Youtube video. We are not having ads to tell people that we exist. So if some random player buys this on stream, they will never know we are here, unless someone tells them we are. And if we look at statistics we, we lost about an average of 3000 players on the servers since convoy came out. 4 years ago we ran 9000 players on a Saturday, and this weekend we ran 6000. Things go up and down. We are not really concerned.

I mean you said it yourself. There's not a large input of new players in this community. The same things i said to Fernando above, apply here aswell.

You have a massive multiplayer and in the same time you're looking for quality players. Unfortunately, this is not something that goes hand-in-hand. The past years, TMP was surviving by monopolizing the multiplayer on ETS2. I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but as a fact. Anyone who wanted to enjoy multiplayer on ETS2 would eventually find TMP, and that favorably contributed to the massive part of the mod because it wasn't a choice, it was a one-way street. 

The past 6 months, Convoy mode has reached the surface and players don't even have to find out about TMP in order to enjoy Multiplayer. And as Convoy, will get more features & more updates, TMP will become more & more irrelevant. Players will drop even further and at that point, TMP won't be able to support the massive part of multiplayer.

And that's why i'm arguing that, this is not a viable plan. I don't consider the results you got as a positive thing by comparing a weekend 4 years ago with this weekend. 4 years ago, ETS2 had 10k less monthly players on average than today, and yet the mod had more players.

ETS2 is a really popular game and the mod that should have been growning with the game side-by-side, simply doesn't.

I don't know, i just see the playerbase changes as well as the fact that ETS2 is currently a really popular game as a huge red flag, and your unwillingness to act upon it, has only one outcome in my mind. 

51 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

So let me ask you this: At which point, will you decide that the number of players is not enough for you to play on the TMP Servers because they feel empty?

I drive mostly on DLC areas, TruckersMP has always felt pretty empty to me, but I never cared, so I don't see why I should start caring now. Seeing other players only from time to time is enough for me. And a lot better than seeing a constant flow of "Idiots on the road" at 150 Km/h or faster destroying my cargo.

58 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

This problem can be addressed by disabling the /pinfo command inside the server. If there's no information, there's nothing to report basically.

In case you didn't know, TruckersMP has the option to show the players TMPid right besides the name, so there's no need for /pinfo anymore. There's also the TAB window, you can click on the player, hit Report and all info will appear in your screen, the website's "Search" feature and the log_spawning in all players' files. I've reported hundreds of people with video evidence and I don't remember using /pinfo more than a couple of times.

13 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

In case you didn't know, TruckersMP has the option to show the players TMPid right besides the name, so there's no need for /pinfo anymore. There's also the TAB window, you can click on the player, hit Report and all info will appear in your screen, the website's "Search" feature and the log_spawning in all players' files. I've reported hundreds of people with video evidence and I don't remember using /pinfo more than a couple of times.

I also meant of course to disable the report system as well as the player information within the server concerning the id. If all the information there is about a player is just his name, there's no report to be made. I'm guessing that it's not too much hassle to produce a slightly different build where these server functions are disabled in order to prevent false reports.

EDIT

I drive mostly on DLC areas, TruckersMP has always felt pretty empty to me, but I never cared, so I don't see why I should start caring now. Seeing other players only from time to time is enough for me. And a lot better than seeing a constant flow of "Idiots on the road" at 150 Km/h or faster destroying my cargo.

Ok, then you're definitely not caring about the massive part of the game. Only the multiplayer part, and i'd guess that the Convoy mode would suit you better if the player slots were to increase and you'd had someone to cruise around with.

I doubt that it's so easy to have a server where no one can report others. If it were, the freeroam ones opened for the past years Anniversaries could have stayed open a lot longer, even permanently. But I honestly have no idea, so only the developers would be able to tell for sure.

No one in my family, friends or even acquaintances play ETS2 or ATS. Even with 64 players in a server, the only good things I'd get is the NPC traffic and the option to use mods (and only those allowed by the server's host). Which is the same that I get playing solo, with the added bonus that it's I who chooses what mods to use. Convoy mode has zero appeal to me.

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

You have a massive multiplayer and in the same time you're looking for quality players. Unfortunately, this is not something that goes hand-in-hand. The past years, TMP was surviving by monopolizing the multiplayer on ETS2. I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but as a fact. Anyone who wanted to enjoy multiplayer on ETS2 would eventually find TMP, and that favorably contributed to the massive part of the mod because it wasn't a choice, it was a one-way street. 

The past 6 months, Convoy mode has reached the surface and players don't even have to find out about TMP in order to enjoy Multiplayer. And as Convoy, will get more features & more updates, TMP will become more & more irrelevant. Players will drop even further and at that point, TMP won't be able to support the massive part of multiplayer.

And that's why i'm arguing that, this is not a viable plan. I don't consider the results you got as a positive thing by comparing a weekend 4 years ago with this weekend. 4 years ago, ETS2 had 10k less monthly players on average than today, and yet the mod had more players.

ETS2 is a really popular game and the mod that should have been growning with the game side-by-side, simply doesn't.

I don't know, i just see the playerbase changes as well as the fact that ETS2 is currently a really popular game as a huge red flag, and your unwillingness to act upon it, has only one outcome in my mind. 

But getting 32 or 64 slots for convoy just wont be viable for most people. You also gotta remember that convoy only shows you the groups nearest to you. You cant see every single group online. So if you want to join a specific group you have to search for it. And since this is P2P, how the game runs depends on the person hosting, their internet connection and their computer. And sure they could get a dedicated server, but that would cost money. And i can tell you that there is quite a lot of people out there who plays TMP that has a computer that can barely run ETS2 or ATS and a just as bad internet connection. And so if any of those where to host convoy it would be a bad time for everyone joining. And that is with 8 people only. 64 would be impossible. And if they dont have the money for internet or better computer, they are not gonna spent the money on a dedicated server, not when TMP is still free. So unless SCS brings out their own servers, i dont see 64 or even 32 slots being very usable. 

And another thing you forget is that there is constantly a lot of people banned. I cant tell you how many people that we banned in the last 12 months, cause i am pretty sure i am not allowed, but we are talking an absurd amount. so there is constantly thousands of people banned. And constantly a lot of permanently banned people. A lot of those are probably playing Convoy now, since they couldent follow the simple rules we have here. If we where to set everyone that are currently banned free, we would probably brake records for amount of people playing TMP. But we are obviously not gonna do that.  And so if our numbers where to get so low that we wouldent think it was worth to keep TMP going, we would probably just shut down instead of abandoning our ideas and believes. We are not making money from this, so we have nothing to loose. 

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I also meant of course to disable the report system as well as the player information within the server concerning the id. If all the information there is about a player is just his name, there's no report to be made. I'm guessing that it's not too much hassle to produce a slightly different build where these server functions are disabled in order to prevent false reports.

Keep in mind that report system is also used to report any issue that's not related to driving, such as insulting/bad language, impersonation of any kind, or excessive save editing. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

43 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

But getting 32 or 64 slots for convoy just wont be viable for most people. You also gotta remember that convoy only shows you the groups nearest to you. You cant see every single group online. So if you want to join a specific group you have to search for it. And since this is P2P, how the game runs depends on the person hosting, their internet connection and their computer. And sure they could get a dedicated server, but that would cost money. And i can tell you that there is quite a lot of people out there who plays TMP that has a computer that can barely run ETS2 or ATS and a just as bad internet connection. And so if any of those where to host convoy it would be a bad time for everyone joining. And that is with 8 people only. 64 would be impossible. And if they dont have the money for internet or better computer, they are not gonna spent the money on a dedicated server, not when TMP is still free. So unless SCS brings out their own servers, i dont see 64 or even 32 slots being very usable. 

Community Servers are dedicated hardware to do the server part. It's the same as TMP but the technology used behind multiplayer is P2P. The reason SCS went with P2P solution, was to avoid paying for hosting fees. As for Community Servers, the company usually issues a manual on how to configure your server to run their game.  Sometimes, it's even simpler than that. You also need the company to grant your server a license to run their game. After that, you basically have a server always online that runs Convoy mode. You're responsible for paying the server fees and do the moderation. That's the process in other games that i know of, and i'm guessing it will be the same in ETS2

34 minutes ago, Titanic4 said:

Keep in mind that report system is also used to report any issue that's not related to driving, such as insulting/bad language, impersonation of any kind, or excessive save editing. 

Well, that's just basic modifications on the arcade server's report system. Remove the driving related reasons and keep the rest, i guess.

Its me again. 

I started this conversation not to cause any Problems and im really happy to see y´all so active on this Post. 

What i don´t understand is when the community has dreams/wishes/suggestion and so on, why would u say "NO" to them? 

Personally i dont understand it. U are making more profit with happy users ?
for Example: 
 Truckers wanna have "THE SIMULATION" & they are HAPPY with it. 

on the other side:

Truckers are not as Happy because they are missing the OLD SCHOOL TruckersMP. 

What i mean with that ? FREEDOM, MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY <3

#I hope you guys understand any of my words here.....(English is not my Language) xD

i mean there is such an EASY solution so EVERYBODY can be HAPPY with it. 

Open a Server like in the Past, edit the Rules, for example: all Rules are same like Simulation Server with only ONE CHANGE: "NO REPORT FOR RAMMING OR CRASHES!"
Because that´s what we want.  People who are blocking EXITS are just TOXIC Players and they still should get kicked but even if u DONT wanna Moderate its OK to just leave it by the Community. 
We can handle people like that (tp to Service),(taking other road)and so on....

Realistic Trucker experience compared with GAME FUN. Its NOT that Fun to drive around ALL DAY at 90 KM/H.....to be honest. 

It is cool for Beginners but then it really starts to get boring fast. 

And People in here trying to say: "You just wanna RAM into OTHERS and DESTROY THEM, Its not a Racing Game Bla Bla Bla.....: Dude, u can load your savegame if something REALLY Bad Happens. and NO ONE SAID TO RAM SOMEONE FOR FUN ? O.o 
Why....

I mean u know what your doing on the Arcade Server and u should use the functions of the Game instead of forcing everybody to do the Simulation thing. 

I understand that you are looking for those Simulation Drivers but why Only ? 

Give all Players the opportunities to enjoy the Game. 
TMP has so many Server and some of the are barely used so its not that hard to edit one Server for our wishes....and on the other side, its really sad to see that its just a "NO" from TMP or "Its Our Mod we do like we do"....really sad ?
Thats the reason why the Server is not that full like it was in the past. Lost so many Truckers because of the Speed limit. Now the global-non collision Zone thing on an (Arcade Server ) ? ? 
What is Arcade if u drive through others ? I mean if u Speed u should know that its gonna crash somewhere and somehow.... THATS ARCADE FUN❤️ ? 

If u want NO Speed Truckers, join Simulation Server. 
But if u wanna have COMPLETE FREEDOM, join Arcade (with collision EVERYWHERE) 
AND i really dont care if u wanna Moderate a Chaos Server like u called it. If u dont want to moderate a Server like that, then DONT DO IT. 

Its also OK to just REMOVE ALL RULES from ARCADE (but enable collision first pls) and the Players can handle (BLOCKER, RAMMER and all kind of Truckers by themself. ? 

and one more thing. It is a Forum. People have Wishes and Dreams so they can tell ´em in here. But if its a "NO" for a TOPIC that has asked MULTIPLE times, then there is no real function behind (using the forum), it took us time to write all these messages and to make suggestions....its just to easy to say NO but for sure its not the best solution for a Game with so much Potential...i Hope u Guys dont understand me wrong like i said before ( englisch is not my Best <3, but i wanted to tell u guys what i think...) 

#HAPPY TRUCKING @ALLTRUCKERS❤️ ? 

Removing ALL the rules from Arcade server would turn it into Anarchy server. There are rules regarding excessive save editing, hacking, insulting, bad language, or impersonation. Adding enabled collision to the mix could possibly cause more issues than benefits.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

7 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

Removing ALL the rules from Arcade server would turn it into Anarchy server. There are rules regarding excessive save editing, hacking, insulting, bad language, or impersonation. Adding enabled collision to the mix could possibly cause more issues than benefits.

These rules do exist on the Arcade Server as we speak. They wouldn't have to change, as long as the driving related ones are not included. In that case, all incoming reports from the arcade would target hacking, insulting etc...

Plus, i'd argue that the advantages of having a larger audience outweigh the disadvantages. I spent sometime reading the summer announcements concerning the mod's future and the management basically suggested that they're gonna put more effort in updating the mod. But unless, they have a solid plan on how to attract more players, i'm not really interested on how the game's about to be improved in other areas. My main concern in a massive multiplayer game is to have a massive crowd first and foremost.

Also, i don't really agree with that sentence from @MrSirViking.

And so if our numbers where to get so low that we wouldent think it was worth to keep TMP going, we would probably just shut down instead of abandoning our ideas and believes. We are not making money from this, so we have nothing to loose. 

Ever since Patreon, TMP is making money out of the mod. So it's not really accurate to say that you have nothing to lose. You might be a volunteer game moderator but there is a person behind this mod who is getting paid as we speak. I would expect a sentence like this to be said, only by him. 

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Ever since Patreon, TMP is making money out of the mod. So it's not really accurate to say that you have nothing to lose. You might be a volunteer game moderator but there is a person behind this mod who is getting paid as we speak. I would expect a sentence like this to be said, only by him. 

Now i cant say this for certain. But i dont think so. All money goes to server costs. There is no person behind it all getting rich. Back in the day we had donations, but we switched to Patreon because it gave us the possibility to give the Patreons something for their support, as in the Patreon cars and color and such. Now i said that no one is making any money. But that is not actually true. I think we pay one of the devs something, so that we can get updates out faster. So that major updates can come out faster, as we dont have to wait for the developer to have free time to implement the update. Yep it says so right here: https://truckersmp.com/blog/255 But everyone else just does this in their spare time. So there is no one getting rich. So if we cant keep this going as we want it to, I am sure we will just shut down.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

They are getting paid for their full-time job, which is TruckersMP. Those are two Game Developers who are working exclusively for TruckersMP.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived