How do you avoid laggy people?

GaBeN17

Hello!

I believe we're all been there, that laggy player that 100% uses his neighbours internet connection or even worse, he's camping outside McDonnalds and he's getting it from there...
Now my question for you guys is, how do you protect yourself against these kind of people so this type of stuff doesn't happend to you?

My response:

I try to stop at the nearest gas station while keeping distance but in the example above there wasn't any time for that...

( I also had an WOT contract and I was limited to 90km/h. )

Waiting for your response!

Hey, thanks for your topic!

I would try to evade it. But always swerve to the right so as not to endanger oncoming traffic.

If it doesn't work, just apply the brake and handbrake.

If you then drive on it, always make sure you have a video evidence so that in case of doubt you have something in your hand that proves your innocence ?

Stay healthy

Kind regards

Tximx

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

I would apply the brakes until a safe distance behind. This time you got unlucky with lag spike but it’s always a good idea to do so. What harm is slowing a bit gonna do? Swerving out of the way is one way but only if you have grass on one side. Never into oncoming traffic. Better to take the damage home than a ban home 

Hello!

There's a couple of things you could do to avoid unpleasant events caused by lag. First of all, maintain a distance of at least 130 metres between you and the person in front of you. Secondly, try to increase your breaking sensitivity and also, if it's too late for you to do anything, try to swerve to the right to avoid a frontal collision. From what I've seen in the video you provided, nothing I've written above would've helped you. The only thing that could've helped you would've been to reduce the speed while the other player was overtaking you, but you have to assume that everyone who overtakes you might have connection problems.

The accident was inevitable in the video and would require a very good reaction time to avoid a collision. So even if you were to attempt to avoid the accident, chances are the collision may still occur.

In this situation, I would have slowed down to allow the truck to overtake quickly. It also gives a bit more room for lag. At the instance, it would be best slowing down and steering away from the situation. 

For the truck driver: If they knew their internet connection is poor, they defo shouldn't have thought about overtaking as they may make the situation worse for other vehicles. 

banner

@Gabe水果 I am very happy to answer your questions.

Because I am Chinese, I have to use the network acceleration tool to connect to the server.Our network delay is approximately around 160ms.So our network accounts for a certain disadvantage.

For delaying, I usually keep the distance or stop in a safe place, waiting for sufficient safety, then start the engine.

2 hours ago, LH-041-PingFan said:

@Gabe水果 I am very happy to answer your questions.

Because I am Chinese, I have to use the network acceleration tool to connect to the server.Our network delay is approximately around 160ms.So our network accounts for a certain disadvantage.

For delaying, I usually keep the distance or stop in a safe place, waiting for sufficient safety, then start the engine.

Well it's typically ping spikes that do that, it's usually not from just having high ping from my experience. I'm from the US and I get around 160 ms as well but as long as I'm not getting ping spikes I don't lag back on people or have any other big problems. In a game like this, ping doesn't seem to have as much of an effect as it would in something like a FPS game. 

Well, this is unlucky. He didn't do anything wrong and you neither. No one wants to put anyone in danger or to be lagging there. I can see people will try to tell you to keep distance but you weren't trying to close the gap. There is no way you can guess that he is a lagger (high ping doesn't necessary mean that player is a lagger) and by the way he overtook you, there wasn't anything suspicious or could catch your attention to be aware of. 

This is life, stick with it.

5 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

好吧,通常是 ping 尖峰会这样做,这通常不仅仅是因为我的经验具有高 ping。 我来自美国,我也有大约 160 毫秒,但只要我没有收到 ping 峰值,我就不会落后于人或有任何其他大问题。 在这样的游戏中,ping 的效果似乎没有在 FPS 游戏中那样大。 

Network Ping is part of the reason for this phenomenon, as well as the problem of computer performance and fast archiving will cause the stagnation of trucks in the game.

Lag is something that you probably won't be able to predict and it often happens very unexpectedly for you. However, based on the video, you did the best you could and it's not your fault nor his. Here, you can brake or if possible, steer to the right into the grass to avoid and you absolutely should not steer to the left because you may cause danger/accident to the players in the opposite lane.

Hello, I've said this question many times on the forum. Please ensure that you don't choose to overtake, keep a safe distance, and don't drive too fast. If you encounter a reckless driver, remember his tmpid and use the reporting system for feedback

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

So one thing you could do and that you should do, is to slow down when being overtaken. Not only does that help the person overtaking to overtake faster (which means less chance of an accident), but you also gain greater distance to the person overtaking, much quicker. And if you had braked you might have gotten enough distance to that person so that when they lagged, you could react.

17 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

So one thing you could do and that you should do, is to slow down when being overtaken. Not only does that help the person overtaking to overtake faster (which means less chance of an accident), but you also gain greater distance to the person overtaking, much quicker. And if you had braked you might have gotten enough distance to that person so that when they lagged, you could react.

You can't really see it on video but this should prove a bit that I let him overtake faster by not accelerating anymore and slightly braking.

I was thinking he is not a laggy player so after he overtook me I started accelerating but sadly the gap was way too small for me to do anything. You could call it bad luck ?

21 minutes ago, GaBeN17 said:

You can't really see it on video but this should prove a bit that I let him overtake faster by not accelerating anymore and slightly braking.

I was thinking he is not a laggy player so after he overtook me I started accelerating but sadly the gap was way too small for me to do anything. You could call it bad luck ?

And even then, the "brake hand and keep distance" method doesn't work really well.

I believe the distance in this video it's reasonable.

It is a tricky one, cause it can be difficult to determine if another driver is a lagging. Sometimes when someone is overtaking me I can see it straight away because they're lagging during the overtaking. Then I would slow down a bit to create some distance between me and the other driver. But in your video the driver didn't lag at all before already having merged back into the right lane. So you would have had no way of knowing that they could lag. So in your situation there wasn't much you could do. As some had said before it's always a good idea to try and brake, and possible go onto the grass to avoid collision. But not everyone has a reaction time good enough to do that.

Personally I would say your distance to the driver overtaking was reasonable given that they didn't seem to be lagging. I guess this is just one of those things that happens when you play on a server with players from all over the world.

spacer.png | spacer.png

First of all, get your speed down! You're way too fast! This is a truck and not a car you're driving there. Belgium has a general speedlimit for >7,5t of 60 km/h on country roads.
Also, keep appropriate distance. 100 km/h = 50 m. 80 km/h 40 m. 60 km/h 30m. Maybe even more. In your video you seemed to slow down really slowly indicating you probably kept your foot on the clutch; dont do this, your engine will automatically slow down itself if you keep foot off the clutch and let it roll, either you could just brake a bit. But that 1-2 km/h difference in your video wasn't from braking.

Such situations like someone overtaking you and not keeping appropriate distance is inappropriate overtaking, but i have my doubts that admins actually will ban someone for this.

9 hours ago, poland.ball said:

First of all, get your speed down! You're way too fast! This is a truck and not a car you're driving there. Belgium has a general speedlimit for >7,5t of 60 km/h on country roads.
Also, keep appropriate distance. 100 km/h = 50 m. 80 km/h 40 m. 60 km/h 30m. Maybe even more. In your video you seemed to slow down really slowly indicating you probably kept your foot on the clutch; dont do this, your engine will automatically slow down itself if you keep foot off the clutch and let it roll, either you could just brake a bit. But that 1-2 km/h difference in your video wasn't from braking.

Such situations like someone overtaking you and not keeping appropriate distance is inappropriate overtaking, but i have my doubts that admins actually will ban someone for this.

While this may apply in real life, we're talking about C-D race track. Doing the speed limit there will get you reported and cause people to be even more reckless when passing you. This is due to peoples inability to even attempt to slow down. Their objective is to drive as fast as possible while not caring one bit about other players. There's nothing like being screamed at by a child driving way too fast for the conditions in a truck with rainbow colored tires and way too many flashing lights that don't seem to ever turn off. 

The sad reality is it's up to safe and attentive drivers to make adjustments for the never ending supply of careless drivers.

11 hours ago, Drogus Maxwell said:

While this may apply in real life, we're talking about C-D race track. Doing the speed limit there will get you reported and cause people to be even more reckless when passing you. This is due to peoples inability to even attempt to slow down. Their objective is to drive as fast as possible while not caring one bit about other players. There's nothing like being screamed at by a child driving way too fast for the conditions in a truck with rainbow colored tires and way too many flashing lights that don't seem to ever turn off. 

The sad reality is it's up to safe and attentive drivers to make adjustments for the never ending supply of careless drivers.

I know, but I do not care if weird people think about reporting me. I got my back with a recorder, showing i'm not in the wrong here, and if anyone decides to overtake me and endanger other players, I'll report them. I have my doubts I will ever see again people actually going by the limits, but I've seen a few people abide the limits before which makes me keep my hope :))

The fun part is, I'm mostly driving the skoda, meaning I'm not even going 60 in Belgium or Germany. 80/90/100 are decent speeds, and you even have to slow down in a few curves to avoid loosing control. I went around the curves a few times at 110, but it's really only possible to not loose control if you're with a steering wheel or have mouse steering. Keyboard users would swerve into the opposite lane.

Archived