winter physics

jakiczlwei

I believe it’s disabled because of the workload for the team. It would obviously put more strain on the Add-On Team to en corporate this and it would significantly increase the workload of GMs. Although it isn’t realistic, it’s much safer and easier for everyone else. You could also crank up the rain slider so it’s always snowing and that would give you a slippery road, although it’s understandable if you wouldn’t want permanent snow on your windscreen. 

1 hour ago, jakiczlwei said:

how is slippery road during winter unrealistic.

Roads being slippery during winter isn't unrealistic. However, they probably meant that the physics add-on doesn't simulate slippery roads realistically, as creating an accurate simulation for slippery roads with the current game engine would be nearly impossible. Anyway, this doesn't mean that the current physics add-on wouldn't make the winter mod more realistic - it still somewhat simulates slippery roads, which of course, is realistic. And I agree that the winter mod is funnier with the physics add-on, but bearing in mind that it has also caused countless useless bans in the past (and I can promise that after getting banned it's not that fun anymore), I can also see why the management team has decided not to support it this year.

I believe it's a result of last year. It was enabled as a start.

Responsible people went and had fun in the arcade server. Non-responsible people (most) went on Sim2 and did not care enough to drive carefully. Which resulted in a lot of crashes and therefore reports. After that was it deactivated since they realized people didn't pay attention. So they learnt their lesson last year. No need to make the same mistake twice.
We shouldn't blame TMP for not enabling physics. If we should blame anyone, it should be the people that didn't drive responsibly with physics on.

Would I like to see physics? Yes, however, only In arcade server. It would be great if the physics were only on in the arcade server. However, I have full respect for it being difficult to implement.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

8 hours ago, MHT_ said:

Roads being slippery during winter isn't unrealistic. However, they probably meant that the physics add-on doesn't simulate slippery roads realistically, as creating an accurate simulation for slippery roads with the current game engine would be nearly impossible. Anyway, this doesn't mean that the current physics add-on wouldn't make the winter mod more realistic - it still somewhat simulates slippery roads, which of course, is realistic. And I agree that the winter mod is funnier with the physics add-on, but bearing in mind that it has also caused countless useless bans in the past (and I can promise that after getting banned it's not that fun anymore), I can also see why the management team has decided not to support it this year.

I believe that the entire situation needs to be reevaluated. Of course abusers need to be banned, but what i see here (and from others comments in discord) is people being excessively "REC/BAN" happy over frivolous accidents and situations (like they already are in the game nowadays), always assuming bad intent from the other players because of a mod that is expected to cause certain "chaos" in the game due to the nature of the season, like it happens in real life. ( I have lost count of how many times i have seen real crashes on the cd road due to lag/bugs and idiots threatening reports on other players because they can't wait 10 seconds for a truck with emergency lights on to finish getting back on road.)

While i understand that there seems to be a bug in the mod causing unpredictable loss of control, the support getting "overloaded" with reports might be a sign of another problem, that maybe there are excessive rules, or maybe there is a lack of requirements to fill a report and avoid abuse/useless reports, or maybe we need special season rules/reqs for reports, or maybe that this community is killing itself and the fun of the game by being overly sensitive with situations caused by other players and wanting to isolate themselves from that. Then why even play a online Multiplayer game?

I am being honest, i was waiting for this season mod, a lot, best ets2mp time of the year for me (plus Christmas). And now i am losing interest in playing. I don't want to be a dramaqueen over this but it makes me worry how many other players the server is losing due to these situations. Yes, we have the official convoy mp now but we can't blame that forever.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:18 PM, PallePuh said:

I believe it's a result of last year. It was enabled as a start.

Responsible people went and had fun in the arcade server. Non-responsible people (most) went on Sim2 and did not care enough to drive carefully. Which resulted in a lot of crashes and therefore reports. After that was it deactivated since they realized people didn't pay attention. So they learnt their lesson last year. No need to make the same mistake twice.
We shouldn't blame TMP for not enabling physics. If we should blame anyone, it should be the people that didn't drive responsibly with physics on.

Would I like to see physics? Yes, however, only In arcade server. It would be great if the physics were only on in the arcade server. However, I have full respect for it being difficult to implement.

It wasn't that bad, I was driving the busiest areas when winter physics mod was enabled and it was fun, some crashed but that's part of the fun. The only people that hate it have a stick up their ass and only play to report people having fun. 

"Some crashed but that's part of the fun". Only for the idiots who are crasing others. The rest of the players, who are trying to enjoy the game, surely don't find it so funny when others crashed them. So they will most likely send reports, not because they "only play to report people having fun", but because their own fun was ruined by those people.

BTW, these "people having fun" with the Winter physics are one of the reasons why this add-on was removed. Think about it.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:02 PM, jakiczlwei said:

It wasn't that bad, I was driving the busiest areas when winter physics mod was enabled and it was fun, some crashed but that's part of the fun. The only people that hate it have a stick up their ass and only play to report people having fun. 

It's not part of the fun to get rammed just because someone lost control. What if you do World of Trucks and you get rammed, maybe you flip. Then you wasted that job and time. What if you got a lot of damage? Kind of wasted that job.

I like winter and some slippery roads too, but it's not an excuse to drive recklessly.

Also I think Owen had a very good response to why it wasn't activated. Definitely worth a read.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived