Freezing in ETS2

Danny.

Question

13 answers to this question

Hi! First of all, are you experiencing this problem since you started playing first time or only now recently?

Freezing can appear because of playing MP with a bad processor or a bad HDD. 

You need a decent CPU and SSD for no freezing. Also, it depends how much RAM do you have. I recommend you minimum 8 GB of ram (16 GB would be much better).

Hello @Danny.,

Freezing can happen in different conditions. The most known one (most likely yours as well) in this game, is getting the game frozen after doing ALT + TAB (or ALT + ESC) (to minimize the game/window).

To prevent this to happen, you MUST not click anything when running the game through the launcher. For example, when you hit the 'Launch ETS2' button on the launcher, do not click on anything with your mouse, or do not press any button on your keyboard until the game opens.

Doing the otherwise, somehow getting your game glitched/bugged and eventually the entire game functions gets frozen. This is a known temporary fix for this problem.

I have explained this matter in detail. This is also explained in this solution topic, huge thanks to the author:

I hope this helps fixing your issue!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

DarkScream[TR]
TruckersMP Report Moderator

🇺🇸 Kind regards / 🇹🇷 Saygılar,

DarkScream

TruckersMP | Game Moderator

Hi @Sneezyand @Da n R O

Thank you both for your answers!

I’m having this problem for around 6 months or so. I don’t think the problem is related to my laptop, because I have an MSI GS63 with a GTX 1070 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD and an i7 7700HQ. 

I’m not using “alt+tab” in the game. The screen just blocks in the middle of the game, like a huge lag, where I can’t do anything, other than force quit the game.

Any suggestions you may have are highly appreciated!

Hello there! @Danny.

First of all, thank you for reaching us via TruckersMP Forum, especially Help Section

My name is Petr (RedWolf [CZ]), and I am one of Support Team Members (Support Trainee) here on TruckersMP. I will do my best to solve your problem!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your problem occurs in Multiplayer, then I would try to re-install TMP and install it again. Anyway before you will do so, please check integrity of in-game files

> Go to Steam Library
> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2
> Properties
> Local Files
> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

If it did not work, try to re-install TruckersMP Launcher with following steps: 

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Go to documents and delete this folders called (ETS2MP, ATSMP) 
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Let us know if it helped to you! ? It helps to keep our forum always organized! 

I can not wait for your reaply about status of your issue

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP - Support  Trainee 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello. If the game is frozen for about 1 minute during the loading screen (just before you're about to choose your profile), then it's mostly due to a sound/map mod or even a corrupted profile. It's crucial not to press alt+tab during that freezing period, otherwise the game will just crash. However, if the game is freezing at random times, then you have to look for what exactly happens before it freezes. For instance, if the auto-save icon shows up and your game freezes, then it's probably due to a large amount of mods or garages/trucks that you own. Try to delete the files inside "Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\cache" and also, verify the integrity of the game files, through Steam (right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2->Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game files...). Most of the mods (in case you use any) from 1.42 are incompatible with the current version, so create a backup of those files and delete them from the mods folder. 

Thank you all for your replies!

I have tried all the options you all mentioned, also the integrity of the files, but the issue is still there (for instance, when I’m playing for 2 hours, there will be at least 2 chances that the game will freeze).

Is there anything else I can try? 

Thank you very much!

Hello @Danny.,

If there's many players around you, you'll experience lower FPS (Because of all the players around you. It happens for everyone, the more players, the lower the FPS, it's the same at Calais and Duisburg and any other cities/places with many players ?)

The game was made for Singleplayer (Now it can support 8 players in Convoy), and not MMO (Many hundredes of players at the same location, like Official convoys on TruckersMP), because of that, the game only runs on 1-3 maybe 4 CPU threads (Might get better as Convoys player limit is increased (IF it gets increased), and because of that, the game doesn't run well with many players around.
Also, if your GPU is running under 95-99/100% utilization, your CPU is holding you back.

To increase the game performance, you need a better CPU or lower any game graphics that requires CPU performance.
For help on the above, take a look at the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300836306
When on that link, look at the following:

5) FPS tweaks
6) Graphic settings
7) ETS2 Multiplayer FPS tweaks

You can try lowering the game settings that takes CPU performance ?

You can also try lowering the Draw Distance in-game, here's how:

1. Open the TAB/player list

2. Hit the gear (Settings)

3. Go to the Graphics settings tab

4. Try lowering the Draw Distance from the usual medium to low or very low

Hopefully that'll help with your games performance ?

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
@Zysto
TruckersMP - Trial Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Have a nice day!