What do you think about a 90kph / 57mph speed limiter on Simulation servers?

Ulog

Hi, ?

the current TruckersMP Rules about Driving, Traffic Law etc. are pretty similar as the Real Life Rules but the part with Official speed limits is a thing which SCS Base Game already has. :kappa:

Truck speed limiter - :check:  - Disables the ability to drive faster than 90 km/h.

Traffic offense - :check: - Gives you a Ticket every time you're driving faster than the Official speed limit.

To make it more realistic, it's a good alternative to enable these two too. To make it perfect, it's good to enable the Fatigue simulation for the perfect touch.

If you want to enable these, I will provide two Screenshots down below how to do it.  :thisisfine:

King Regards,

Doñ Cheeki

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

I think this could be a very good thing !
After all, the goal of this game is based on the simulation of driving a truck, and we are talking about simulation here, as well as the name of the TMP servers, so why not apply this limitation on the servers that have the name "Simulation"? Because in reality, a truck driving at 110 km/h does not reflect simulation in any way...

And if some players don't like it, they can choose the Arcade server which allows much more.

Hello

My suggestion is the same as theirs. I also think 90km is the safest speed, but some people don't adapt to this speed, so many people choose to overtake, which is also the most common accident on CD road.

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

I have always said we should have a 90km/h speed limit on all servers except arcade servers. Just like in real life. And in a lot of countries you cant even drive 90km/h, at least not here in Europe. In Denmark the highway limit for trucks is 80km/h. No where in Denmark are they allowed to drive 90km/h. So i feel that 90km/h is a fair. But i dont make the rules, i just follow them and enforce them. 

It is true that passenger vehicles are usually not bound to a speed limit meant for trucks, respectively vehicles of another weight category. 

But how can this need be addressed and satisfied on the simulation servers?

Is it technically possible to lift the speed limit restrictions for passenger vehicles only, but at the same time configure them as collision-free?

What would such a configuration mean for the realism aspect? Would they be respected the same by others as if they were not collision-free?

Just thinking aloud.

In my opinion, inexperienced drivers will crash even though the number of accidents and bumps should decrease rapidly (entering a corner at a speed of 90 km / h and 110 km / g makes a difference). You could also think about lowering the engine power in some trucks, which would increase road safety a bit, but I generally support this idea ?

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Is it technically possible to lift the speed limit restrictions for passenger vehicles only, but at the same time configure them as collision-free?

What would such a configuration mean for the realism aspect? Would they be respected the same by others as if they were not collision-free?

This has a good effect - trolls cannot use these cars. True realism is impossible. Human is a stupid animal who tries to break all the rules in the virtual world. Often very carelessly.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, P h o e n i x said:

While I would definitely find the limiter being at 90km/h the most realistic and may have some benefits, i'm somewhat split on it because 100km/h+ on a motorway with nobody else around (e.g driving in the DLC areas) also isn't an unreasonable speed 99% of the time.

allways the same lame excuse. 

it dosnt matter if a crowded place or alone in the romanian carpartes   

set the speedlimit to 80 and stop crying.   ppl drive 8k kilometer tours without seeing others for weeks and still go on with 80.... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived