What do you think of ATS?

ash.exe

Hi!

There isn't really a lot of discussion about American Truck Simulator because a lot of drivers are in Euro Truck Sim. 

I love to find out:

• What you like and dislike about ATS (including the TMP version)?
  • What is the best place to drive through in the ATS map?
  • And what you think of the game overall?

And if you would like my opinion:

ATS probably has the best sceneries, maybe better than most areas in ETS2. The trucks are also quite fun to drive. However, a lot of areas in ATS are very empty.

My favourite place to drive through is Washington and Oregon.

And overall, I think ATS is a very underrated game. There are a lot of nice areas to drive through that are somewhat rare to encounter in ETS2 Vanilla. You have a lot of roads you can drive through and a lot of trucks in the game are very nice to use. 

banner

Hey there,

• I love the scale of the map, from what's already available it feels huge. making it easy to do long hauls. Different states having different scenery is nice, however it is a bit bland but I still like it more than ETS. Also more truck options would be nicer, preferably older gen.
  • I mostly drive in the Washington and Oregon area as it has some of the best roads and some of the best scenery in the game aswell.
  • Overall, I love the game more than I do ETS2, but still find myself playing ETS2 more than ATS somehow:kappa:.

The game is getting much better than it was a few years ago when I started playing in late 2017. Multiplayer has always been pretty dead unfortunately though so I mostly played ETS2 to play multiplayer which I have most of my hours in right now. About 1020 in ETS2 and 540 in ATS. However right now I would consider ATS to be my favorite truck sim. Really hyped for when Texas DLC comes out! It's basically the size of like 2-2.5 states so lots of stuff to explore. All the recent map DLCs have been really good but even without the map DLC, SCS is reworking areas of the base map, notably California, but it will take a long time like the Germany rework in ETS2 did. SCS already reworked some cities too such as Las Vegas, Yuma, Tonopah, and others.

• Community Manager

ATS is a great game all around. As previously mentioned, the servers are not as packed as ETS2, and it mainly could be because not a lot of people are interested in the game because of the lack of content that comes with the game. However, ATS is still younger than ETS2 and SCS can still polish it to make it more popular. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

What I like about ATS are its roads and trucks, what I dislike about the game including TMP are the few players ...

I don't have a specific one in my favorite places, but I really like the city of San Francisco.

I think that as such the game is very good, but it needs a little more activity in the case of TMP, so that more players play and that they bring out something new to attract more people in general.?

ElYefer20 ?

I love the Washington and Oregon area as there really are some beautiful parts.  Anxiously awaiting the Texas DLC to open up the map more.  While the map has been growing, it still pales in comparison to ETS currently.  I am one of those that wants more and more map coverage for travel possibilities.

On the MP side, I am relatively newer there so while I would like more people on the map the "not wanting to make a mistake" in me prefers the lower numbers!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not American so I don’t know if the map is realistic. Like the base one isn’t in ETS2. But the map quality as a whole is much better than Euro Truck (helps as it’s a later game) and since the Mack was introduced, I have seen a noticeable improvement in interior detail and quality. I drive a Cascadia and I really like it. The long, fast and straight highways are a refreshing break from the tight Welsh roads of ProMods Europe. If anyone was considering buying it I would definitely recommend it. 

Although Ets2 has more players than ats2, each game has its own advantages and trucks are different

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Personally I prefer ATS because for me the gameplay is better, whether on solo or online. Trucks are better or rather better suited to my driving and what I transport. The long roads through the different states, the coast, the desert ! The community is quite pleasant and mature I find compared to ETS2. I don't know why there are no more people on ATSMP...

First off one thing I dont like that there doing, is adding buses to ATS its called American Truck Simulator for a reason. Its specificly based off IRL Semi Trucks and the experience you'd get out of it. I hope they realize that, if they bring in buses all of the community are gonna just be driving buses, which doesnt make sense because the game is for enhancing Truck Simulation not a Bus simulation. All im gonna say is, the servers on ATS are already dead, but if you guys add Buses to ATS/TMP then just know the whole game is gonna be dead. Not just that every company Founder will lose all of their drivers because its gonna be transformed into a bus simulation, thats why we have Solo ATS, where people can install mods for a reason. Please take this under concederation.

Sincerely, Truck Brakes

I can't say I prefer one over the other, ATS and ETS2 both have their qualities. ATS MP is a much more courteous group, probably due to the significantly less number of players. While there are parts of the map that seem bland, I can tell you as a rl professional trucker, it is realistic. They captured the unique qualities of the cities very well, no carbon copied cities like they have in ETS2. Overall, the game has been, for me, worth the time and money.

Archived